What is politics?

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. ~ Groucho Marx.

Discuss

If politics is so bad then why isn't it banned?

If they are "playing politics," as some politicians will accuse their adversaries; then why don't they not play politics?

Politics is the art of securing government funds.
Well the dictionary definition is this

the activities associated with the governance of a country or other area, especially the debate or conflict among individuals or parties having or hoping to achieve power:"the president's relationship with Congress is vital to American politics"

But as for myself, I view it as man's never ending lust for power. To do this, you create a group to overcome another group and at any cost.

It is man at his worst state.

If politics is so bad then why isn't it banned?

If they are "playing politics," as some politicians will accuse their adversaries; then why don't they not play politics?
Politics is in everything we do and say.

School, work, government, and even religion.

Human nature is simply flawed is all, which then brings politics into everything.

So, if everything seems out of whack, is it possible that it is because of the imperfections of the social deliberation system?

US4CC.meme.Col_Jessup - unsubstantiated_subdivision.png

So, if everything seems out of whack, is it possible that it is because of the imperfections of the social deliberation system?

View attachment 739198
The sad part is, many turn to politics for their "collective salvation".

That has never happened and will never happen.

Most men who have walked the earth have been slaves of the state and/or fought and died for the state.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. ~ Groucho Marx.

Discuss
I would say politics is what Joe Biden does. He reaches across the isle. He solves problems. He gets bills passed. He gives and takes. He gets er done.

And he signs bills so that all Americans can enjoy America. Not just some

Senate sends Biden bill to keep gov't open through Dec. 23​

The Senate has passed legislation to fund the government for an additional week as lawmakers race to finish work on a full-year spending package before they head home for the holidays and a new Congress is sworn in

Somehow, even with the slightest majority, Biden's getting shit done.

The sad part is, many turn to politics for their "collective salvation".
I do not know what that is. I have never thought to describe my expectation as "collective salvation." After years of research, I have decided that I expect the government to solve the issues that are being argued on social media, like this site, USMB.

That has never happened and will never happen.

I am very confident that I am delivering the path to my expectation that I described.
2022-12-09| US Message Board

Most men who have walked the earth have been slaves of the state and/or fought and died for the state.
That is why we need to advance to a better formulation of government. It is not supposed to be that way, but then maybe there is something wrong with your thinking.

Forum List

Back