Which should have first priority: The woman, the fertilized egg, or the fetus?

Which should have first priority: The woman, the fertilized egg, or the fetus?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Now that Kennedy has announced his retirement - we must fight hard to protect Roe v. Wade from being overturned by a radical right-wing SCOTUS.

Anthony Kennedy Announces Retirement From The Supreme Court

Unfortunately, I fear that there will be a serious attack on Americans' rights. We will end up with "free states" and "slave states" once again, the destruction of religious freedom, the establishment of a theocracy run by the worst among us, and a great big backlash.

Now that Kennedy has announced his retirement - we must fight hard to protect Roe v. Wade from being overturned by a radical right-wing SCOTUS.

Unfortunately, I fear that there will be a serious attack on Americans' rights. We will end up with "free states" and "slave states" once again, the destruction of religious freedom, the establishment of a theocracy run by the worst among us, and a great big backlash.

You really going to be hooked into this bullshit.

Roe is meaningless and you'll be able to all the abortions you want.

How is it that you people think this country can fall apart over one SCOTUS nominee.

How is it that you people think this country can fall apart over one SCOTUS nominee.

The ensuing risk of loss of Americans' rights. As I said, a pattern of "free states" and "slave states" will emerge. Once the government takes over a person's rights to control her/his own body and establishes a state religion to which all of us are compelled to adhere, what else will be destroyed next.

The ensuing risk of loss of Americans' rights. As I said, a pattern of "free states" and "slave states" will emerge. Once the government takes over a person's rights to control her/his own body and establishes a state religion to which all of us are compelled to adhere, what else will be destroyed next.

What ensuing risk of what rights.

The 10th amendment allows for differences in states.

46 states had laws against abortion but people were still killing off fetuses at the rate of a million a year.

There were no slave states then.

You guys have to get a better argument than this.

You are getting even more stupid.

Really really stupid.

Toobin knows better.

Live in Kansas...can't get an abortion ? Go to Colorado where it will be legal.

Most "Bans" will have all kinds of outs.

There were a million abortions before Roe.......

Moron.

Dear Marie Antoinette: How many people have the means to travel to a free state if they live in a slave state to have a safe procedure instead of a back-alley botch job? You are being highly unrealistic. Look at what the Irish were forced to do, travel to England at a cost many could not afford. "Let them eat cake" doesn't cut it.

Really really stupid.

Toobin knows better.

Moron.

Dear Marie Antoinette: How many people have the means to travel to a free state if they live in a slave state to have a safe procedure instead of a back-alley botch job? You are being highly unrealistic. Look at what the Irish were forced to do, travel to England at a cost many could not afford. "Let them eat cake" doesn't cut it.

Dear Saul Alinsky.

Bullshit.

The myth of the back alley job is alive and well in the minds of the frantic left.

There were a million abortions before Roe and that number hardly changed afterwards.

Keep it up Saul.

5b3432711a0000c704ce2cba.jpeg

If abortion is made illegal again? “We’d use a coat hanger, like our grandmothers did.”

We Already Know What A Post-Roe World Looks Like

Scary.

If abortion is made illegal again? “We’d use a coat hanger, like our grandmothers did.”

Scary.

Are you ignorant or do you just need to post bullshit to feel better.

The Pre-Roe world saw 1 million abortions a year. That didn't change must after Roe.

At least 30 states will make abortion legal.

Is this the best you have ?
Then why do you want to end Roe v Wade?

Please show me where I said that I did.

This is a sincere poll. I would appreciate honest answers. If you're willing, I would also appreciate your reasons. I will not criticize your choice. I would just honestly like to know where USMB posters stand on this issue.

NOTE: I know there are many possible variables, but this poll assumes "typical" circumstances. In other words, this is a superficial poll that assumes "normal/average" circumstances - meaning no rape, incest, health, deformity, financial, or other extenuating issues.

I don't have a vagina do you?

Scary.

Are you ignorant or do you just need to post bullshit to feel better.

The Pre-Roe world saw 1 million abortions a year. That didn't change must after Roe.

At least 30 states will make abortion legal.

Is this the best you have ?
Then why do you want to end Roe v Wade?

Translation ~ you are all girls ?

This is a sincere poll. I would appreciate honest answers. If you're willing, I would also appreciate your reasons. I will not criticize your choice. I would just honestly like to know where USMB posters stand on this issue.

NOTE: I know there are many possible variables, but this poll assumes "typical" circumstances. In other words, this is a superficial poll that assumes "normal/average" circumstances - meaning no rape, incest, health, deformity, financial, or other extenuating issues.

The issues here for me are this.

1) There are far too many people on this planet.
2) If kids are going to be brought into this world, we should give them a decent shot at it. No point bringing someone into the world just to put up with misery their whole life.
3) Once a child comes into this world, they're a part of the world. People have emotional attachments towards them that are far harder to deal with than those of fetuses. If an individual doesn't feel that attachment to the fetus, then it's their choice.
4) about 75% of fetuses end up being aborted naturally anyway. If there were god (because abortion seems to be a religious issue) and this god wanted people to be alive, he wouldn't have given all these diseases and he wouldn't have made most pregnancies end in natural abortion before the mother even knows it.

There are not too many people on the planet....in fact, Europe isn't replacing it's population....in fact, as nations become wealthy, their people have fewer children....

What ensuing risk of what rights.

The 10th amendment allows for differences in states.

46 states had laws against abortion but people were still killing off fetuses at the rate of a million a year.

There were no slave states then.

You guys have to get a better argument than this.

No state has a right to violate a right held by an individual pursuant to the U.S. Constitution. One's body is not the property of the state. One's choice of religion, if any, is not to be encroached upon by the state. One's right to privacy is not to be encroached upon by the state.

All of these rights are being threatened, and, thus liberty is being threatened.

Nazism and theocratic dictatorship should not be allowed to take hold in our nation.

Really really stupid.

Toobin knows better.

Moron.

Dear Saul Alinsky.

Bullshit.

The myth of the back alley job is alive and well in the minds of
the frantic left.

There were a million abortions before Roe and that number hardly changed afterwards.

Keep it up Saul.

It's no myth, moron. You cannot ignore history. You are just trying to shove your religion down other Americans' throats and up our genitals. The state has no legitimate interest in citizens' personal lives. We women are not second class citizens, regardless of what sicko ideas some of you have.

Life begins at conception. If it begins it was God's will...and so the fertilized egg has first priority. If woman does not want the child...put it up for adoption.
Rape is God's will?

Your God. Not mine.

Forum List

Back