What Were Your Family Doing During The War?

SeaPony

Rookie
Jun 18, 2015
What were your family doing during the war (WWII) Fighting? Where did they live?

What did they contribute to the war?

My dad was with the VII Corps as a Medic.

My Mom was still in HS.

Did anyone in your family die during the war?

I know about 10 people who died in my family, half of them due to the blitz.

My father was in the US Army as a infantry man.

He was in N Africa, the invasion of Sicily, then fought in Italy with the 10th Mountain Division until the end of the war.

He was awarded the Bronze Star with attached V and a Purple Heart.

My uncle was a US Marine in the Pacific.

He fought on Iwo Jima and several other island campaigns.

Until the day he died, my uncle intensely disliked the Japanese, and referred to them as, "Son's of Tojo".

My uncle was a US Marine in the Pacific.

He fought on Iwo Jima and several other island campaigns.

Until the day he died, my uncle intensely disliked the Japanese, and referred to them as, "Son's of Tojo".
I wonder if your Uncle hated rice as much as my dad did?

I really don't know.

But my father HATED canned Spam from his time in the Army.

If my mother had ever tried to serve the family spam for dinner.......I think he would have divorced her. .... :lol:

I really don't know.

If my mother had ever tried to serve the family spam for dinner.......I think he would have divorced her. .... :lol:
I need to write an OP on the fact I think America can work with the Sunni and SHOULD be killing the Shite.{sp?}
Those SOB's need to go.

WWII Was the deadliest war in human history. What do you think WWIII is gonna be like?
Hopefully a ton of depopulation followed by a one world government.

I really don't know.

I need to write an OP on the fact I think America can work with the Sunni and SHOULD be killing the Shite.{sp?}
Those SOB's need to go.
Shits*

One uncle in Africa and Italy. Another was in the Battle of the Bulge. Grandpa was exempt, farmer with 4 kids.

Grandfather, landed at Normandy D-day. Got shot in the elbow. To the day he died could spin his forearm almost 360 degrees.

WWII Was the deadliest war in human history. What do you think WWIII is gonna be like?
Hopefully a ton of depopulation followed by a one world government.
With a little luck you'll miss the cut.

My grandfather was a pilot with the 10th Air Force in China and a couple of uncles (and great uncles) in Europe, the Pacific and the Washington Command Post.
Half of my best friend's family were flying B52s bombing the other half of his family in Germany.

Both my parents were kids...but my grandpa was block captain for the Civil Patrol...my dad tells that because of that, they were the first one's in their neighborhood with a phone.

Dad - army Europe
Uncle - army Pacific
Uncle - navy stateside
None killed or injured.

Good buddy's dad fought at Guadalcanal in the Americal Division. Won bronze star...was nearly killed several times and killed many Japanese...some in hand to hand combat. Witnessed horrors no 19 year old should ever see.

All because FDR wanted his war to protect Stalin and help the stupid Brits, enrich his class, stay in power, and silence dissent at home after a decade of only making the economy worse with his elementary school economic plan.

One grandfather in the Army, the other was too old for service...he and grandma were in Sacramento California working in fish cannery...and construction projects along with farming.....

Forum List

Back