Where the hell is the irate left?

Where's the march on Washington?

Where are the protesters?

The irate left is there...if you bother to actually, you know...look.

MoveOn’s 8 Million Members Vote Overwhelmingly to Oppose Military Action in Syria

If you are looking for a protest march in Washington, the same group which organized all the anti-Iraq marches is having one this Saturday: ANSWER Coalition

x3cpk3.jpg
Beat me to it.

Yes but not how it was handled

Then why wouldn't you support invading Syria? Isn't invading Syria NECESSARY? All of the same conditions that made invading Iraq NECESSARY are in place in Syria,

based on what we were told made invading Iraq necessary.

Except of course a potential threat to the United States. And the fact that Syria is in a Civil war. And of course the fact that Assad has never even insinuated he was going to give chemical weapons to terrorists to attack the United States. and of course any evidence that Assad's troops and not the rebels are the ones who used the weapons.

The United States went to war with Iraq because President Bush actually believed their were weapons that were a threat to the US. Now we are about to go to war in Syria because President Obama is trying to save his pride.

Yeah. totally the same reasons here.

How many years has Syria been on the list of states that sponsor terrorism?

I thought bombing Muslims created terrorists?

Where is code pink?

Why is every lib on this board deflecting with talk about past wars?

Show some fucking spine and stand up to what you would otherwise be condemning under any other circumstances.

Well, I have been opposing military action in Syria in several threads here. I also opposed the Iraq war. I'm a working stiff, so I'm not going to be marching anywhere. I imagine you will see protests if and when something actually happens. You probably hear about past wars because many of you conservatives are such war hawks at least when a Republican is president. Now that the president is a Democrat, many of the hawks turned into peaceniks overnight. So there is understandable confusion about motivation.

Failed leadership!

I'm not convinced of that ...yet.

Let's see what happens next week.

Given the current political landscape, I think it took more balls to call for the approval of the people's representatives than it would have taken to have simply acted at the behest of most of his top advisors.

It's sometimes difficult to see where the true loyalties of certain high level advisory officials in Washington lie.

Failed leadership!

I'm not convinced of that ...yet.

Let's see what happens next week.

Given the current political landscape, I think it took more balls to call for the approval of the people's representatives than it would have taken to have simply acted at the behest of most of his top advisors.

It's sometimes difficult to see where the true loyalties of certain high level advisory officials in Washington lie.

I am convinced, in light of Obama disowning his 'red line' statements AFTER calling for Congressional approval. That is very irresponsible.

Where is code pink?

Show some fucking spine and stand up to what you would otherwise be condemning under any other circumstances.

Code Pink IS there protesting. You just need to pay attention.

And I've made it clear on several threads that this is not something we should get involved with. I'm not the only Liberal who has done so. Not our fault you close your eyes to what we are posting.

Yes but not how it was handled

Then why wouldn't you support invading Syria? Isn't invading Syria NECESSARY? All of the same conditions that made invading Iraq NECESSARY are in place in Syria,

based on what we were told made invading Iraq necessary.

Except of course a potential threat to the United States. And the fact that Syria is in a Civil war. And of course the fact that Assad has never even insinuated he was going to give chemical weapons to terrorists to attack the United States. and of course any evidence that Assad's troops and not the rebels are the ones who used the weapons.

The United States went to war with Iraq because President Bush actually believed their were weapons that were a threat to the US. Now we are about to go to war in Syria because President Obama is trying to save his pride.

Yeah. totally the same reasons here.

Bullshit.

And while Bush may have "actually believed" there were WMDs in Iraq (And I do think he did believe that, although he knew the intelligence didn't back him up), he was willing to lie about it.

That's the real difference.

Obama is lying about having proof that Assad is guilty. Or, his intelligence, just like that of Bush, is fabricated. or else it would be information used to sell the American people on the war he's about to launch us into.

So there is no difference.

I am convinced, in light of Obama disowning his 'red line' statements AFTER calling for Congressional approval. That is very irresponsible.

What I see, maybe just wishfully, is a marionette coming to life and bucking against his string-pullers.

Where is code pink?

I have been expressing my disappointment about this Syria issue on plenty of threads, I don't think we should have stuck our noses in the situation and I CERTAINLY DON'T WANT to do what the current Administration and some Republicans are advocating that we do with Syria. I don't care if it was President Gary Johnson advocating such an action, I would still be opposed to it and disappointed.

this is about the geneva convention, a liberal idea like all the good ones, and degrading and a scumbag, who hater dupes admire, of course. lol. of course bush left this legacy of fear of the usa lying, like his hero Raygun. Change the bs channel, hater dupes..

this is about the geneva convention, a liberal idea like all the good ones, and degrading and a scumbag, who hater dupes admire, of course. lol. of course bush left this legacy of fear of the usa lying, like his hero Raygun. Change the bs channel, hater dupes..

Herpin' derps early today aren'tcha?

Forum List

Back