Whistle blowers

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Are they dirty traitors or heroes shining a light in the darkness ?

Or a bit of both ?

My view.

Power corrupts and the powerful lie to us. They all do it.
Whistle blowers should be protected when they expose those lies.

Are they dirty traitors or heroes shining a light in the darkness ?

Or a bit of both ?

My view.

Power corrupts and the powerful lie to us. They all do it.
Whistle blowers should be protected when they expose those lies.

Power doesn't corrupt all and all powerful people don't lie. They are as individual as the posters here.

I guess that the op would not mind the NSA easedropping on his conversations.

I guess that the op would not mind the NSA easedropping on his conversations.

If I, or anybody else was talking to a Russian operative, I would expect it.

I thought is WAS normal procedure. Makes sense to me. Hell my bank and others play a recoeding saying the call may be recorded or listened to for quality assurance. How about national security?
And... Mother Teresa was one of the most powerful women on the planet... was she corrupt?

@OP Its always been a bit of both. Is it illegal, usually, do the people have the right to know, usually. It's a gray area.

As for the debate of if they should be charged with a crime or not, that depends entirely on what side of the "issue" one is on. There's no answer because each side will say whatever best fits their "agenda" or "buddy."

I don't have an answer. I want to know the truth even if it's against my "agenda/wishes" but then I also know it's typically illegally gotten so there's usually a law broken. I've never been able to answer that question.

Last edited:
Its always been a bit of both. Is it illegal, usually, do the people have the right to know, usually. It's a gray area.

As for the debate of if they should be charged with a crime or not, that depends entirely on what side of the "issue" one is on. There's no answer because each side will say whatever best fits their "agenda" or "buddy."

I don't have an answer. I want to know the truth even if it's against my "agenda/wishes" but then I also know it's typically illegally gotten so there's usually a law broken. I've never been able to answer that question.

Known foreign government representatives conversations with anyone in the US have always been monitored, and I'm glad they are. I would guess that would be covered with the Patriot Act, and probably other ways too.

Its always been a bit of both. Is it illegal, usually, do the people have the right to know, usually. It's a gray area.

Known foreign government representatives conversations with anyone in the US have always been monitored, and I'm glad they are. I would guess that would be covered with the Patriot Act, and probably other ways too.

What conversation are you in? This thread is about whistle blowers...

What conversation are you in? This thread is about whistle blowers...

At least half of the conversation so far on this thread is about legality of monitoring phone calls.

It'S WHAT I'M SAYING DAMMIT! criescriescries

Can take some courage to come forward. There is whistle blower protection now in the UK but its a bit hit and miss.

I think there are federal laws to protect them here.

Forum List

Back