Zone1 When You Are not Black, You Really Don't Know

It never ceases to amuse me to see IM2 plagiarizing relentlessly to a board that he accuses of being so racist he can't stay away himself. He is not here to inform or teach about the views of black people. He is here to troll, snark, berate anyone and everyone for his failings because if he were successful AS a black man he wouldn't have anything to troll, snark, berate about. Successful blacks do not whine. They are too busy being successful in whatever capacity they are involved in. Therefore....drumroll....he is just too damn blind to see what a clown he is. And so entertaining as well to those who read his drivel for a laugh of the day.

So sad for him. So amused eye rolling from me.
Diving even deeper, the hostility he has for whites just reeks from every pore, and his constant whining about racism - especially inappropriate now given the extreme antisemitic atmosphere on college campuses - actually can engender resentment and negativity toward blacks IF one were to allow himself to think IM2 represents most blacks.

The question thus becomes: why does a black man want to create negativity toward blacks?

It's funny how only whites on the right believe they can tell us how what we see and experience does not exist as if because they say so it must be so. That is the white supremacist mindset.

It's only those on the right who call you out on your whining.

This is how whites made it.

ALL RISE!

This Afternoons lesson is titled

WHITE HANDOUTS

In 1618, the Virginia colony passed "the Great Charter of privileges, orders, and laws." Among these laws was a provision that any person who settled in Virginia or paid for the transportation of another person to settle in Virginia would get fifty acres of land per person. “The right to receive fifty acres per person, or per head, was called a headright.” It got even better for colonists as those who “imported” slaves also got 50 acres per slave. The practice was continued by the government of Virginia, for 161 years, ending in 1779. Headrights were not only limited to Virginia. The headright system was used in all the original 13 colonies. Headrights were the first of many government handouts of free stuff or guarantees providing whites with economic development assistance.

The Homestead Acts gave away 246 million acres of land. To qualify for Homestead land, a person had to be a citizen of the United States, and blacks were not given citizenship until 1866. Research shows that 99.73 percent of that land went to whites, including white immigrants. 1.5 million white families were given free land, the equivalent of a minimum of $500,000 per family. Today 93 million whites still benefit from the Homestead Act, this is about 40 percent of the current white population in America. This land has helped those whites accumulate the wealth they have today.

"But not only did they give them land, they built land grant colleges with government money to teach them how to farm. Not only that, they provided county agents to further their expertise in farming. Not only that, they provided low interest rates in order that they could mechanize their farms."

"Not only that, today many of these people are receiving millions of dollars in federal subsidies not to farm, and they are the very people telling the black man that he ought to lift himself by his own bootstraps. And this is what we are faced with, and this is the reality." -
Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.

The government saw the need to provide education and services to assist whites moving west to help them survive on the free land the government was handing out. Because of that, the United States Congress passed the Morrill Act of 1862, better known as the Land Grant Act. The act gave each state 30,000 acres of land per senator to be used for educating homesteaders in the professions available during that time in America. The grants were used to build colleges making land grant colleges one result of the Morrill Act.

Blacks were not allowed to attend many Morrill Act institutions.

The National Housing Act was passed by Congress and signed by President Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1934.29 This law created the Federal Housing Administration. The National Housing Act is the policy that may have had the most impact on wealth accumulation in modern America. The FHA was able to create a guaranteed home loan program whereby potential homebuyers could get bank loans guaranteed against default by the government.

The formation of the FHA and its guaranteed loan program only worked to increase white advantage. “Of the $120 billion worth of new housing subsidized by the government between 1934 and 1962, less than 2 percent went to nonwhite families.” Black creditworthiness was no excuse for banks because the federal government guaranteed payment of the loans.

The Social Security Act of 1935 created the Social Security program, state unemployment insurance, and assistance to single women with children. When the act was signed, the law excluded occupations mainly done by blacks. When President Roosevelt signed the law, approximately two-thirds of the blacks in America were ineligible. For years, most blacks were excluded from social security savings and could not get unemployment.

Title 4 of the Social Security Act provided grants to states as Aid To Dependent Children. Eventually the name of the program was changed to Aid to Families with Dependent Children. This was welfare folks. Assistance for single moms with children and no daddy at home. In 1935. Blacks were excluded. The ADC plan was written by two ladies who had been former directors of what was at the time called the U.S. Children’s Bureau. The goal was to provide aid to all children whose mothers had no support from a husband no matter how they got into that position.

The Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 created the minimum wage and time and a half overtime pay for working over forty hours a week. Child labor was eliminated by this act. All these were good things, but… In every law that was passed as part of The New Deal, Roosevelt had to compromise with southern representatives to get the votes he needed. In the case of the FLSA, due to pressure from southern congress members, he decided that industries would be excluded from the regulations where the majority of workers were black. Because of this, blacks were paid less than the minimum wage.

On June 22, 1944, President Roosevelt signed the Servicemen’s Readjustment Act, better known as the G.I. Bill.38 This law provided benefits for veterans returning from World War Two. This act included funds for college tuition, low-cost home loans, and unemployment insurance. As in every other program during this time, southern members of Congress fought the passage of these laws unless there were provisions that limited access to blacks. The G.I Bill was no different

Over 1 million returning black soldiers were unable to get GI benefits.

My father was one of those soldiers. Therefore white racism has affected my life directly.

During the 20th century, numerous programs and policies were designed that provided race-based advantages by law for whites by every level of government in the United States. The policies excluded those who were not white; most excluded all who were not white and male.

According to the study, “Black Reparations for Twentieth Century Federal Housing Discrimination: the Construction of White Wealth and the Effects of Denied Black homeownership” written by Jane Kim, Federal housing policies that excluded blacks from funding provided the equivalent of 1.239 quintillion dollars to create white wealth in the 20th century.

The handouts given to whites over the course of this nations history are why whites have what they do. If not for these handouts, they would be nothing. None of these things have anything to do with the ways people like Lisa tell backs to do in order to be sucessful. The government gave whites free land, then provided colleges and extension agencies to equip and help them learn how to work the free land. The government provided assustance for single white women with kids and no husband or man to help care for them. The government gave whites guaranteed loans that if that white person defaulted, the government would pay off the loan. So then it's time the racists ended the lectures to blacks about how we should do thiings. What we should do is petition the gvernment until we get the same monetary amount of assistance whites have been given.

Was I supposed to read that wall of text? I guess someone who has such a limited vocabulary might be consigned to cutting and pasting things other people have written.
Yes you are. If you only knew just how stupid you sound saying something like that.

It never ceases to amuse me to see IM2 plagiarizing relentlessly to a board that he accuses of being so racist he can't stay away himself. He is not here to inform or teach about the views of black people. He is here to troll, snark, berate anyone and everyone for his failings because if he were successful AS a black man he wouldn't have anything to troll, snark, berate about. Successful blacks do not whine. They are too busy being successful in whatever capacity they are involved in. Therefore....drumroll....he is just too damn blind to see what a clown he is. And so entertaining as well to those who read his drivel for a laugh of the day.

So sad for him. So amused eye rolling from me.
I guarantee that I am better educated and sucessful than you. I'm retired b----. Do you understand what that means? It's funny how you psychosis riddled white racist idiots think. You don't know any black people and you have never really had a serious discussion with anyone black about race. My opinion represents at least 90 percent of the blacks in America. Advocating is not whining you dumb dull b----. YOU are the demographic that has benefitted the most from AA and DEI. Furthermore, your ass is nothing if you don't marry a man who has money. So then you are the apex leech and all you need to do in order to get access to wealth is lay on your back. So don't even begin trying to tell me about what successful blacks do or don't do.

JGalt, you just don't know. But keep on making yourself look stupid.

IM2 thinks only blacks know what it’s like to be the victims of bigotry. I assume he’s not a Jew on a liberal camous.

Given how antisemitism has risen to a level that blacks haven’t seen in generations, and it’s selfish to keep going on and on about racism given the rise in Nazi Germany here in America.

Maybe it's just time you racists learned that you don't know a damn thing about blacks, and that your opinion about us is totally wrong. It's time whites on the right ceased the lectures and looked at your own history and began to realize the true way you have gotten where you are.

The OP is not the topic, folks. Please stick to the content.

So is the topic the book?

1714522555578.png

This is the OP. This thread is about organizations in the black community that are working on the real issues that are the most important for black communities today.

“When you spend your dollar out of the community in which you live the community in which you spend your dollar becomes richer and richer; the community out of which you take your money becomes poorer and poorer.” -Malcolm X

Malcolm X did not attend the Harvard School of Business, Brandeis, or Penn State. He earned his “undergrad degree” at State Pen U. However, his opinion relative to economic development is spot on. The Civil Rights Movement was never finished. MLK was about to take things to another level.

King said in an interview befre he died that America had it easy relative to the civil rights movement. He said it cost nothing to integreate schools and lunch counters, but for true equality there had to be something done abut economic inequality. Unfortunately he got killed and that scared a bunch of potential new leaders to put pressure on the government to create methods of economic equality. So today it's about the economic equality blacks have been denied.

When we talk about reparations the ignorant begin popping off as if blacks have no plans or ideas. And nothing could be further from he truth. Here is one example.

1714358811624.png

FOR FAR TOO MANY AMERICANS, TRUE FINANCIAL FREEDOM HAS BEEN IMPOSSIBLE.​

Our mission is to advance economic opportunity by providing the tools they need to reach their goals. We help individuals of all ages by offering financial education, one-on-one coaching, courses on credit score improvement, as well as pathways toward homeownership and starting a business.​

The cycle of struggling to get by each month has dominated kitchen tables and the desks of small business owners for generations. It is more than just “pulling yourself up by the bootstraps”—it is about knowing how to navigate a financial system that requires knowledge, experience and expertise in order to generate economic security for families and business, and to pass that on to our children.

EXPANDING ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL.​

Operation HOPE has a broad array of individualized services that level the playing field by offering customized one-on-one programs for youth, adults, and disaster survivors—on their own or through their employers—to equip them with the financial knowledge and tools they need to create a more secure future – all at no cost.

WHY IT MATTERS

Economic inequality, financial illiteracy, social injustice, inequitable access to capital and lack of financial dignity are real and systemic issues that have hindered the economic growth and opportunity for under-served individuals and small businesses for over 400 years in America.

We recognize these problems are systemic and complex and require innovative and collaborative solutions from a variety of partners in government, community, and the private sector.

Operation HOPE partners with like-minded players to identify where the greatest impact can be achieved. HOPE offers tangible programs and initiatives that address these problems, establishes audacious long-term goals for improvement, creates and tracks key performance indicators to measure their progress, and then takes the lead in raising awareness, lobbying for change, rallying support and building coalitions to work towards eliminating these issues.

1714359093663.png

Bragging about some pastor in Chicago building another job training center or fatherless homes shows just how much a person doesn't know about what a solution would be. Here we see an organization teaching financial literacy, fixing credit, etc.. THIS, will create a change.

It's funny how the right can't face the truth.

He did the same to me. He only accepts suggestions from blacks, even if a white says the same thing. And then he calls the white racist.
I don't accept lectures from whites telling me what blacks need to do because whites are not where they are for the reasons they tell us to do things.

I don't accept lectures from whites telling me what blacks need to do because whites are not where they are for the reasons they tell us to do things.
Take responsibility, and you can go from an impoverished life in a tenement to a large colonial home - and in the face of antisemitism - without taking any government help.

1. stay in school
2. no babies before marriage
3. get job training of some sort

We are telling you what has worked for every other ethnic or immigrant group since the nation weas founded. You reject the results out of hand and call it racism.

Forum List

Back