Which US President had the most months of below 6% unemployment?

By the way,
Bush
January 2001 employed 135,999,000
January 2009 employed 142,099,000
added jobs in 8 years 6,100,000
average of jobs per year 762,500
Obama
May 2013 employed 143,898,000
added jobs in 4.41 yrs 1,799,000
average of jobs per year 407,936

By the way, you are spreading outright lies.

Bush, total jobs created in 8 years: Negative 673,000

Obama created more private sector jobs in his first 6 months, than bush did during his entire presidency.

private-sector-jobs-021.png

no, thinkprogress is spreading outright lies. I used the figures from the archived employment situation reports. Household data, dear. A prime example of why not to believe anything you read from a bias source.

Last edited:
Obama would have not invaded a country that had nothing to do with the 9/11/01 Terrorist Attacks wasting hundreds of billions of dollars and costing thousands of lives in the process.

That's pretty much a given.

Had Obama lost in 08, we'd still be there.

As for the economic collapse, Bush's administration had a large hand in that through refusing to regulate the banking industry so no points there.

You are right! Obama would NOT have authorized EVEN though Congress passed legislation based on the broken 1991 Cease Fire that your friend Saddam did after signing the 1991 Cease fire!
You are right that Obama would have continued the sanctions that were starving 50,000 Iraqis a year because Obama couldn't say no to Saddam who would be laughing all the time at the bowing and scraping forgiveness Obama!
You are right! Obama would have blamed Americans for being such supporters of Israel and blame Israel for firing back in response to the 1,000s of missiles fired on them!
You are right! Obama wouldn't care that the people of Mesopotamia.. legendary Biblical Garden of Eden was being destroyed ecologically by Saddam in retribution for the 500,000
people that opposed him!
You are right! Obama would blame our military .. after all as a Senator he said that our military methodically and systematically were "air-raiding villages and killing civilians" ALL THE TIME!!

You are right. Obama has NO respect for keeping agreements or promises! SO Yes... 50,000 people a year would starve!
You are right. Obama would be just as you are, "OK" with Saddam's sons Uday and Qusay Hussein used electric drills on people while cutting out their tongues?
The inhumane reign of Saddam Hussein: Pt. 5 - The London Times + (UK free press)

You are right! Obama would have done NOTHING to help starving people, 28 million people have free elections.. (Obama admired Saddam for getting 100% of the votes)!

I see that the conservative syndrome of hearing what you want to hear continues unabated.

You must have been pissed that Reagan didn't invade Russia, can you answer that truthfully? Russia didn't have free elections and starving people. So by your logic, we should have invaded Russia back in the 1980's right?

Yes or no.

I own you. The way I know it is because you can't answer, honestly. It's okay, you're a conservative and honesty isn't your strong suit.

Guess that shut him up.

By the way,
Bush
January 2001 employed 135,999,000
added jobs in 8 years 6,100,000
average of jobs per year 762,500
Obama
May 2013 employed 143,898,000
added jobs in 4.41 yrs 1,799,000
average of jobs per year 407,936

Obama created more private sector jobs in his first 6 months, than bush did during his entire presidency.

no, thinkprogress is spreading outright lies. I used the figures from the archived employment situation reports. Household data, dear. A prime example of why not to believe anything you read from a bias source.

Bush didn't leave office with a total of negative 673,000 jobs? :cuckoo:

If you think otherwise, you must be some brainwashed moron, or "the archived employment situation reports" is actually "A bunch of shit made up by Beck that I like because I'm a stupid right wing moron that believes anything my masters tell me"

Except the alternative measures under Reagan were completely different. The U6 under Reagan was unemployed looking for full-time work plus 1/2 of the Unemployed looking for part time work plus 1/2 of those working part-time for economic reasons as a percent of the Labor Force minus 1/2 the part time labor force.

The U6 since 1994 is Unemployed plus marginally attached plus part-time for economic reasons as a percent of the Labor Force plus marginally attached.

All the changes to unemployment calculations is why you can't use that stupid number as a comparison. The best comparison is the employment to population ratio because it has not been changed & unemployed people don't just disappear from that. The EMRATIO chart I posted proves Reagan, Bush-1 & Clinton created a lot of jobs.

That is a bad comparison as well though, at least in raw data terms. The end goal is not necessarily to have the highest percentage of people in the workforce. If people are economically secure AND they are able to have one worker in the household then we are far better off if it takes two people working in the household for the same amount of ‘wealth.’

There is some merit in using data that only counts those looking for work and that is a good gauge on how difficult it is to find that work.

Of course, unemployment numbers in general are almost meaningless alone. That is but one figure in a sea of other data.

Pap Bush was by far the most effective, most strategic-thinking president after IKE.

Plus he had actually worked with some real conservatives.
And as quick as he took the oath he began to undo voodoo economic policy.
For which NeoCon scum bailed on him when Perot surfaced.

No recent president is in the same world.

The topic is most months below 6%!

Facts are stubborn things. Statistics are far more pliable.

Obama would have not invaded a country that had nothing to do with the 9/11/01 Terrorist Attacks wasting hundreds of billions of dollars and costing thousands of lives in the process.

As for the economic collapse, Bush's administration had a large hand in that through refusing to regulate the banking industry so no points there.

Had Obama lost in ’08 nothing in Iraq would likely be different. We did not even leave because Obama, we left because we could not obtain another SOFA, something that Obama was trying to get.

By the way, they might tell you that we are not there but that is bullshit. We are STILL there, just in a smaller force.

The whole "It's all Frank's fault!" is downright laughable and one of the biggest jokes of an excuse from those on the far right.

W and the GOP implemented their "less regulation!" policies on the big bankers, allowing them to run wild giving out predatory loans.

The same thing happened with big oil when W and the GOP approved the deep sea drilling that caused the Gulf oil spill disaster.

How did Nancy and Reid do on their oversight of the economy, employment, purse strings and what turned out to be the "housing bubble" after they took over the House and Senate the last 2 years of the Bush Presidency in your opinion?

Do you really believe Bush wanted the Gulf oil disaster?

They did excellent to stop W and the GOP garbage in their tracks from their out of control spending and destruction of the county. If they didn't take over when they did, the nation would likely be in complete shambles.

Also yes, W ignored warnings about the dangers of deep sea drilling, but didn't care and let his big oil cronies run wild just like the bankers.

The housing market crash and the gulf oil spill are two perfect examples of what happens when the GOP gets their way with letting the big corporations do whatever the hell they feel like doing.

And in other news, mars spontaneously exploded – Republicans to blame. Hear it all later on MSNBC….

Contrary to your little black and white world, not everything is due to the republicans. Most of it is due to a completely complicit and uniform 2 party system where both sides work to do the same damn shit.

Bush didn't leave office with a total of negative 673,000 jobs? :cuckoo:

If you think otherwise, you must be some brainwashed moron, or "the archived employment situation reports" is actually "A bunch of shit made up by Beck that I like because I'm a stupid right wing moron that believes anything my masters tell me"

oh, really? Since my source is the government, you might want to rethink that...

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/history/empsit_02022001.txt
page 3 Jan 2001 Employment 135,999,000
http://www.bls.gov/news.release/archives/empsit_02062009.pdf
page 2 Jan 2009 Employment 142,099,000
http://www.bls.gov/news.release/archives/empsit_06072013.pdf
page 4 May 2013 143,898,000

oh, really? Since my source is the government, you might want to rethink that...

?
Are you adding this properly? This would seems like a relatively simple thing to do no matter how meaningless it is devoid of other factors.

From what you posted, he started 2001 with 135,999,000 and ended with Jan 2009 with 142,099,000.

142,099,000 – 135,999,000 is 6,100,000 POSITIVE JOBS
Ending Jobs---Starting Jobs

Where are you getting the loss from your data?

---------------------------------------------------NEVER MIND--------------------------------------------------
I was confusing the quotes and what you were getting at. I thought you were trying to reinforce
the negative numbers in the graphic – not dispute them.

:redface:

Last edited:

?
Are you adding this properly? This would seems like a relatively simple thing to do no matter how meaningless it is devoid of other factors.

From what you posted, he started 2001 with 135,999,000 and ended with Jan 2009 with 142,099,000.

---------------------------------------------------NEVER MIND--------------------------------------------------
I was confusing the quotes and what you were getting at. I thought you were trying to reinforce

that's ok, at least you were able to verify my numbers for black label. :razz:

Had Obama lost in ’08 nothing in Iraq would likely be different. We did not even leave because Obama, we left because we could not obtain another SOFA, something that Obama was trying to get.

By the way, they might tell you that we are not there but that is bullshit. We are STILL there, just in a smaller force.

Not according to John McCain.

Sorry, those are the facts.

Based on the biggest, most corrupt real estate bubble EVER...How'd that work out? PFFFFT!!

Do you "really" want to know??? I mean, "seriously?" Don't watch this if you don't "REALLY" want to know.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMnSp4qEXNM]Timeline shows Bush, McCain warning Dems of financial and housing crisis; meltdown - YouTube[/ame]

I believe there has been more alarm raised about potential unsafty and unsoundness [of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac] than, in fact, exists."- Barney Frank... 9/25/2003

The more people, in my judgment, exaggerate a threat of safety and soundness, the more people conjure up the possibility of serious financial losses to the Treasury, which I do NOT see. Barney Frank---9/11/ 2003

I want to roll the dice a little bit more in this situation towards subsidized housing."--Barney Frank---9/25/2005

"These two entities--Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac---are not facing any kind of financial crisis." Barney Frank -- 9/11/2003

"Fannie and Freddie are fundamentally sound, they are not in danger of going under----I do think their prospects of going forward are very solid." -- Barney Frank-- 7/14/2008

AA - good catch.

The Bush admin tried to roll back the power of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, Bawwwney was one of the main body shields preventing that.

For anyone who really wants to understand the culprits who created the housing crisis, I highly recommend reading "Reckless Endangerment".

?

Yep, you are one stupid fucking idiot. Did you even read your own links? :lol:

THE EMPLOYMENT SITUATION: JANUARY 2009 Nonfarm payroll employment fell sharply in January (-598,000) and the unemployment rate rose from 7.2 to 7.6 percent, the Bureau of Labor Statistics of the U.S. Department of Labor reported today. Payroll employment has declined by 3.6 million since the start of the recession in December 2007; about one-half of this decline occurred in the past 3 months. In January, job losses were large and wi despread across nearly all major industry sector

Manufacturing employment fell by 207,000 in January, the largest 1-month decline since October 1982.
In January, durable goods manufacturing lost 157,000 jobs, with notable decreases in fabricated metal products
(-37,000), motor vehicles and parts (-31,000), and machinery (-22,000). Employment in nondurable goods manufacturing declined by 50,000 over the month

The private sector got absolutely destroyed under W and the GOP, though as usual and I predicted, right wing hacks like yourself just look at what you want to see, make up lies, and ignore the truth.
Look at the statistics for the private sector, your supposed excuse for "job creation" are government jobs W was creating left and right to try and save face like expanding on his huge government DHS and TSA, "fluff" positions to their cronies, and other taxpayer wasting BS.

The only jobs W and the GOP could create, were government jobs by using taxpayer funds to bankroll their huge government oversight organizations.

Last edited:
They did excellent to stop W and the GOP garbage in their tracks from their out of control spending and destruction of the county. If they didn't take over when they did, the nation would likely be in complete shambles.

Also yes, W ignored warnings about the dangers of deep sea drilling, but didn't care and let his big oil cronies run wild just like the bankers.

The housing market crash and the gulf oil spill are two perfect examples of what happens when the GOP gets their way with letting the big corporations do whatever the hell they feel like doing.

I find you quite delusional and happy to be so...I'll just move along.

Please do, it was fun to put you in your place :up:

See what I mean....delusional....:uhoh3:

Not according to John McCain.

Sorry, those are the facts.

Unfortunately candy, they are not the fact. They are imaginations and quotes. What ACTUALLY happened was the SOFA ended, Obama TRIED to extend it and he completely failed. McCain would have been no more successful as the Iraqis were asking for something that was not tenable.

AA - good catch.

The Bush admin tried to roll back the power of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, Bawwwney was one of the main body shields preventing that.

For anyone who really wants to understand the culprits who created the housing crisis, I highly recommend reading "Reckless Endangerment".

Bush still did fuel the fire by pushing home ownership and implementing the American Dream Down-payment Act, with the help of artificially low interest rates from his political buddy Alan Greenspan.

He is still partially to blame.

?

Yep, you are one stupid fucking idiot. Did you even read your own links? :lol:

THE EMPLOYMENT SITUATION: JANUARY 2009 Nonfarm payroll employment fell sharply in January (-598,000) and the unemployment rate rose from 7.2 to 7.6 percent, the Bureau of Labor Statistics of the U.S. Department of Labor reported today. Payroll employment has declined by 3.6 million since the start of the recession in December 2007; about one-half of this decline occurred in the past 3 months. In January, job losses were large and wi despread across nearly all major industry sector

Manufacturing employment fell by 207,000 in January, the largest 1-month decline since October 1982.
In January, durable goods manufacturing lost 157,000 jobs, with notable decreases in fabricated metal products
(-37,000), motor vehicles and parts (-31,000), and machinery (-22,000). Employment in nondurable goods manufacturing declined by 50,000 over the month

The private sector got absolutely destroyed under W and the GOP, though as usual and I predicted, right wing hacks like yourself just look at what you want to see, make up lies, and ignore the truth.
Look at the statistics for the private sector, your supposed excuse for "job creation" are government jobs W was creating left and right to try and save face like expanding on his huge government DHS and TSA, "fluff" positions to their cronies, and other taxpayer wasting BS.

The only jobs W and the GOP could create, were government jobs by using taxpayer funds to bankroll their huge government oversight organizations.
So, you want to look at B data, rather than total jobs. Well, sure , it looks like that BUT
Let's look at the number that is used to show participation rate as well as unemployment rates first shall we?

Jan 2001
total employed 135,999,000
total non farm 132,129,000
diff of actual empl 3,870,000
not in government but not included in private sector numbers
yet are employed

Jan 2009
total employed 142,099,000
total non farm 134,580,000
diff of actual empl 7,519,000
yet are employed

May 2013
total employed 143,898,000
total non farm 135,637,000
diff of actual empl 8,216,000
yet are employed

total employed numbers are taken from table A
total nonfarm are taken from table b

so, by your sources trying to manipulate the numbers they are ignoring all these others that are employed to come to a conclusion they like, rather than the truth.

Table B-

The Current Employment Statistics survey, also known as the payroll survey, excludes unpaid family workers, domestic workers in private homes, agricultural workers, proprietors, and other self-employed persons, all of whom are covered by the CPS.

9/11 was irrelevant to the necessity of removing SADDAM from power in Iraq. The sanctions and weapons embargo put on SADDAM's regime in the early 1990s had by 2002 crumbled and SADDAM was selling Billions of dollars of oil through the black market. France, China and Russia were all ignoring and violating the sanctions with Saddam for their own reasons. China was providing military assistance to Saddam improving his air defense systems and introducing fiber optics for better communications making it easier for SADDAM to target US fighter planes patrolling the no fly zones.

To continue on with that situation would simply lead to Saddam regaining his past capabilities to threaten the region and would make any attempt to stop him in the future far more costly in terms of blood and treasure.

Saddam had to be removed in 2003 to protect the vital persian gulf oil and natural gas supplies that the global economy depends on. Removing Saddam in 2003 saved lives and prevented a far worse conflict in the future.

In terms of the withdrawal from Iraq, the Bush administration set the end date of 2011 before Obama was even elected President. President Obama had NOTHING to do with when US troops were withdrawn from Iraq.

As for Bush and the economy, Bush was not responsible for deregulation. Its true the Bush administration did not succeed in reigning in deregulation, but that was not all their fault.

Last edited:
Which U.S. President had the most months of below 6% unemployment?

ANSWER: George W. Bush - During the 96 months that George Bush was president, 83 of those months saw the country experience unemployment that was below 6%. No other President in U.S. history has a higher total! In second and third place are Eisenhower with 79 and Clinton with 76.

Yes.

2 wars.

Interest rates at zero.

And a housing bubble..will do that.

Forum List

Back