Where were the Republicans in 2004, when the NAACP was audited?

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
After their president chairman Bush?

USATODAY.com - NAACP in hot water over speech

WASHINGTON — The Internal Revenue Service is reviewing the tax-exempt status of the nation's oldest civil rights organization, saying criticism of President Bush at the NAACP's national convention in July may have violated rules against partisan activity.

NAACP Chairman Julian Bond says about the IRS probe: "We intend to fight this with every resource we have."
By Henry Koshollek, The Capital Times file

In a letter dated Oct. 8, the IRS said it had "received information" that NAACP Chairman Julian Bond "condemned the administration policies of George W. Bush on education, the economy and the war in Iraq" in a July 11 speech.

Feel free.

I am sure the conservatives were in an uproar about that!

:eusa_eh: Right?

the difference is the gop was outfront and upfront on how they felt, unlike the spineless dems that like to do their crap behind the scenes

:thewave:

Gotta love it.

By the way..I feel the same way as I did back then. The US government SHOULD NOT be doing things like this..

I'm sure they dressed in their finest white robes while attending the weekly cross-burning and discussed it. <-----Sarcasm intended.

Who knows? Might have been red robes..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8ov-Cbpf4M]Simpsons - Stonecutters Song - YouTube[/ame]

I'm sure they dressed in their finest white robes while attending the weekly cross-burning and discussed it. <-----Sarcasm intended.

and which party had the grand wizard. but you be a good little german soldier so ya don't have to think for yurself.

So lemme see if I have this straight.

IRS Auditing NAACP = Good.

IRS Auditing Tea Party = Very Very Very VERY VERRY BAAADDD!

FIRE BAD. BAD.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96sUPxlIfx4]Frankenstein (4/8) Movie CLIP - The Monster Meets Fire (1931) HD - YouTube[/ame]

Tax-exempt organizations are not allowed to involve themselves with partisan political activities. Period.

Assuming that the NAACP is a tax-exempt organization, anybody with a functioning brain knows that they are extremely left wing and ALWAYS support any and all Democrat candidates, especially "colored" ones.

the difference is the gop was outfront and upfront on how they felt, unlike the spineless dems that like to do their crap behind the scenes

Gotta love it.

By the way..I feel the same way as I did back then. The US government SHOULD NOT be doing things like this..

That's good to hear...but I'm not sure what the point is unless it's to say that this should be glossed over as well, perhaps a tit for tat sort of thing.:dunno:

Gotta love it.

They smell blood. It's their big chance to get even for losing the white house

Last edited:
Prove there was no outrage. Just because you say there wasn't doesn't make anything so. Besides this is using the IRS not just to audit but to gather information. There was plenty of protest when Nixon was found out to use the IRS the same should happen today. This should be the end to this corrupt regime.

Gotta love it.

They smell blood. Their big chance to get even for losing the white house

Wouldn't be blood if this administration followed the law and was actually transparent.

WASHINGTON — The Internal Revenue Service is reviewing the tax-exempt status of the nation's oldest civil rights organization, saying criticism of President Bush at the NAACP's national convention in July may have violated rules against partisan activity.

NAACP Chairman Julian Bond says about the IRS probe: "We intend to fight this with every resource we have."

In a letter dated Oct. 8, the IRS said it had "received information" that NAACP Chairman Julian Bond "condemned the administration policies of George W. Bush on education, the economy and the war in Iraq" in a July 11 speech.

Feel free.

AND what other liberal groups were audited along with NAACP???
ACLU??? Labor Unions?

The IRS targeted 298 groups for special scrutiny, according to a congressional aide with knowledge of the report.
Seventy-two had “tea party” in their title, while 13 had “patriot” and 11 had “9/12,” the aide said.
Lingering questions about the IRS targeting of conservative groups

AGAIN how many groups including NAACP 501c STATUS were questioned when 99% of their endorsements were Democrats?
That is against the rules of 501c. So I'm sure politically adept IRS with Obama loyalties looked at the same story!

MY point though 298 groups were targeted... HOW MANY targeted by IRS in 2004???

Feel free.

1 - This wasn't the IRS denying C-3 status. The NAACP already had it.

2 - This wasn't the IRS denying c-3 status to multiple groups because of word in their name or their political ideology. This was the IRS investigating one group.

3 - This wasn't the IRS lying to lawyers and the Congress claiming it wasn't happening when it was.

4 - If you want to claim that the NAACP has not skirted the edges of the law, if not actually breaking it, that is fine. I will disagree and the IRS has had plenty of reasons to investigate them to see if they were breaking the law.

I find it amusing that you had to got back 9 years to find even a single Liberal group being investigated by the IRS. We can show many more than that just last year that were Conservatives being investigated.

and which party had the grand wizard. but you be a good little german soldier so ya don't have to think for yurself.

So lemme see if I have this straight.

IRS Auditing NAACP = Good.

IRS Auditing Tea Party = Very Very Very VERY VERRY BAAADDD!

Since four letter words predominate your vocabulary, you probably don't know what "audit" means. Tax exempt organizations are precluded from endorsing specific candidates for political office. That is why the NAACP was "audited" to determine whether its political campaign against Bush violated this rule.

Tea Party organizations were not "audited." Their applications for tax exempt status were deliberately delayed in order to hamper their ability to obtain donations. I would ask if you understand this difference, but you obviously don't want to.

Forum List

Back