Which should have first priority: The woman, the fertilized egg, or the fetus?

Which should have first priority: The woman, the fertilized egg, or the fetus?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The man's wallet has the first priority.

If you are going to accidentally fall pregnant besides all the protection in the world available - prepare to pony up.

the answer depends on when you believe that life begins. If you vote for the woman, then you believe that life begins at the instant of birth and that killing the unborn child is OK.

If you believe that life begins at conception, then you cannot support abortion except in very special circumstances.

There is no right or wrong answer. Civilization must decide these things and civilized people decide such issues by majority vote. So lets put abortion up to a national referendum. Any objections?

Priority should be:

Woman's life, infants life, fertilized egg.

Woman's Choice is not in consideration.

the answer depends on when you believe that life begins. If you vote for the woman, then you believe that life begins at the instant of birth and that killing the unborn child is OK.

If you believe that life begins at conception, then you cannot support abortion except in very special circumstances.

There is no right or wrong answer. Civilization must decide these things and civilized people decide such issues by majority vote. So lets put abortion up to a national referendum. Any objections?

I believe my life began at conception. I also know that not all conceived zygotes develop successfully until birth. We have decided. Choice until viability for the most part.

I believe my life began at conception. I also know that not all conceived zygotes develop successfully until birth. We have decided. Choice until viability for the most part.

no "we" have not decided. passing laws does not change what we are allowed to believe. abortion is murder, it may be legal murder but its still murder.

The woman always comes first. She has first priority.

If the pregnancy endangers her life, yes. If not, no. There are two human lives involved. Killing one for convenience is murder.

If you lose your job and your home because your employer fires you for being pregnant it is VERY inconvenient. If you can't afford to take care of your existing children because you've be fired for being pregnant, you're putting their lives at risk, or they have to go into foster care as a result, that's totally irresposible.

I would also point out that 1/3 of all pregnancies end in miscarriage. During times of famines, wars and plagues, miscarriage rates are higher. It's the natural way of ensuring the mother has the best chance of survival during such difficult times.

If it were necessary to our survival that every fertilized egg become a baby, women wouldn't miscarry. Women are the best judges of when is the best time to increase their families. Not you, not the state.

Having a baby shouldn't be treated as a punishment for having sex or the result of failed birth control. Having a baby is a completely life altering event. Every child has a right to more than just an existence in a poverty household where he wasn't even wanted. Every child has a right to be loved, wanted, well cared for and given the opportunity to achieve his or her potential.

Forcing women to have babies they can't afford and don't want is no way to achieve that goal. As for "she can always put it up for adoption", tell that to the millions of kids whose parents have had their parental rights terminated and are waiting for "forever homes".

Conservatives only care about babies in the womb. Once they're outside and are real children, they're someone else's problem.

The woman always comes first. She has first priority.

If the pregnancy endangers her life, yes. If not, no. There are two human lives involved. Killing one for convenience is murder.

If you lose your job and your home because your employer fires you for being pregnant it is VERY inconvenient. If you can't afford to take care of your existing children because you've be fired for being pregnant, you're putting their lives at risk, or they have to go into foster care as a result, that's totally irresposible.

I would also point out that 1/3 of all pregnancies end in miscarriage. During times of famines, wars and plagues, miscarriage rates are higher. It's the natural way of ensuring the mother has the best chance of survival during such difficult times.

If it were necessary to our survival that every fertilized egg become a baby, women wouldn't miscarry. Women are the best judges of when is the best time to increase their families. Not you, not the state.

Having a baby shouldn't be treated as a punishment for having sex or the result of failed birth control. Having a baby is a completely life altering event. Every child has a right to more than just an existence in a poverty household where he wasn't even wanted. Every child has a right to be loved, wanted, well cared for and given the opportunity to achieve his or her potential.

Forcing women to have babies they can't afford and don't want is no way to achieve that goal. As for "she can always put it up for adoption", tell that to the millions of kids whose parents have had their parental rights terminated and are waiting for "forever homes".

Conservatives only care about babies in the womb. Once they're outside and are real children, they're someone else's problem.

here's a better idea. If a pregnancy would be inconvenient, DON'T SCREW!. Keep your legs together. Take BC pills, insist that your screwer use a condom, buy a diaphragm.

Murdering an unborn child because your instant pleasure is more important than a human life makes you a poor excuse for a human being.

Without extenuating circumstances, there's no differentiation needed between embryo and fetus. It's a human life, so he/she should be brought to term and then put up for adoption if necessary.

In cases where the mother's life is in danger, rape/incest or the fetus has a severe deformity or disease that would lead to no quality of life, then an abortion could be suitable. Of course all IMO.

Priority should be:

Woman's life, infants life, fertilized egg.

Woman's Choice is not in consideration.

Honestly, if we're talking about LIVES, as opposed to just convenience, I'd say the priority is determined by the pregnant woman, the father/next of kin, and the doctor.

I would not personally save my own life by killing my unborn child, but these blessedly rare occasions are about the only time I sympathize with a woman choosing to terminate her pregnancy.

So you're basically saying that because some embryos spontaneously abort, that makes it okay for us to kill them?

Because by that same logic, you DO realize that everyone eventually dies, and that doesn't justify people killing each other.

So you're basically saying that because some embryos spontaneously abort, that makes it okay for us to kill them?

Because by that same logic, you DO realize that everyone eventually dies, and that doesn't justify people killing each other.

I know someone who just had a successful fertilization therapy and they have 10 embryos left over and they don't want any more children. Is it okay to let them die, or is it murder?

Forum List

Back