What is a bad salary?

What is the lowest salary you would accept?

• Less than $15,080

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • $15,080-$25,999

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $26,000-$31,199

• $31,200-$44,999

• $45,000-$69,999

• $70,000-$249,999

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • $250,000 or more

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

presonorek

Gold Member
Jun 7, 2015
Alabama
Minimum wage is $7.25 an hour. That equates to $15,080 per year for a full time job.

How much is too little?

Any salary that you don't feel compensates you for your work.

Of course, you would be foolish to expect more than your skills, experience, and the market feels is adequate compensation.

It’s weird. Where I live most people make less than $40,000 per year. Personally I have never made more than $28,500 per year at one job. If I ever made more than that it was because I was working two jobs.

So how does this world work? I hear all kinds of shenanigans that sounds like bs. Are people really making these absurd amounts of money? or do people lie for fun?

Any salary that you don't feel compensates you for your work.

Of course, you would be foolish to expect more than your skills, experience, and the market feels is adequate compensation.

I’m about to take a job that pays $13 an hour and I think that is insanely good. What am I missing? If I could get a lower paying job with 25 hours per week or less I’d take that one instead. What are these people doing with all this extra money? I feel rich as crap.

I’m about to take a job that pays $13 an hour and I think that is insanely good. What am I missing?

You're not missing anything. If you feel adequately compensated for the job you will be doing, then it's a good salary.

You're not missing anything. If you feel adequately compensated for the job you will be doing, then it's a good salary.

Someone in another thread said that $38 per hour was chicken scratch. What the hell is wrong with that person? or What the hell is wrong with me? $38 per hour is absurdity butt loads of oogles and pa googles.

Are people really making these absurd amounts of money? or do people lie for fun?

Many people are paid what others to believe are exorbitant sums for what they are believed to do. Mostly by people who don't adequately understand the job that person is doing.

Bottom line, no company is going to pay more for you if they can get all the same benefits from someone who will do the job for less.

Just as anyone would be foolish to pay more for the exact item that is sold elsewhere for less.

What the hell is wrong with me? $38 per hour is absurdity butt loads of oogles and pa googles.

$38 per hour is an exorbitant wage for a fry cook. It's a genuine bargain for a heart surgeon.

There is no one single wage that would be fair in every case.

Minimum wage is $7.25 an hour. That equates to $15,080 per year for a full time job.

How much is too little?
Thats too little. If a person earns 15.00 and hour and works 2080 hours a year, that would be 31,200 a year.

My house payment is $0.00. I paid that sucker off in 2015. I don’t need $31,200 a year. What would I do with all that money?
The nice thing about $13 per hour is the employer doesn'texpect much effort. Wages are tied to effort. Higher wage one works harder and less wages one pulls back and slows it down.

Wages are tied to effort.

Wages are determined by many factors. If your skills are general, a combination of work efficiency and reliability. You will generally only receive market rate for your work.

If your skills are specialized, like a CEO or a heart surgeon, your wages, in large part, will rely both on how well you perform and by how much prestige you bring to your employer.

In many ways, the most high earners in business are a lot like star athletes. The name as well as performance determines compensation.

I’m about to take a job that pays $13 an hour and I think that is insanely good. What am I missing? If I could get a lower paying job with 25 hours per week or less I’d take that one instead. What are these people doing with all this extra money? I feel rich as crap.

If you feel rich that is all that matters. Why do you care how others feel?

Depends on where you live

If you still need government assistance after working 40 hours a week….that is a bad salary

Depends on where you live, what your skills are, how much education or training it took for you to qualify for the job, and how much value you bring to a position.

A 17-year-old busing tables after school 15 hours a week in a small town in Oklahoma would be happy for $100 spending money for the weekend - and that’s what the job deserves.

An engineer with a grad degree and 15 years of experience who designs complex structures that enhance people’s lives deserves at least $100,000 a year.

Many people are paid what others to believe are exorbitant sums for what they are believed to do. Mostly by people who don't adequately understand the job that person is doing.

Bottom line, no company is going to pay more for you if they can get all the same benefits from someone who will do the job for less.

Just as anyone would be foolish to pay more for the exact item that is sold elsewhere for less.
Well, this explains a lot.

#LOLGOP #TooFunny #CLASSIC

Forum List

Back