Where are the people that want to ban homecoming parades as they want to ban guns?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
I am asking those same people that get all their panties in a wad regarding school shootings, don't you think there should be some type of ban on mass gatherings like homecoming parades that incite people like this woman to kill 4 people, injuring dozens?
Where are the protests? Where are the signs? The MSM doesn't seem to want to publicize this, but
if the killer were using a gun to attack the homecoming.... woe! More comments from Hillary. Obama would make a trip.
What is the difference here? Both guns and autos are easy to steal. Both guns and autos have one other thing in common. Both are inanimate objects that require a HUMAN to pull/or step on the accelerator.
Maybe this woman was trying to emulate someone and this was her 15 minutes of fame.

Two-year-old becomes fourth person to die after 'drunk' woman, 25, plows her car at high speed into the Oklahoma State University homecoming parade crowd

• Car crashed into homecoming parade for Oklahoma State University today
  • Three people were initially reported dead, with another 34 taken to hospital
  • A two-year-old has become the fourth fatality, passing away this evening
  • Doctors said another five children and three adults are still being cared for
  • Adacia Chambers, 25, arrested and accused of driving under the influence
  • Chambers' father Floyd has said he 'cannot believe' she caused the crash

Four dead after car plows into crowd at Oklahoma State parade

I am asking those same people that get all their panties in a wad regarding school shootings, don't you think there should be some type of ban on mass gatherings like homecoming parades that incite people like this woman to kill 4 people, injuring dozens?
Where are the protests? Where are the signs? The MSM doesn't seem to want to publicize this, but
if the killer were using a gun to attack the homecoming.... woe! More comments from Hillary. Obama would make a trip.
What is the difference here? Both guns and autos are easy to steal. Both guns and autos have one other thing in common. Both are inanimate objects that require a HUMAN to pull/or step on the accelerator.
Maybe this woman was trying to emulate someone and this was her 15 minutes of fame.

Two-year-old becomes fourth person to die after 'drunk' woman, 25, plows her car at high speed into the Oklahoma State University homecoming parade crowd

And we don't let 16 year olds own and buy guns...they can't use them without adult supervision..but we let 16 year olds have complete and unfettered access to these killing machines......

If you think (I know I'm taking liberties with that term) that guns equal automobiles as weaponry, perhaps we should regard guns as we regard automobiles. There should be a state issued license to operate a gun. The gun owner should be required to carry insurance on that gun. The license should be subject to renewal and testing at that license renewal.

I must ask, are automobiles designed EXCLUSIVELY to kill, or are they designed primarily as a means of transportation?

Honestly, gun nuts who seek to rationalize the havoc and tragedy wrought by guns just to keep deadly weapons on the streets, campuses, schoolyards, churches and theaters are among the least responsible humans walking God's green earth.

What a wonderful opportunity for you.

If you think (I know I'm taking liberties with that term) that guns equal automobiles as weaponry, perhaps we should regard guns as we regard automobiles. There should be a state issued license to operate a gun. The gun owner should be required to carry insurance on that gun. The license should be subject to renewal and testing at that license renewal.

I must ask, are automobiles designed EXCLUSIVELY to kill, or are they designed primarily as a means of transportation?

Honestly, gun nuts who seek to rationalize the havoc and tragedy wrought by guns just to keep deadly weapons on the streets, campuses, schoolyards, churches and theaters are among the least responsible humans walking God's green earth.

I don't own a gun. Never have and hope I never have to.
But I also know that people like you have been hyped up so much by the MSM regarding MORE gun laws that you don't take any time to figure out that
the majority of those people that use "guns" would still get a gun because here is a news flash for you....THEY DON"T believe in obeying laws!
In fact here is the exact quote from Chris Mercer the Oregon college shooter:

On a website called Kickass Torrents, a person who used the email associated with Harper-Mercer commented on the disgruntled ex-employee who shot a television news reporter and cameraman in Virginia on-air.

I have noticed that so many people like him are all alone and unknown, yet when they spill a little blood, the whole world knows who they are.… His face splashed across every screen, his name across the lips of every person on the planet, all in the course of one day. Seems the more people you kill, the more your're in the limelight.”

He urged people to watch the “footage of him shooting those people.” saying, "It's a short video but good nonetheless

His last upload on the site, done last week, referenced the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in 2012, which left 20 students and six staff members dead.
Gun-obsessed, timid and his mom called him 'baby': What we know of Chris Harper-Mercer's life

Now I'm going to SHOUT at you....
Don't you think the MSM has the responsibility NOT to yell fire in a crowded theatre...i.e. This idiot told us that the MSM splashes across every screen this
all alone and unknown shooters! Mercer, the TV reporter shooter... ALL had their 15 minutes of FAME and it is the constant MSM's old adage "IF IT BLEEDS IT LEADS"!

We don't need ANY MORE stupid laws that ONLY law abiding people are obeying!
JUST enforce the laws that exist in the the 300 federal,state gun laws or the 3,144 counties or 19,354 towns and cities laws!. I know CT among several states have proposed gun owners have liability insurance, but all that is moot. The reason is if a person like Mercer who was motivated by the notoriety of the TV reporters killer, what good would training,etc. have for this person much less a liability insurance! He would have passed.
Why all this national angst about a total of 381 deaths by mass shootings when in Chicago Shot & Killed: 359 Illustrating Chicago Crime, Murder and Mayhem at heyjackass.com Chicago is ranked last in terms of federal gun law enforcement in 2012, according to a new report from Syracuse University's Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse, which tracks federal data. Chicago, Los Angeles, New York Prosecuted Fewest Federal Gun Crimes YET with all these deaths... where is the national outrage? Where is the MSM? Nearly as many killed in Chicago a city considered "inside the city limits of Chicago, not a single gun shop can be found — they’ve been outlawed. With is nearly 3 million residents, Chicago has the most stringent gun laws in the nation. Gun laws were so strict, in fact, that in 2010, the US Supreme Court intervened saying the law was going to far. However, city lawmakers were able to “keep the ban” without “legally keeping the ban.”

So just enforce the laws that exist!

A homecoming parade isn't designed for just one thing, killing other (living) things.

And just like the automobile A GUN CAN"T shoot someone unless a human pulls the trigger.

JUST enforce the laws that exist in the the 300 federal,state gun laws or the 3,144 counties or 19,354 towns and cities laws!. I know CT among several states have proposed gun owners have liability insurance, but all that is moot. The reason is if a person like Mercer who was motivated by the notoriety of the TV reporters killer, what good would training,etc. have for this person much less a liability insurance! He would have passed.
Why all this national angst about a total of 381 deaths by mass shootings when in Chicago Shot & Killed: 359 Illustrating Chicago Crime, Murder and Mayhem at heyjackass.com Chicago is ranked last in terms of federal gun law enforcement in 2012, according to a new report from Syracuse University's Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse, which tracks federal data. Chicago, Los Angeles, New York Prosecuted Fewest Federal Gun Crimes YET with all these deaths... where is the national outrage? Where is the MSM? Nearly as many killed in Chicago a city considered "inside the city limits of Chicago, not a single gun shop can be found — they’ve been outlawed. With is nearly 3 million residents, Chicago has the most stringent gun laws in the nation. Gun laws were so strict, in fact, that in 2010, the US Supreme Court intervened saying the law was going to far. However, city lawmakers were able to “keep the ban” without “legally keeping the ban.”

A homecoming parade isn't designed for just one thing, killing other (living) things.

And just like the automobile A GUN CAN"T shoot someone unless a human pulls the trigger.

A car isn't designed to kill either, but like many other things, it can. That's why we regulate them...

yeah...those silly points are old and boring...the first time you guys trotted them out....guns are not cars....they are a tool protected by the natural right to self defense and codified in our Bill of Rights.....

After you put a literacy test and poll tax on voting, then we can talk about licensing gun owners....the democrats tired to keep blacks from voting with the poll tax and it didn't work for them.

Licensing normal gun owners is unnecessary...and there is already civil and criminal law to deal with the criminal use of guns.

Guns are not designed exclusively to kill...they are mainly created to save the life of the user....and in the majority of times they are carried for self defense they are never drawn from the holster or fired......and they keep the peace all over the world also without firing a shot.....

Lets see......

In 2014 there were a total of 8,124 gun murders......

There are over 320 million guns in private hands....

That means..... 319,991,876 guns were not used to murder anyone.....can you tell which numbers are bigger?

In a country of over 320 million people...8,124 were murdered by guns....

Most of the people murdered were criminals engaged in criminal activity, as were the shooters.....

How many people are killed in "mass shootings" in a year....that you want to disarm over 90 million homes.....

US Mass Shootings, 1982-2015: Data From Mother Jones' Investigation

Sooooo....

How many deaths on average according to Mother Jones...anti gun, uber left wing Mother Jones.......each year, well less than 100.

2014..... 9
2013..... 36
2012..... 72
2011..... 19
2002...not listed by mother jones

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

Cars, Accidental deaths 2013......35,369
Poisons...accidental deaths 2013....38,851

Alcohol...accidental deaths 2013...29,001

gravity....accidental falling deaths 2013...30,208
Accidental drowning.....3,391
Accidental exposure to smoke, fire and flames.....2,760

Accidental gun deaths 2013......505

Those are the numbers of deaths from mass shootings in the United States.....and even in the big year, 2012, they didn't break 100 deaths by criminals.

How many guns are there in American hands....320 million.

How many people carry guns for self defense...over 12.8 million.

Soooo..less than 73 people were murdered by mass shooters in the worst year......in gun free zones you guys created..which allowed these shooters to murder those people.....

How many deaths on average according to Mother Jones...anti gun, uber left wing Mother Jones.......each year, well less than 100.

2014..... 9
2013..... 36
2012..... 72
2011..... 19

And in a typical year there are not even enough people murdered by mass shooters to show up in a percentage....compared to 320 million people in the country......

Stop the criminals and you stop gun crime...waste time on normal gun owners and the gun murders will continue.

A car isn't designed to kill either, but like many other things, it can. That's why we regulate them...

Guns are one of the most regulated products in the country...

Lets see......

That means..... 319,991,876 guns were not used to murder anyone.....can you tell which numbers are bigger?

Most of the people murdered were criminals engaged in criminal activity, as were the shooters.....

How many people are killed in "mass shootings" in a year....that you want to disarm over 90 million homes.....

Sooooo....

2014..... 9
2013..... 36
2012..... 72
2011..... 19

Those are the numbers of deaths from mass shootings in the United States.....and even in the big year, 2012, they didn't break 100 deaths by criminals.

As the thread poses the ridiculous question of banning homecoming, how many people are accidentally killed at homecoming parades yearly?

It is telling that SO MANY of our resident dummies make this really stupid connection......and they do so with such pride!

I'd do not wish to ban guns. But.....I wish to regulate the sale and use of them.

Do the idiots who make this lame connection wish to regulate the sale and use of automobiles?

Of course they do.

Idiots.

Lets see......

Sooooo....

2014..... 9
2013..... 36
2012..... 72
2011..... 19

As the thread poses the ridiculous question of banning homecoming, how many people are accidentally killed at homecoming parades yearly?

It could very well be a conspiracy of silence.....perhaps the government is hiding the true dangers of homecoming parades......

It is telling that SO MANY of our resident dummies make this really stupid connection......and they do so with such pride!

I'd do not wish to ban guns. But.....I wish to regulate the sale and use of them.

Do the idiots who make this lame connection wish to regulate the sale and use of automobiles?

Of course they do.

Idiots.

IDIOT!!!!!
JUST enforce the laws that exist in the the 300 federal,state gun laws or the 3,144 counties or 19,354 towns and cities laws!.
The reason is if a person like Mercer who was motivated by the notoriety of the TV reporters killer, what good would training,etc. have for this person much less a liability insurance! He would have passed.
Why all this national angst about a total of 381 deaths by mass shootings when in Chicago Shot & Killed: 359 Illustrating Chicago Crime, Murder and Mayhem at heyjackass.com
Chicago is ranked last in terms of federal gun law enforcement in 2012, according to a new report from Syracuse University's Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse, which tracks federal data.
Chicago, Los Angeles, New York Prosecuted Fewest Federal Gun Crimes Y
ET with all these deaths... where is the national outrage? Where is the MSM? Nearly as many killed in Chicago a city considered "inside the city limits of Chicago, not a single gun shop can be found — they’ve been outlawed. With is nearly 3 million residents, Chicago has the most stringent gun laws in the nation. Gun laws were so strict, in fact, that in 2010, the US Supreme Court intervened saying the law was going to far. However, city lawmakers were able to “keep the ban” without “legally keeping the ban.”

Of course they do.

Idiots.

IDIOT!!!!!
JUST enforce the laws that exist in the the 300 federal,state gun laws or the 3,144 counties or 19,354 towns and cities laws!.
The reason is if a person like Mercer who was motivated by the notoriety of the TV reporters killer, what good would training,etc. have for this person much less a liability insurance! He would have passed.
Why all this national angst about a total of 381 deaths by mass shootings when in Chicago Shot & Killed: 359 Illustrating Chicago Crime, Murder and Mayhem at heyjackass.com
Chicago is ranked last in terms of federal gun law enforcement in 2012, according to a new report from Syracuse University's Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse, which tracks federal data.
ET with all these deaths... where is the national outrage? Where is the MSM? Nearly as many killed in Chicago a city considered "inside the city limits of Chicago, not a single gun shop can be found — they’ve been outlawed. With is nearly 3 million residents, Chicago has the most stringent gun laws in the nation. Gun laws were so strict, in fact, that in 2010, the US Supreme Court intervened saying the law was going to far. However, city lawmakers were able to “keep the ban” without “legally keeping the ban.”

Chicago........Chicago.......blah blah blah.....Chicago......black on black crime......blah blah blah......let's ban knives.......blah blah blah .......and we can ban swimming pools and cars too.......blah blah blah......shall not be infringed......blah blah blah........Benghazi.......blah blah blah......

Change the channel, asshole.

Trust me and you heard it here first.....this moron will be canonized by the right, she will in fact have sprouted wings by the time her trial comes.....I can see it all now....White woman's car is at fault and the only reason she was drinking was because she'd just lost her job and was upset. Right winged nuts, get your wallets out...its time to pay for her lawyers...oh, why oh why couldn't she a brown skinned terrorist, why????

Of course they do.

Idiots.

IDIOT!!!!!

Chicago........Chicago.......blah blah blah.....Chicago......black on black crime......blah blah blah......let's ban knives.......blah blah blah .......and we can ban swimming pools and cars too.......blah blah blah......shall not be infringed......blah blah blah........Benghazi.......blah blah blah......

Change the channel, asshole.

Why do you always always make sense???? Bowing down to a genus at work.....
upload_2015-10-25_8-13-4.jpeg

Forum List

Back