What Really Motivates Me ... at least to clean my apartment!

Granny

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2009
Rocky Top, TN
Tuning my TV to the music channels. That gets me going ... of course, I get to make a complete ass of myself by taking my little booty shaking breaks and hip bumping episodes while dusting or vacuuming. What the hell? "Everybody plays the fool ..." ahhhhhhh.

I do that when in cleaning mode. If my joints are loose enough to do the butt bumps and wiggles.

Oh, girl! Above all else, keep the joints loose!! LOL!

I'm so damned pleased with myself I'm going to fix a big, fat rib eye and baked potato for dinner tonight.

When I used to paint..I listened to classical. When I had my stores, I played anything from reggae to Enya to easy rock...which kept me busy rearranging, dusting, decorating a section of the store, ordering merchandise, etc. When house cleaning, it was golden oldies and even rap. I moved faster when that stuff was cranked up.:lol:

lol. Not TOO loud though. I don't want the neighbors to get upset. Some of them work the night shift and sleep during the day.

I want to get a thingybob. One of those little doomaflotchies that has earphones and music playing. Ipod? But I have no clue how to work the damn things. This summer, I want to walk all over this town with my trekking poles along with music in my ears but I hate gadgetry so......

O, Gracie! You are a hoot. I'm afraid I'm in the same club with you. When I was gainfully employed in the real world I kept up with technology - at least as it pertained to my job. These days, not so much. I'm telling you, I've got this cell phone - well, it's a smart phone and android or something - but that damned thing is either demon possessed or high or crack cocaine. Either way, it is without my knowledge or consent. That thing does exactly as it damned well pleases. Drives me crazy. Every time it does an update it scrambles everything on my phone and I have to figure out how in the hell to do stuff like I used to do it because it won't do it that way anymore. It wreaks havoc on my contact list and I have to go through the whole damn thing and delete double and triple entries and I have to double and triple check to be sure I didn't completely delete a contact altogether. The spell check, on one hand, is not altogether bad, but when it changes text message words to something I never said, it just sends me ballistic. I know what I want to say, I say what I want to say ... and this demon possessed in it's drug induced haze decides for me that it knows better than I do what I "meant" to say. I sent a text about anti-smoke odor candles - I read what I wrote before I hit send - and it went out that I had anti-age candles. I think we both know if there was such a thing as anti-age candles, every man, woman and child on the planet would keep a constant supply of about 20,000 of the things burning 24/7. And I'm going to add a banking app to this monster? I don't think so.

When I used to paint..I listened to classical. When I had my stores, I played anything from reggae to Enya to easy rock...which kept me busy rearranging, dusting, decorating a section of the store, ordering merchandise, etc. When house cleaning, it was golden oldies and even rap. I moved faster when that stuff was cranked up.:lol:
Have you ever listened to Jackie Evancho? She's now 14 but started singing opera when she was 8! She sounds like an angel! Wonderful music to clean by...

My hi tech son had a surprise on his face when he saw his ol mom rocking out with a wireless speaker and free music on the internet. It does make you forget your cleaning, and before you know it your done with your chore.
Rock or Disco out cleaning and
I love to chop veggies to Yanni, or Enya .. with anything faster I would cut my fingers off.lol

"I hate housework. You make the beds,you wash the dishes and six months later you have to start all over again.”

- Joan Rivers

My hi tech son had a surprise on his face when he saw his ol mom rocking out with a wireless speaker and free music on the internet. It does make you forget your cleaning, and before you know it your done with your chore.
Rock or Disco out cleaning and
I love to chop veggies to Yanni, or Enya .. with anything faster I would cut my fingers off.lol

Ummm ... good choices there if you're chopping veggies!! I have the video of Yanni's first concert held in Greece - at the Parthenon I think. Also have some Enya CDs.

Forum List

Back