What's Worse: Racist Statements/Views or Racist Policies?

What's Worse: Racist Statements/Views or Racist Policies?

• Racist Statements/Views are the worst

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a confused and clueless individual, so I don't know

• I'm a hard RWer (or a self-professed "Libertarian"), so I don't care

• Total voters
Damn....that's a string of about 15 major bullshit assumptions in a row. Clearly, I do not in any way condone this asshole's words. But keep it in perspective. No one died. No one has been physically harmed. There will be serious consequences for his words...as there should be....but keep it in perspective. That is my only point.

I was actually speaking more to the OP. Sterlings comments are just a manifestation of racist words and policies that date back to the founding of this country. Taken by themselves with no history preceding it everyone would just be baffled. There are some people having deep pain over those words because of what has preceded them. My neighbor who is white came over to me today in tears apologizing over it. I told her it was not her fault but thanked her for her words which help to comfort me in some strange way.

I have had plenty of black folks call me racist names or use racist language. History doesn't have a damn thing to do with it. None of us has ever known slavery. They did not know my personal history nor did I know theirs.

It is your right to allow someone's words to control you. Those that have used racial slurs against me meant nothing. They are bigoted idiots. That was and is the only take away.

Your neighbor clearly is well intended....but she did not use that language. What the hell does she have to apologize for? And why would racist words hurt you more than me? Would that be because our skin color is different? Please explain the logic.

This is where history comes in and racist policies. You nor your ancestors were ever placed at the bottom of the social ladder due to racism. Racism is going to have a much less negative effect on your self esteem than someone that historically has been placed at the bottom of the ladder for generations and told repeatedly they were worthless. Ask any psychology major and they can explain it to you.

I told my neighbor the same thing. She just felt guilty for some reason. I told her she was a good person but the best thing she could do is make sure that hate is not taught to anyone she knows.

You know, although MarcATL and I generally disagree politically....I think he's a good guy. But this is a racial trolling thread....nothing more. The entire race issue is so utterly tired and played out.

But the idea of racial grievance in inculcated in much of the black community from birth. It becomes a major part of identity. It causes enormous damage. All it takes is one 80 year old bigot's remarks to fan the flames of grievance for the 8,000,000th time. The reality is his remarks have nothing to do with you or your life. Nothing. They represent the views of one old, ignorant, bigot.

Hope this helps. :)

You are way off base but like most people that think like you the truth will never scratch the surface of your awareness.

I was actually speaking more to the OP. Sterlings comments are just a manifestation of racist words and policies that date back to the founding of this country. Taken by themselves with no history preceding it everyone would just be baffled. There are some people having deep pain over those words because of what has preceded them. My neighbor who is white came over to me today in tears apologizing over it. I told her it was not her fault but thanked her for her words which help to comfort me in some strange way.

I have had plenty of black folks call me racist names or use racist language. History doesn't have a damn thing to do with it. None of us has ever known slavery. They did not know my personal history nor did I know theirs.

It is your right to allow someone's words to control you. Those that have used racial slurs against me meant nothing. They are bigoted idiots. That was and is the only take away.

Your neighbor clearly is well intended....but she did not use that language. What the hell does she have to apologize for? And why would racist words hurt you more than me? Would that be because our skin color is different? Please explain the logic.

This is where history comes in and racist policies. You nor your ancestors were ever placed at the bottom of the social ladder due to racism. Racism is going to have a much less negative effect on your self esteem than someone that historically has been placed at the bottom of the ladder for generations and told repeatedly they were worthless. Ask any psychology major and they can explain it to you.

I told my neighbor the same thing. She just felt guilty for some reason. I told her she was a good person but the best thing she could do is make sure that hate is not taught to anyone she knows.

You don't know a damn thing about my ancestors. WTF? My ancestors were enslaved for almost a 1,000 years....and I have just as much personal experience with slavery as you do.

NONE.

Now assuming you know my history or ancestors really is offensive. Are you really so ignorant as to think only black in America were ever slaves? Really? Now that is powerfully stupid.

Corn-fed marks and oreos.

That's what it comes down to.

I loved a ****** 40 years ago, and he loved me.

I was his white marked bullet. He was my white ******.

And we were both cool with that.

You fuckers got no clue.

You don't know a damn thing about my ancestors. WTF? My ancestors were enslaved for almost a 1,000 years....and I have just as much personal experience with slavery as you do.

NONE.

Now assuming you know my history or ancestors really is offensive. Are you really so ignorant as to think only black in America were ever slaves? Really? Now that is powerfully stupid.

Who were your ancestors? Thats odd because the US has not been around for 1000 years.

Please provide me with the people that were enslaved in the US for more than a generation. Maybe you can teach me something new.

NONE.

Who were your ancestors? Thats odd because the US has not been around for 1000 years.

Please provide me with the people that were enslaved in the US for more than a generation. Maybe you can teach me something new.

Yeah...the only slaves in human history were in America. Thanks for your concern.

NONE.

Yeah...the only slaves in human history were in America. Thanks for your concern.

That sounds like a deflection. Are you going to tell me?

What's more damaging, Racist Statements/Views or Racist Policies?

interesting

I went with policies b/c it's cancerous and has infected all levels of government.

seriously, how would you like to be trapped in your home by a fire, see a bunch of minorities coming to save you, all the while knowing they might not be the best guys coming b/c they may have gotten their positions based only on the color of their skin.

peoples live are put in danger in order to achieve a lame level of fair.

now speech, from the wrong person, from a protected class and lead to an innocent mans life being ruined, all on his say.

Hard to decide.

Racist policies like affirmative action, open immigration, denial of freedom of speech and association, etc. hurt whites.

But support of those things is also hurtful to whites, because it shows how much you hate them.

In the context you are referring too?

None of that is racist.

it is to a white supremacist who named himself after a Nazi

Well no. Words are not just words. You are correct about policy though.

I don't give a fuck about the ramblings of an 80 year old bigot. His words should not hurt anyone. The guy is an asshole. End of story. He will get some very negative consequences for his words...which he should.

I don't waste my time or energy on morons....and I refuse to allow their words to influence my thoughts or emotions.

Thats precisely the point. You have already been desensitised by his sentiments. Next you will be saying its not that bad. After that you will accept it as natural. Next thing you know you are calling someone the n word and getting your teeth knocked down your throat. Then you start saying you were involved in the knockout game but not telling anyone you used the n word. Words can hurt you. If you think beyond the next thought and follow the path you can see how destructive and how intertwined with racist polices words are.
*spits juice out nostrils*

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

That was damn funny.

True...but damn funny.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats precisely the point. You have already been desensitised by his sentiments. Next you will be saying its not that bad. After that you will accept it as natural. Next thing you know you are calling someone the n word and getting your teeth knocked down your throat. Then you start saying you were involved in the knockout game but not telling anyone you used the n word. Words can hurt you. If you think beyond the next thought and follow the path you can see how destructive and how intertwined with racist polices words are.

Damn....that's a string of about 15 major bullshit assumptions in a row. Clearly, I do not in any way condone this asshole's words. But keep it in perspective. No one died. No one has been physically harmed. There will be serious consequences for his words...as there should be....but keep it in perspective. That is my only point.

That's the long and short of it. You said it better than I could.

:clap2:

People should only be allowed to think, speak and act on pure, State-approved thoughts, it's the only way to ensure equality and that no one is ever offended

Hard to decide.

Racist policies like affirmative action, open immigration, denial of freedom of speech and association, etc. hurt whites.

But support of those things is also hurtful to whites, because it shows how much you hate them.

Ahhhhh another self entitled white victim :eusa_boohoo:

Forum List

Back