When Do You Take Your Christmas Decorations Down?

When Do You Take Your Christmas Decorations Down?

• The day after Christmas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Years Day

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • January 2

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Sometime in the month of January

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • February

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don't decorate for Christmas

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
... is this when you always took them down, even when growing up?

When is too early?
When is too late?

Wife started about 8am.

Growing up, the family took down the tree/decorations New Years Eve, so it would be done before the new year

Since my decs are outside lights, I never take them down. I just set the timer to start when it feels right, and increase the time they're on until they work their sympathetic magic to bring the sunlight back, which just happened a few minutes ago. I'll keep them running a while just because they amuse the local urchins, then I'll just switch 'em off.

One year the squirrels took revenge on my chasing them away from the bird feeders, and they chewed through the Xmas light wires, and they deliberately did it right next to a bulb where I couldn't solder it back together. Bastards.

Growing up I was always in charge of the lights. I'd put em up (inside lights in that case) about a week into December. I never took them down. Somebody else had to do that because if it were up to me they'd never come down.

Wife started about 8am.

Growing up, the family took down the tree/decorations New Years Eve, so it would be done before the new year

My ex husband always demanded they be taken down December 26th, citing that it would never be farther away from Christmas... bah! No more!

January 7th.

December 25th-January 5th are the 12 days of Christmas. January 6th is Three Kings Day. After that the MidWinter Holidays are over.

First time ever putting up lights this year.

I'll take them down first day that isn't too cold or snowing after the 1st.

th

Depends where the decorations are hanging.

*****CHUCKLE*****

th

Took a ride around the area last night at peak decoration time, to see the various and sundry splashes various and sundry people have come up with. Saw some houses I never even knew were there before.

None of them were up to this level but this thread is just asking for this video.........

The Twelfth Night (January 5) is widely considered to be the last day of the Christmas festivities (eve of the Epiphany).

Forum List

Back