When do they change the name of the city?

Auld Phart

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2013

When does the idiocy stop?

What was new york city named after ?

Why is it such a problem for you Will ?

I see no problem. I don't think the city was ever named after him anyways.

Soon we will have the country's capital named Floyd, in the District of Floyd featuring two Floyd memorials. Oh yeah, and a Floyd state on the other neck of the woods.

Why is it such a problem for you Will ?

Hometown

The idiocy ends when folks of good conscience, en masse force change.

Name it whatever the fuck you want.

• Disagree
    What do you have a beef with, hafty?
Reactions: WillHaftawaite

Nothing wrong with the name Columbus.

Been the name for 208 years, and the capital for 204 years.

no logical reason to change it.

PC stupidity

Those Antisemitic bastards.

Mark 14:27
“You will all fall away,” Jesus told them, “for it is written: “‘I will strike the shepherd, and the sheep will be scattered.’

John 10:14
“I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me

Matthew 2:2

and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.”

The Idiots will never stop whining. They will always find a new Victim Card to play. They believe they are SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIORS...........

Everyone else think they are Morons.

It never stops

the snowflakes rioting in the streets are brain damaged and will never get better

What was new york city named after ?

New York, both the city and the state, is named after the house of York and particularly for James Stuart, then Duke of York, one of the most successful slavers in colonial American history. The Duke of York, King James II of England, created Britain’s greatest slave empire known as the Royal African Company, which transported between 90,000 and 100,000 African slaves to the Caribbean and American colonies between 1672 and 1689

They should go back to New Amsterdam...

Like it or not, many names WILL be changed during the coming decades.

Here in Los Angeles, for example, some street names have already been changed -- sort of!

It seems that the city's fathers (and mothers!) are afraid to go too far. Yet they want to show how woke they are.

Sunset Blvd., for example, is an iconic street here. Some years back, the bigwigs decided to change part of it to Cesar Chavez Blvd. (in honor of the farmworkers' leader). But only the part that runs through a predominately Hispanic section. That seems very patronizing to me!

No doubt in the coming years, "Sunset" will disappear, and "Chavez" will be its name all the way to the Pacific Ocean.

And a section of another street a few years ago was renamed to honor President Obama. Because of the recent Insurrection, I would not be surprised if the bigwigs are pressured to name the entire street for the former President.

I do believe that Washington, D.C. will be renamed sometime before the end of this century. And if the radicals get control of the government, I would expect them to even raze Mt. Vernon. (During the Civil War, both sides respected that site.)

The coming new majority contains a lot of really angry people!

PC stupidity
Nope. Mod stupidity. You get the last word on USMB. Use it and prove me right.

Forum List

Back