When GOP/Democrats agreed...

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Now this was what got a Democrat audience approval of 76%...

"There is a problem in Washington, and the problem is bigger than a continuing resolution.
It’s bigger than Obamacare.
It’s even bigger than the budget.
The most fundamental problem, the frustration, is that the men and women in Washington aren’t listening.
You talk to the man or woman on the street, that’s the message you hear over and over again. “Why don’t they listen to me? Why don’t they hear what we have to say?”
They aren’t listening to the millions of people–democrats, republicans, independents, libertarians across the spectrum who say our elected officials, they get to Washington,
and they stop listening to the people. "

This is remarkable, and this is what 2014 is going to be about. who’s listening and learning from the American people…
and I’ll tell you something…2016 may be part of that as well.
Ted Cruz had the best soundbite of the year.

The Best Political Soundbite of 2013

So there is NO surprise that at least the message that Washington doesn't pay attention ?

Government by the people for the people is an obsolete saying when talking about the US Government.

Democrats listened to Bush. Course, they were lied to.

You really want to go there? Really?
Want to get into the considerable amount of lies Obama has be caught in? They far out number the lies that Bush got caught in.

Now this was what got a Democrat audience approval of 76%...

"There is a problem in Washington, and the problem is bigger than a continuing resolution.
It’s bigger than Obamacare.
It’s even bigger than the budget.
The most fundamental problem, the frustration, is that the men and women in Washington aren’t listening.
You talk to the man or woman on the street, that’s the message you hear over and over again. “Why don’t they listen to me? Why don’t they hear what we have to say?”
They aren’t listening to the millions of people–democrats, republicans, independents, libertarians across the spectrum who say our elected officials, they get to Washington,
and they stop listening to the people. "

This is remarkable, and this is what 2014 is going to be about. who’s listening and learning from the American people…
and I’ll tell you something…2016 may be part of that as well.
Ted Cruz had the best soundbite of the year.

The Best Political Soundbite of 2013

2014 will be about what has been going on since 2000 when Karl Rove and Tim Griffin fixed Florida for Bush. Either the voting system will be tampered with by big money or big money courtesy of the Citizens United ruling will determine what happens in mid-terms and national elections.

("Follow the money", "Deep Throat" said to Bob Woodard after the Watergate break in. Always follow the money.)

The fix has been in for a long time. Yes, Obama definitely did the time on the road to win but he had the Chicago machine behind him. Not the Kansas City machine, or the Portland, Oregon machine. They don't have any money.

Last edited:

Want to get into the considerable amount of lies Obama has be caught in? They far out number the lies that Bush got caught in.

Think so?

Try this link: List Of George W. Bush Lies
Each of these items below are links to the specific lie he told. So check it out and then get back to us. Or else provide a similar list for Obama.

1) Bush Exaggerates, Misinforms and Misleads 24 Times in One Debate!

2) Bush Exaggerates, Misinforms, Lies 15 Times in One Debate

3) Bush Comes Through With Bushisms

4) 25 Bush Flubs in the Second Debate

5) Gore Wins Debate on Coherence and Facts

6) Bush Watchers Report In ...

7) Bush and Cheney self-made men? They've got to be kidding

8) Smear of Gore can't hide Bush's fuzzy numbers

9) That's three arrests for Bush

10) Gore Went to 'Nam; Bush Went AWOL

11) Election 2000 Dissent

12) Top 10 Lies of Election 2000

13) The dishonest case for war on Iraq

14) Questions That Won't Be Asked About IRAQ

15) 20 Lies About the Iraq War

16) Bush's New War Lies

17) Top Ten Bush Lies

18) The Two Most Essential, Abhorrent, Intolerable
Lies Of George W. Bush's Memoir

19) The True Lies of George W. Bush

20) The Twenty Lies of George W. Bush

21) The 935 lies of George W. Bush

22) The Other Lies of George Bush

23) The Two Biggest Lies of George W. Bush

24) The Lies of George W. Bush :
Mastering the Politics of Deception

25) Yes He Would

26) Facing Tough Questions, Bush Defends War

27) Five Questions Bush Must Answer

28) Bush administration on Iraq 9/11

29) Bush rejects Saddam 9/11 link

30) Bush Lies, Media Swallows

31) Did Bush lie under oath in funeral home case?

32) Key Bush Intelligence Briefing Kept From Hill Panel

33) Iraq had no WMD: the final verdict

34) Bush Misled America about the Threat from Iraq

35) Bush Lies - Richard's Reflections

36) Lies, Fraud and Deception to Promote War in Iraq

37) Bush Lied to the American People about 9/11 Terrorists' Motives

38) Motives for 9/11 Terrorist Attacks

39) Did Bush Lie Us into War?

Last edited:
I just watched hours and hours of debate in the Senate for the extension of the unemployment benefits. Democrats were for the extension, Republicans were against it - straight down party lines. The Republicans wouldn't vote for it because it was not paid for even though no other unemployment benefit extension had been, even the multiple times under Bush. So Democrats found a way to pay for it. Then Republicans said they would not vote for it because amendments were not allowed. So the Democrats gave in and allowed for 5 amendments from each side. Both sides submitted one amendment. Then Republicans proceeded to vote against the unemployment benefit extension straight down the party line, except one.

You might notice that the news agency you cite is Fox. This was published by Reuters this morning, "Despite pressure from the administration, Democrats and Republicans in the U.S. Senate rejected one another's proposals on Monday. While they vowed to keep working to find middle ground, a compromise appears unlikely before next week's Senate recess." Which is a complete misrepresentation of what happened. There is one party that is not willing to work with the other.

Obama to push manufacturing, economic agenda in North Carolina | Reuters

Government by the people for the people is an obsolete saying when talking about the US Government.

true, but the people in this country has to shoulder some of the blame
they have become complacent in overseeing their elected people in government...so now they have become our MASTERS

Think so?

Try this link: List Of George W. Bush Lies
Each of these items below are links to the specific lie he told. So check it out and then get back to us. Or else provide a similar list for Obama.
?

252 Examples of Obama’s Lies, Lawbreaking & Corruption:
252 Examples of Obama?s Lies, Lawbreaking & Corruption | FrontPage Magazine

Some Examples;
Carried out military interventionism in Libya without Congressional approval
Gave a no-bid contract to Halliburton – just like Bush did
Has close ties to Wall St., but pretends to support Occupy Wall St.
Broke his promise to close Guantanamo Bay
Has an administration full of lobbyists, after promising he wouldn’t have any
Supported the $700 billion TARP corporate-welfare bailout just like Bush
Waged the biggest war against medical marijuana of any president, which was the opposite of what he had promised
Gave tax dollars to AIG executives, then pretended to be outraged about it
Supported Bush’s unconstitutional Patriot Act

if you have a problem with that site try:
All False statements involving Barack Obama | PolitiFact
All False statements involving Barack Obama
"I didn't raise taxes once."
"We've excluded lobbyists from policy making jobs."
"I have not said that I was a single-payer supporter."
"We import more oil today than ever before."

then there is:
A List Of 23 Famous Obama Quotes That Turned Out To Be Broken Promises Or Cold-Hearted Lies
Read more at A List Of 23 Famous Obama Quotes That Turned Out To Be Broken Promises Or Cold-Hearted Lies - Freedom Outpost | Freedom Outpost

#1 “If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what.”

#2 “My administration is committed to creating an unprecedented level of openness in government.”

#3 “We agree on reforms that will finally reduce the costs of health care. Families will save on their premiums…”

#4 “I don’t want to pit Red America against Blue America. I want to be the president
 of the United States of America.”

#5 “We’ve got shovel-ready projects all across the country that governors and mayors are pleading to fund. And the minute we can get those investments to the state level, jobs are going to be created.”

#6 “And we will pursue the housing plan I’m outlining today. And through this plan, we will help between 7 and 9 million families restructure or refinance their mortgages so they can afford—avoid foreclosure.”

#7 “I will sign a universal health-care bill into law by the end of my first term as president that will cover every American and cut the cost of a typical family’s premium by up to $2,500 a year.”

#8 “We reject the use of national security letters to spy on citizens who are not suspected of a crime.”

#9 “For people with insurance, the only impact of the health-care law is that their insurance is stronger, better, and more secure than it was before. Full stop. That’s it. They don’t have to worry about anything else.”

#10 “We will close the detention camp in Guantanamo Bay, the location of so many of the worst constitutional abuses in recent years.”

#11 “Allow Americans to buy their medicines from other developed countries if the drugs are safe and prices are lower outside the U.S.”

#12 “We will revisit the Patriot Act and overturn unconstitutional executive decisions issued during the past eight years.”

#13 “Will ensure that federal contracts over $25,000 are competitively bid.”

#14 “We reject sweeping claims of ‘inherent’ presidential power.”

#15 “Will eliminate all income taxation of seniors making less than $50,000 per year. This will eliminate taxes for 7 million seniors — saving them an average of $1,400 a year– and will also mean that 27 million seniors will not need to file an income tax return at all.”

#16 “We support constitutional protections and judicial oversight on any surveillance program involving Americans.”

#17 “If we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home, we will end this war. You can take that to the bank.”

#18 “Will not sign any non-emergency bill without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House website for five days.”

#19 “The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation.”

#20 “We have a choice in this country. We can accept a politics that breeds division and conflict and cynicism…. That is one option. Or, at this moment, in this election, we can come together and say, ‘Not this time….’”

#21 “We’ve got to spend some money now to pull us out of this recession. But as soon as we’re out of this recession, we’ve got to get serious about starting to live within our means, instead of leaving debt for our children and our grandchildren and our great-grandchildren.”

#22 “[T]oday I’m pledging to cut the deficit we inherited in half by the end of my first term in office. This will not be easy. It will require us to make difficult decisions and face challenges we’ve long neglected. But I refuse to leave our children with a debt that they cannot repay – and that means taking responsibility right now, in this administration, for getting our spending under control.”

#23 “I, Barack Hussein Obama, do solemnly swear that I will execute the office of president of the United States faithfully, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the constitution of the United States.

If you are alluding to IRAQ....Then they were lied to by these Democrats!!!

32 democrat quotes indicate even before GWB that Saddam was a threat!

"..deny Iraq the capacity to develop WMD".Bill Clinton,1998
"..most brutal dictators of Century", Biden,1998
"Iraq compliance with Resolution 687 becomes shell game"..Daschle 1998
"He will use those WMDs again,as he has ten times since 1983" ..Berger Clinton Ntl. Secur. Advr 1998
"posed by Iraq's refusal to end its WMD programs" Levin 1998
"Saddam has been engaged in development of WMDs which is a threat.."Pelosi 1998 WHERE'D SHE GET THIS INFORMATION BEFORE BUSH?
"Hussein has chosen to spend his money on building WMDS.."Albright 1999
"Saddam to refine delivery systems, that will threaten the US..."Graham 2001
"Saddam has ignored the mandate of the UN and is building WMDs and the means to deliver.." Levin 2002
"Iraq's search for WMDs ...will continue as long as Saddam's in power"..Gore 2002
"Saddam retains stockpiles of WMDS.."Byrd 2002
"..give President authority to use force..to disarm Saddam because an arsenal of WMDs..threat our security"..Kerry 2002
"..Unmistakable evidence Saddam developing nuclear weapons next 5 years.."Rockefeller 2002
"Violated over 11 years every UN resolution demanding disarming WMDs.."Waxman 2002
"He's given aid,comfort & sanctuary to al Qaeda members..and keep developing WMDs"..Hillary 2002
"Compelling evidence Saddam has WMDs production storage capacity.." Graham 2002
"Without a question, we need to disarm Saddam. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime .... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction .... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real ...."Kerry , Jan. 23. 2003.

I just watched hours and hours of debate in the Senate for the extension of the unemployment benefits. Democrats were for the extension, Republicans were against it - straight down party lines. The Republicans wouldn't vote for it because it was not paid for even though no other unemployment benefit extension had been, even the multiple times under Bush. So Democrats found a way to pay for it. Then Republicans said they would not vote for it because amendments were not allowed. So the Democrats gave in and allowed for 5 amendments from each side. Both sides submitted one amendment. Then Republicans proceeded to vote against the unemployment benefit extension straight down the party line, except one.

You might notice that the news agency you cite is Fox. This was published by Reuters this morning, "Despite pressure from the administration, Democrats and Republicans in the U.S. Senate rejected one another's proposals on Monday. While they vowed to keep working to find middle ground, a compromise appears unlikely before next week's Senate recess." Which is a complete misrepresentation of what happened. There is one party that is not willing to work with the other.

Obama to push manufacturing, economic agenda in North Carolina | Reuters

You know you are right!
GOP are against continued unemployment checks WHEN the administration is in FAVOR of destroying jobs.

Also, are you aware of WHO actually pays the unemployment checks? YOU and countless uninformed people think the government does.
Where does the government get the money to pay the checks?
IT IS CALLED Federal Unemployment Tax
The Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA), with state unemployment systems, provides for payments of unemployment compensation to workers who have lost their jobs. Most employers pay both a Federal and a state unemployment tax.
Only the employer pays FUTA tax; it is not deducted from the employee's wages. For more information, refer to the Instructions for Form 940 (PDF).
Federal Unemployment Tax

So tell me WHERE does the tax revenue come from? EXISTING EMPLOYERS...
BUT when Obama and his administration is BENT on destroying jobs tell me then where will the employers get the money to pay FUTA???
And under HIS directions i.e. he appoints EPA executives to meet his statements....

Obama said: "if somebody wants to build coal utility plant it’s just that it will bankrupt them,![/I][/B][/COLOR]"

"EPA itself estimated that its ozone standard would cost $90 billion a year,
while other studies have projected that the rule could cost upwards of a trillion dollars and destroy 7.4 million jobs.

Boiler MACT Rule: EPA's Boiler MACT (Maximum Achievable Control Technology) standards are so strict that not even the best-performing sources can meet them, so many companies will have no choice but to shut their doors and ship manufacturing jobs overseas.
The rule has been projected to reduce US GDP by as much as 1.2 billion dollars and will destroy nearly 800,000 jobs.
Articles: Obama's EPA Plans for 2013

I never thought I'd lived to see the day when a President wanted and much less SAID that he wanted these events to happen:
"Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket." Obama: I?ll make energy prices ?skyrocket? « Hot Air

Folks... do you understand that WHEN a President encourages skyrocketing utility rates PEOPLE DIE from freezing?
Do you understand that ALL of us are seeing the results of a President THAT WANTS to bankrupt utilities and have our utility bills skyrocket!

And when Obama WANTS...I'd like higher gas prices, just not so quickly" LiveLeak.com - Obama: Id like higher gas prices, just not so quickly

WHAT will employers do when delivery truck gas prices climb? Stop delivering. Means no drivers.. means unemployed!
AGAIN who pays? Employers pay FUTA! If they aren't making money they go out of business and NOW who pays??

Forum List

Back