When you get ATF Comes Knocking

1662941462701.png

ATF agent: Oh my God! You bought a coffee can just like in that Tom Clancy book and are possibly making a suppressor for your AR-15, or some other rifle, out of it and we're the ATF here to confiscate it before that happens. Do you have any bamboo tiki torches? We'll have to confiscate those also before you start making leg traps that skewer a persons foot like they did in Viet Nam.

Citizen: Do the letters FO mean anything to you?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:smoke: :) :smoke:

For cleaning a gun barrel and recovering the solvent
I like a bore snake and CLP or cleaning rod with patches, Hopps #9 bore cleaner and then CLP, myself. Rarely use a bore brush (except on pistol) and always clean the same day I go to the range. Any weapon in the house would pass inspection.

I guess ordering a legal item can now get you a visit from Bidens SS

The ATF in this case had no entry power to search or confiscate, apparently. They are hoping that intimidation and compliance will do the job for them.

Confiscating a legal item out of a fear it my be used illegally is pretty shaky ground. Based on that logic, you could impound a vehicle with performance enhancements because it could be used to speed.

View attachment 695016

ATF agent: Oh my God! You bought a coffee can just like in that Tom Clancy book and are possibly making a suppressor for your AR-15, or some other rifle, out of it and we're the ATF here to confiscate it before that happens. Do you have any bamboo tiki torches? We'll have to confiscate those also before you start making leg traps that skewer a persons foot like they did in Viet Nam.

Citizen: Do the letters FO mean anything to you?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:smoke: :) :smoke:

I heard that a Marxist up close to the barrel of the weapon, makes a great silencer..

the-only-good-commie-is-a-dead-com-mie-8060554.png

I've always been amused by the hysteria around "silencers". First of all, they don't make a firearm silent in the least. Nothing like what they are portrayed to do in movies and on TV.

Second, in some places, most of Europe for example, "silencers" AKA "noise suppressors" are REQUIRED for hunting.

I wish I had this guy's balls, but sadly, I don't.

Someday their defense will be, "I was only following orders"

View attachment 694981
As already correctly noted, there’s nothing confirming this is actually an ATF ‘agent.’

A search comes up with only crazy rightwing fake news sites, loony rightwing gun blogs, and other unreliable rightwing sources.

I like a bore snake and CLP or cleaning rod with patches, Hopps #9 bore cleaner and then CLP, myself. Rarely use a bore brush (except on pistol) and always clean the same day I go to the range. Any weapon in the house would pass inspection.
A one-piece carbon fiber cleaning rod – the segmented cleaning rods run the risk of damaging the crown.

As already correctly noted, there’s nothing confirming this is actually an ATF ‘agent.’

A search comes up with only crazy rightwing fake news sites, loony rightwing gun blogs, and other unreliable rightwing sources.
The video was most likely made for clicks. Who knows.

If you own a diesel you would know that solvent traps are fuel filters. But if you're an idiot getting caught with one fitted for a gun barrel without registering, you are screwed. Class H felony.

Forum List

Back