What's next on the table for "progress"ive narrative?

TheDude

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2016
U.S.A. gone wild
I'm not sorry libs., but Comey failed to help your cause for removing Trump. If anything, Comey looked foolish, pompous, weak, inconsistent, nuts and butthurt over losing his job. Course many of us knew this going in.

So what's next? I realize there are on-going investigations into nothing, for hopes to "prove" Trump is a Russian spy. That's not going to pan out either. It's a waste of time, dollars, and really national security. At the end of the day it's simply motivated by politics, the Democrats have lost their minds, while liberals embrace the narratives anyhow.

Huh? He called trump a liar and exposed him to obstruction charges .

I'm not sorry libs., but Comey failed to help your cause for removing Trump. If anything, Comey looked foolish, pompous, weak, inconsistent, nuts and butthurt over losing his job. Course many of us knew this going in.

So what's next? I realize there are on-going investigations into nothing, for hopes to "prove" Trump is a Russian spy. That's not going to pan out either. It's a waste of time, dollars, and really national security. At the end of the day it's simply motivated by politics, the Democrats have lost their minds, while liberals embrace the narratives anyhow.

What is next? Let me tell you------> The Obama Administration being investigated. It is already in the works. You see, while all of this was going on, Trump put about 200 judges in place, along with his Supreme Court nominee. By the time the left realizes what has actually happened while they chase fantasies, they are going to be DOA.

Oh sure, the 9th will still be the 9th, and a few others are going to be like they were, but watch what happens by about December. If you think the left is having conniptions now, you ain't seen nothin yet!

/---- As we speak: Libs pressing suit because foreign dignitaries stay at Trump hotels.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Because he and Trump disagree over who called who? That's your big lie?

Listen, Timmy...I hate to break this to you but Comey would be the first to tell you that you can't bring obstruction charges against someone for "hoping" that something happens! This whole thing has been farce at it's finest!

Listen, Timmy...I hate to break this to you but Comey would be the first to tell you that you can't bring obstruction charges against someone for "hoping" that something happens! This whole thing has been farce at it's finest!
You are right, you can't bring charges for "hoping". But after Trump FIRED Comey for not making his dreams come true, well he opened himself up... the firing turned a hopeful request into a demand with consequences that were acted upon. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out

You are right, you can't bring charges for "hoping". But after Trump FIRED Comey for not making his dreams come true, well he opened himself up... the firing turned a hopeful request into a demand with consequences that were acted upon. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out
/----- If the old Hag had won, she would have fired Comey on day one and you'd still be screeching praise for her insight and strength.

With all due respect, Slade...it's not like Comey was such a great FBI Director that it's inconceivable that anyone would fire him! Liberals hated his guts...conservatives hated his guts...he described himself as being "timid"...the only question I have is why didn't Obama fire Comey back when he was President?

Huh? The big lie was Trump calling the FBI in disarray and badly manged. Huh? He doesn't have the right to an opinion that differs from Comey? Huh? That's the best you have? Huh? Makes you look pretty goddamn stupid huh.

Huh? The big lie was Trump calling the FBI in disarray and badly manged. Huh? He doesn't have the right to an opinion that differs from Comey? Huh? That's the best you have? Huh? Makes you look pretty goddamn stupid huh.

For Comey to sit there in front of that committee and claim that the rank and file of the FBI thought he was a great Director and therefore Trump is a liar when he claimed that the FBI was in disarray is self serving pap! There have been stories coming out about discontent among the rank and file at the FBI for years now about how investigations were being handled.

With all due respect, Slade...it's not like Comey was such a great FBI Director that it's inconceivable that anyone would fire him! Liberals hated his guts...conservatives hated his guts...he described himself as being "timid"...the only question I have is why didn't Obama fire Comey back when he was President?
Everybody loved Comey until he did what he did during the election. He pissed off both sides which can help his case of being an objective non-partisan. However, he did step way beyond the boundaries of what a FBI director typically does. He had his reasons and many alsobhabe reason to object to what he did. It would have been justified for Trump to fire him when he took office.

The issue here really has nothing to do with Comey, it has to do with the fact Trump asked Comey to back off investigating trump campaign officials and when Comey didn't, Trump fired him.

Everybody loved Comey until he did what he did during the election. He pissed off both sides which can help his case of being an objective non-partisan. However, he did step way beyond the boundaries of what a FBI director typically does. He had his reasons and many alsobhabe reason to object to what he did. It would have been justified for Trump to fire him when he took office.

The issue here really has nothing to do with Comey, it has to do with the fact Trump asked Comey to back off investigating trump campaign officials and when Comey didn't, Trump fired him.

Did you miss the part of Comey's testimony where he stated that Trump actually encouraged him to investigate his "satellites", Slade? That blows your contention that Trump fired Comey to stop any investigations right out of the water!

Did you miss the part of Comey's testimony where he stated that Trump actually encouraged him to investigate his "satellites", Slade? That blows your contention that Trump fired Comey to stop any investigations right out of the water!
Comey also said that he believed that Trump fired him because of how he handled the Russia situation? On top of that it was reported that Trump told the Russians that firing Comey will ease tensions about the Russia investigation.

How can you make a case that Trump did not have the intent of cooling down the Russia investigation by firing Comey??
It is obvious.

Comey also said that he believed that Trump fired him because of how he handled the Russia situation? On top of that it was reported that Trump told the Russians that firing Comey will ease tensions about the Russia investigation.

How can you make a case that Trump did not have the intent of cooling down the Russia investigation by firing Comey??
It is obvious.

With all due respect, Slade...would you expect Comey to say that he thought he was fired because he wasn't a good Director and the FBI's reputation was tarnished?

Did the Russian investigation by the FBI stop because Comey was fired? The number two at the FBI testified that investigation would continue. What's obvious is that Trump fired Comey because he'd lost confidence in him to do the job. Again...my question to you is why Obama didn't arrive at that same conclusion a long time ago?

It is obvious.

With all due respect, Slade...would you expect Comey to say that he thought he was fired because he wasn't a good Director and the FBI's reputation was tarnished?

Did the Russian investigation by the FBI stop because Comey was fired? The number two at the FBI testified that investigation would continue. What's obvious is that Trump fired Comey because he'd lost confidence in him to do the job. Again...my question to you is why Obama didn't arrive at that same conclusion a long time ago?
The actual effects the firing had on the investigation are not relevant to the obstruction/abuse of power claims. The message of, obey the presidents wishes or be fired was sent to all who remained involved in the investigation, that intimidation may or may not effect the investigators but what is important is the intent of the Presidents actions. If he didn't want Comey looking into Flynn and Comey continued to look into Flynn resulting in Trump firing him mid-investigation, well that makes Trumps intent pretty suspicious. After Trump made reported statements confirming that he fired Comey because of the Russia investigation in an attempt to ease pressure, that is more fuel on the fire.

It is obvious.

The actual effects the firing had on the investigation are not relevant to the obstruction/abuse of power claims. The message of, obey the presidents wishes or be fired was sent to all who remained involved in the investigation, that intimidation may or may not effect the investigators but what is important is the intent of the Presidents actions. If he didn't want Comey looking into Flynn and Comey continued to look into Flynn resulting in Trump firing him mid-investigation, well that makes Trumps intent pretty suspicious. After Trump made reported statements confirming that he fired Comey because of the Russia investigation in an attempt to ease pressure, that is more fuel on the fire.

You say that, Slade but if that's the case then why did Comey testify that Trump ENCOURAGED him to investigate the Russian collusion thing even if it involved his satellites!

So did Trump fire Comey because he was looking into the Russian collusion thing (which makes no sense at all after telling Comey that he was fine with an investigation!) or did Trump fire Comey because the FBI Director refused to state to the public that Trump was not being investigated? Or did Trump fire Comey because he figured out that Comey was one of the people leaking confidential information to the media? Or did Trump fire Comey because...to use Comey's own description...the head of the FBI was "timid"? Or did Trump fire Comey because the FBI's reputation had been tarnished throughout Comey's stint there?

You on the left are only willing to see ONE reason for why Comey was fired by Trump...when in reality there are a LOT of reasons why James Comey could have been fired by Obama...by Trump...or even by Clinton had she won!

Forum List

Back