Which Saying Do You Agree With MORE?

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all
- or -
Owner of a lonely heart, much better than an owner of a broken heart

I'm still undecided... which is why I am asking...

Do you think love is a "decision"?

Yes and no. The attraction must be instinctive, but the acceptance must be a decision.

I'm still undecided... which is why I am asking...

Do you think love is a "decision"?
Loved and Lost. No, it is not a decision. It is a feeling.

So, you believe in love at first sight? Or, do you think it takes time to develop feelings
I don't believe in love at first sight. I think that might be hormonal. lol It takes time to develop feelings.

I'd rather have had a million dollars and lost it than be poor my whole life

Yes and no. The attraction must be instinctive, but the acceptance must be a decision.

Attraction (physical, personality etc.) does not = love

Acceptance of what?
I agree but attraction is essential, and the acceptance that one is love is essential.

Ok we'll agree on point one - but still not clear on the "acceptance" - accepting another person's love? Or just accepting the other person and making a decision to get close to them, and love grows over time?

Say that to people that are rich, lose it all and commit suicide.
I'd rather be born without an arm, than lose my arm now.

The best and most solid feeling of love is being friends first. First, admire the person for their personality and the points you have in common. Then if it is right, you look forward to being with that person more and more and suddenly discover you are in love.

The best and most solid feeling of love is being friends first. First, admire the person for their personality and the points you have in common. Then if it is right, you look forward to being with that person more and more and suddenly discover you are in love.

So, falling in love is "preventable" - if you decide not to get close to a person you feel attracted to, correct?

Say that to people that are rich, lose it all and commit suicide.
I'd rather be born without an arm, than lose my arm now.
If rather lose my sight than be blind my whole life

Yeah - you got me there. I started to say that, but, not sure that would be true. At least I'd have a picture in my mind of things - yet, how can you miss what you never had?

So, falling in love is "preventable" - if you decide not to get close to a person you feel attracted to, correct?
That would be hard if you became friends first. Once you realize you are falling for that person, it;s hard to back off. Almost impossible.

Some have a devout assumption that marriage is not for them, and keep away from that topic, but once an attraction has occurred the feeling just doesn't go away. But you can always out boundaries on the relationship.

That would be hard if you became friends first. Once you realize you are falling for that person, it;s hard to back off. Almost impossible.

Some have a devout assumption that marriage is not for them, and keep away from that topic, but once an attraction has occurred the feeling just doesn't go away. But you can always out boundaries on the relationship.

I think if you are married, once you notice an attraction, you can cut off all ties.
It's not impossible, and over time, if you commit to avoiding that person, it will fade.
You disagree?

Forum List

Back