What Is Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency?

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency (AAT deficiency) is an inherited condition that raises your risk for lung and liver disease. Alpha-1 antitrypsin (AAT) is a protein that protects the lungs. The liver makes it. If the AAT proteins aren't the right shape, they get stuck in the liver cells and can't reach the lungs.Aug 30, 2016
https://medlineplus.gov/alpha1antitrypsindeficiency.html#:~:text=Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency (AAT,can't reach the lungs.

Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency - MedlinePlus

----------------------------------------
they should get when your an child and see whose a carrier, lets say about 5 years old, no one smokes at 5 years old or gets sick with copd and emphysema.

A lot can be avoided if the check for certain diseases. That means that some people will not procreate.

Last edited:
Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency (AAT deficiency) is an inherited condition that raises your risk for lung and liver disease. Alpha-1 antitrypsin (AAT) is a protein that protects the lungs. The liver makes it. If the AAT proteins aren't the right shape, they get stuck in the liver cells and can't reach the lungs.Aug 30, 2016
https://medlineplus.gov/alpha1antitrypsindeficiency.html#:~:text=Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency (AAT,can't reach the lungs.

Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency - MedlinePlus

----------------------------------------
they should get when your an child and see whose a carrier, lets say about 5 years old, no one smokes at 5 years old or gets sick with copd and emphysema.

A lot can be avoided if the check for certain diseases. That mean that some people will not procreate.
Ummm, you are promoting in your last paragraph that people should be checked and if so they shouldn’t breed…

So if all your kids tested positive you would be fine they wouldn’t be allow to breed?

Ummm, you are promoting in your last paragraph that people should be checked and if so they shouldn’t breed…

So if all your kids tested positive you would be fine they wouldn’t be allow to breed?
if they breeded with all carriers. A lot of these diseases wouldn't if we checked hereditary stuff.

What is meant by the term “Alpha-1 carrier”? An Alpha-1 carrier is a person who has one normal alpha-1 gene (M) and one defective alpha-1 gene (usually Z or S). Being a carrier is very common. It is believed that over 19 million people in the United States are carriers. Most Alpha-1 carriers are MZ or MS. Carriers may have lower blood levels of the alpha-1 antitrypsin protein, but their levels are rarely as low as those of people with Alpha-1.

--------------------------------------------------
don't smoke or drink.

What would you do with 1.4 plus billion live with Chinas land acreage?

The hospitals are overwhelmed and there will be a next pandemic.

The current world population of 7.6 billion is expected to reach 8.6 billion in 2030, 9.8 billion in 2050 and 11.2 billion in 2100, according to a new United Nations report being launched today. With roughly 83 million people being added to the world’s population every year, the upward trend in population size is expected to continue, even assuming that fertility levels will continue to decline.

The World Population Prospects: The 2017 Revision, published by the UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs, provides a comprehensive review of global demographic trends and prospects for the future. The information is essential to guide policies aimed at achieving the new Sustainable Development Goals.

I guess I misunderstood what your article said. What did they mean about the abnormal gene being inherited from both parents?
Both parents inherited by both parents, positive tests.
Abnormal Alpha‑1 allele from father +
Abnormal Alpha‑1 allele from mother

India is approximately 3,287,263 sq km, while China is approximately 9,596,960 sq km, making China 192% larger than India. Meanwhile, the population of India is ~1.3 billion people (67.9 million more people live in China). We have positioned the outline of India near the middle of China.
https://www.mylifeelsewhere.com/cou...mately 3,287,263 sq,near the middle of China.

Size of China compared to India - MyLifeElsewhere.com

----------------------------------------------------
Prevention is the key.

Both parents inherited by both parents, positive tests.
Abnormal Alpha‑1 allele from father +
Abnormal Alpha‑1 allele from mother
I don't know what that means either but I found another article that does state it can be passed by one or both parents. It also states that it's fairly rare and expresses itself in about 10% of the people who inherit it.

I don't know what that means either but I found another article that does state it can be passed by one or both parents. It also states that it's fairly rare and expresses itself in about 10% of the people who inherit it.

What I read implied that it can be passed on by 1 or both parents.
Since it is a deficiency, if only 1 parent passes the trait, it is less likely to manifest than if both pass it.

The real questions are whether we should then do more genetic testing before marriage, before pregnancy, before birth, etc.?

Forum List

Back