Which should have first priority: The woman, the fertilized egg, or the fetus?

Which should have first priority: The woman, the fertilized egg, or the fetus?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is a sincere poll. I would appreciate honest answers. If you're willing, I would also appreciate your reasons. I will not criticize your choice. I would just honestly like to know where USMB posters stand on this issue.

NOTE: I know there are many possible variables, but this poll assumes "typical" circumstances. In other words, this is a superficial poll that assumes "normal/average" circumstances - meaning no rape, incest, health, deformity, financial, or other extenuating issues.

It is not so black and white.

I think in the first trimester the mother right has preference. Make no mistake abortion is still the killing of a baby. Nevertheless I think the mother’s right rule. A women should have the right to kill her baby for whatever reason. Furthermore, I think free Gov abortion clinic should be run ghetto and Indian reservations.

In the second & third trimester I think the right shifts to the baby, unless there birth defects detected or the mother’s life is in danger.

However free tax payer funded late term abortions should still be available to all minorities.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

The majority will say the women is more important, it's when abortion is used as an easy out for someone who doesn't want to take responsibility for adult actions, that is when the majority of us take issue. Having sex can cause babies Abortion as a contraceptive is an abhorrent procedure.

The right continues to feed this false notion that abortion is an easy out for promiscuous women despite all reasonable evidence to the contrary. The thing that boggles the mind for me is that even in cases where this is true, which is a small fraction of the abortions performed, why would you want to force such an immature, selfish and uncaring person to become a parent? Do you think that forcing such a person to become a parent will suddenly change them into a living responsible adult who will take good care of the baby?

I want children to have a loving caring family. The right calls them a "consequence". Babies deserve so much more than to be deemed a "consequence" of immoral behaviour.

The same right wingers who oppose abortion, oppose maternity leave, job protections for pregnant women, mandated sex education and unfettered access to birth control - all things that reduce abortions in other be first world countries.

Right wingers go on and on about innocent lives lost while decrying those who have babies they are in no position to support financially or raise properly. But it all comes down to the right wingers belief that women's sexuality must be controlled. That a woman who has sex for pleasure, even if it's with her husband, is be a wanton be slut who should be punished.

Women have first priority!

then explain why when a pregnant woman is killed, the killer is charged with two counts of murder. Doesn't matter how far along the pregnancy was, two lives were taken, according to the laws of every state in the USA.

This is a sincere poll. I would appreciate honest answers. If you're willing, I would also appreciate your reasons. I will not criticize your choice. I would just honestly like to know where USMB posters stand on this issue.

NOTE: I know there are many possible variables, but this poll assumes "typical" circumstances. In other words, this is a superficial poll that assumes "normal/average" circumstances - meaning no rape, incest, health, deformity, financial, or other extenuating issues.

I think in the first trimester the mother right has preference. Make no mistake abortion is still the killing of a baby. Nevertheless I think the mother’s right rule. A women should have the right to kill her baby for whatever reason. Furthermore, I think free Gov abortion clinic should be run ghetto and Indian reservations.

In the second & third trimester I think the right shifts to the baby, unless there birth defects detected or the mother’s life is in danger.

However free tax payer funded late term abortions should still be available to all minorities.

your opinion is very racist. you and Margaret Sanger want to kill the unborn children of minorities. She called blacks, human weeds. Do you share her view on that?

The majority will say the women is more important, it's when abortion is used as an easy out for someone who doesn't want to take responsibility for adult actions, that is when the majority of us take issue. Having sex can cause babies Abortion as a contraceptive is an abhorrent procedure.

The right continues to feed this false notion that abortion is an easy out for promiscuous women despite all reasonable evidence to the contrary. The thing that boggles the mind for me is that even in cases where this is true, which is a small fraction of the abortions performed, why would you want to force such an immature, selfish and uncaring person to become a parent? Do you think that forcing such a person to become a parent will suddenly change them into a living responsible adult who will take good care of the baby?

I want children to have a loving caring family. The right calls them a "consequence". Babies deserve so much more than to be deemed a "consequence" of immoral behaviour.

The same right wingers who oppose abortion, oppose maternity leave, job protections for pregnant women, mandated sex education and unfettered access to birth control - all things that reduce abortions in other be first world countries.

Right wingers go on and on about innocent lives lost while decrying those who have babies they are in no position to support financially or raise properly. But it all comes down to the right wingers belief that women's sexuality must be controlled. That a woman who has sex for pleasure, even if it's with her husband, is be a wanton be slut who should be punished.

it has nothing to do with sex for pleasure or procreation. It has to do with personal responsibility. If you aren't in a position to care for a child-----------don't screw! or use proper protection when screwing. Take responsibility for your actions, it is not the government's role to bail you out for bad decisions or lack of responsibility.

it has nothing to do with sex for pleasure or procreation. It has to do with personal responsibility. If you aren't in a position to care for a child-----------don't screw! or use proper protection when screwing. Take responsibility for your actions, it is not the government's role to bail you out for bad decisions or lack of responsibility.

Because abstinence has been so effective in reducing unwanted pregnancies? Said no person with half a brain ever!

Expecting poor married couples to eschew sex because they can’t afford another baby is beyond ridiculous. Denying your husband sex is grounds for divorce in many states.

Try coming up with a realistic solution.

Because abstinence has been so effective in reducing unwanted pregnancies? Said no person with half a brain ever!

Expecting poor married couples to eschew sex because they can’t afford another baby is beyond ridiculous. Denying your husband sex is grounds for divorce in many states.

free condoms. problem solved.

The majority will say that? How do you know? And WHY would they?

Hmmm. Exactly what is it about the first trimester that you think somehow conveys an ultimate and pre-eminent right to kill a baby? Also, why exactly should taxpayers fund abortions for anyone, let alone ghetto dwellers and American aborigines?

And if one is accepting that there is ever a right to kill a baby, why is it that suddenly that right is less valid in the second and third trimester? And why is it that that right is only less valid for white people? What is it about non-white people that entitles them to rights others don't have? What ever happened to "equal protection under the law"?

Yes, because the lack of condom usage is because the damned things are just too expensive. OBVIOUSLY the problem here is that no one is giving them away, and they're just so damned difficult to lay hands on.

Yes, because the lack of condom usage is because the damned things are just too expensive. OBVIOUSLY the problem here is that no one is giving them away, and they're just so damned difficult to lay hands on.

the problem is that we have developed a culture where no one is responsible for their acts. The Steinle verdict in SFO is a perfect example, and a disgrace to the US legal system.

The issues here for me are this.

1) There are far too many people on this planet.
2) If kids are going to be brought into this world, we should give them a decent shot at it. No point bringing someone into the world just to put up with misery their whole life.
3) Once a child comes into this world, they're a part of the world. People have emotional attachments towards them that are far harder to deal with than those of fetuses. If an individual doesn't feel that attachment to the fetus, then it's their choice.
4) about 75% of fetuses end up being aborted naturally anyway. If there were god (because abortion seems to be a religious issue) and this god wanted people to be alive, he wouldn't have given all these diseases and he wouldn't have made most pregnancies end in natural abortion before the mother even knows it.

This about sums it up...

DgvGmorU0AYKNGP.jpg

Ultimately, the responsibility for fertilizing an egg is that of the two people who have sex in such a way that this could occur. It could easily be avoided. At the same time, it is no concern of the state that these people do or do not avoid fertilization of an egg and it is up to the female carrying the egg to determine what happens with her body.
There is no parallel, no other question equivalent to this. In no other case would people propose legal interference in the bodily functions inside another person.
The decision is the woman's; it can be no other in any society that has liberty in its vocabulary.

Forum List

Back