Which of these are facts?

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
1) Jimmy Carter: "I think an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man, that he's African American," Carter said.

2) Rush Limbaugh: "Obamacare is not about improved health care or cheaper insurance or better treatment or insuring the uninsured, and it never has been about that. It's about statism. It's about expanding the government. It's about control over the population. It is about everything but health care."

3) Bill McKibben: "There are very few objections to the theory as a whole; everyone in the scientific community agrees that the atmospheric concentration of carbon dioxide is on the rise, and almost everyone believes that it cannot help having some effect. To declare, as some editorialists have done, that the warming has not yet appeared and therefore the theory is wrong is like arguing that a woman hasn't yet given birth and therefore isn't pregnant."

4) U.Chicago Survey: In a survey conducted by the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, 80 percent of economic experts agreed that, because of the stimulus, the U.S. unemployment rate was lower at the end of 2010 than it would have been otherwise.

5) Ted Cruz: Do you know the rate of military enlistment among Hispanics is higher than any demographic in this country?"

1 and 2 are opinions, 3 is a fact followed by an opinion, 4 is a fact about several opinions, 5 is a question about a fact.

Did I pass?

1. Opinion.
2. Opinion.
3. Opinion.
4. Fact, if indeed 80% (of those polled) did agree, the rest is opinion.
5. Looks like a fact and sounds about right.

1 and 2 are opinions, 3 is a fact followed by an opinion, 4 is a fact about several opinions, 5 is a question about a fact.

Did I pass?

1 and 2 are definitely opinions. 3 is an opinion dressed to look like fact. 4. is similiar: it is a fact that the economists responded as they did. It is an opinion they are correct. Only 5 is a fact.

1 I believe it to be partially true, but only to a point; the people who hate Obama mostly hate him because he's a Dem.

2 Rush is way off base on this one - no surprise there.

3 Possibly true, although I don't really think that it is. While the earth certainly is getting warmer, I'm not completely convinced as to why.

4 This is an actual fact - yes, they do BELIEVE that the stimulus helped Was it true? Not certain at all, that it did.

5 I completely agree with Senator Cruz - Latinos are one of the most fiercely patriotic people that you will ever met. They are also amonst the most family oriented and God fearing.

Last edited:
Mad_Cabbie almost got a perfect grade, but the stimulus helped lots, look only where we are today compared to.....

Did I pass?

Where the heck you been, the www missed your sardonic wit and wisdom? Of course nothing much has changed, another day same....

1 I believe it to be partially true, but only to a point; the people who hate Obama mostly hate him because he's a Dem.

2 Rush is way off base on this one - no surprise there.

3 Possibly true, although I don't really think that it is. While the earth certainly is getting warmer, I'm not completely convinced as to why.

4 This is an actual fact - yes, they do BELIEVE that the stimulus helped Was it true? Not certain at all, that it did.

5 I completely agree with Senator Cruz - Latinos are one of the most fiercely patriotic people that you will ever met. They are also amonst the most family oriented and God fearing.

OK, that's 2 out of 5 correct. You need work.

Forum List

Back