What was that you were saying about MSNBC ratings?

Do you watch The Rachel Maddow Show?

• Yes

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • I would rather swim naked in a pool of double-edged razor blades

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Pineapple

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
??? Where is the obvious simple answer option of "no?"

I don't watch Maddow, but if the choice were to do so or swim naked in a pool of double-edged razor blades, I "sho nuff" would be watchin' Rachel.

You obviously have not seen her show. The swim would be much more enjoyable!

I don't know how people can watch these types of shows with any regularity. Don't people wonder what information is being ignored, avoided, distorted? People can't actually think they're getting the whole story - do they?

Such as? She has a board that takes up the whole screen of people who are no longer with the Trump administration. What would the ignored/avoided/distorted be? Are they still there?

I follow the news. I listen to the educated and the wise. Insert your hearty laugh here - but this is one of the guys I pay careful attention to.

Laurence H. Tribe | Harvard Law School

Laurence H. Tribe, the Carl M. Loeb University Professor and Professor of Constitutional Law at Harvard, has taught at its Law School since 1968 and was voted the best professor by the graduating class of 2000. The title “University Professor” is Harvard’s highest academic honor, awarded to just a handful of professors at any given time and to just 68 professors in all of Harvard University’s history. Born in China to Russian Jewish parents, Tribe entered Harvard in 1958 at 16; graduated summa cum laude in Mathematics (1962) and magna cum laude in Law (1966); clerked for the California and U.S. Supreme Courts(1966-68); received tenure at 30; was elected to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences at 38 and to the American Philosophical Society in 2010; helped write the constitutions of South Africa, the Czech Republic, and the Marshall Islands; has received eleven honorary degrees, most recently a degree honoris causa from the Government of Mexico in March 2011 that was never before awarded to an American and an honorary D. Litt. From Columbia University; has prevailed in three-fifths of the many appellate cases he has argued (including 35 in the U.S. Supreme Court); was appointed in 2010 by President Obama and Attorney General Holder to serve as the first Senior Counselor for Access to Justice; and has written 115 books and articles, including his treatise, American Constitutional Law, cited more than any other legal text since 1950. Former Solicitor General Erwin Griswold wrote: “[N]o book, and no lawyer not on the [Supreme] Court, has ever had a greater influence on the development of American constitutional law,” and the Northwestern Law Review opined that no-one else “in American history has… simultaneously achieved Tribe’s preeminence… as a practitioner and… scholar of constitutional law.”

So no, I don't just watch the evening talking heads and that's all I do. I'm here with you lot. And of course, I would love it if there were conservatives who are currently worth listening to - okay, I like Shep Smith as well. Very much. He's intelligent, insightful, knows to stick with the facts and not reach conclusions or extrapolate without the facts to back him.

So you are just a big fan of gays in the media?

Congratulations to Ms. Maddow on her great ratings.

I never watch MSNBC or CNN, lest I be exposed to their irrational contempt for President Trump.

But I realize that commentators such as Ms. Maddow offer comfort and hope to progressives.

I am forced to watch only FOX NEWS, which I would leave in a New York minute if there were a viable alternative.

Yes, she needs to be congratulated for beating Hannity one time in about the last couple of years.

3FBC8BA2-0DFB-438E-8DCC-987FCF24BD76.png http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/rachel-maddow-had-3-of-the-top-10-cable-shows-last-week/358949

Her Wednesday, Feb. 28 broadcast posted 3.29 million total viewers, No. 4 across all of basic cable. Her Thurs., March 1 broadcast posted 3.15 million total viewers, No. 6 across all of basic cable, and the Monday, Feb.26 broadcast posted 3.03 million total viewers, No. 8 across all of basic cable.

Tucker Carlson Tonight was FNC’s lone entry into the basic cable top 10 among total viewers, with the Monday telecast of TCT coming in at No. 7 (3.06 million viewers).

That whole being told what to think bit doesn't make any sense to me. I would think the point of critical thinking is to listen and hear, and then reach a conclusion based on ALL the information one takes in.

It also seems to me a fair number of people are saying what these shows allegedly do, without ever having watched them.

Rather than talking about critical thinking, perhaps you could engage in it, instead.

Your taking such a blatantly obvious partisan hack like Maddow and propping her up as if she were some font of all things truthful is as silly and childish as if a right winger were to make the same claims about Rush.

You know, child, it isn't just what your favorite partisan hacks tell you that is revealing, but what they don't.

0079F93A-8694-4B4C-86CA-3837A8D343A2.jpeg
One of the Republicans I follow.

Is his TV Show only on Thursdays?

I wouldn't know, I have never seen a single solitary second.

Has he ever been in the top twenty of all TV shows on a given night? Doubtful. I'll wait patiently for you to prove me wrong, though.
i tried watching her once ....she was just to annoying for me....hannity is the same old shit,O'Riley lectured, o'donnel is a jerk....if it wasnt for greg gutfelds show on sat i would not watch any kind of political show at all....

She's my favorite, followed immediately by Chris Hayes and Lawrence O'Donnell. Sorry she's not your cup of tea, she certainly works hard to not only get all the information, but make it easy for the average watcher to understand.
Maddow is well researched for every show. She explains complex issues in understandable ways

She does get a bit long winded .......get to the point Rachael
She also has a tendency for goofy looking facial expressions
basically she is annoying....

Witchit said:
She's my favorite, followed immediately by Chris Hayes and Lawrence O'Donnell. Sorry she's not your cup of tea, she certainly works hard
[...]
Maddow is well researched for every show. She explains complex issues in understandable ways
[...]
But she also has one of those smiles where you pretty much have no choice but to smile back.
Wow. You say you're looking for a moderate Republican?

Witchit said:
She's my favorite, followed immediately by Chris Hayes and Lawrence O'Donnell. Sorry she's not your cup of tea, she certainly works hard to not only get all the information, but make it easy for the average watcher to understand.
[...]
[...]
But she also has one of those smiles where you pretty much have no choice but to smile back.
Wow. You say you're looking for a moderate Republican?

She's looking for a 12-pack...of donuts! :abgg2q.jpg:

Forum List

Back