White House delays employer mandate requirement until 2015

Antares

A Rooincarnation
Nov 7, 2012
Omaha
The Obama administration will not penalize businesses that do not provide health insurance in 2014, the Treasury Department announced Tuesday.

Instead, it will delay enforcement of a major Affordable Care Act requirement that all employers with more than 50 employees provide coverage to their workers until 2015.

The administration said it would postpone the provision after hearing significant concerns from employers about the challenges of implementing it.

“We have heard concerns about the complexity of the requirements and the need for more time to implement them effectively,” Mark Mazur, Assistant Secretary for Tax Policy, wrote in a late Tuesday blog post. “We recognize that the vast majority of businesses that will need to do this reporting already provide health insurance to their workers, and we want to make sure it is easy for others to do so.”

The Affordable Care Act requires all employers with more than 50 full-time workers provide health insurance or pay steep fines. That policy had raised concerns about companies downsizing their workforce or cutting workers’ hours in order to dodge the new mandate.

In delaying the enforcement of that rule, the White House sidesteps those challenges for one year. It is also the second significant interruption for the Affordable Care Act, following a one-year delay on key functions of the small business insurance marketplaces.

Together, the moves could draw criticism that the administration will not be able to put into effect its signature legislative accomplishment on schedule.

White House delays employer mandate requirement until 2015 | Wonkblog

Golly Mr. O.......why?

The water is coming to boil too fast, gotta' dial it back some.

2014 Elections ya' know.

The DNC was smelling like an outhouse with all the dimwit dems shitting themselves over the 2014 elections.

Horse patoot, hater dupes. This does away with the penalties, actually tiny, that Pub fear mongers have scared the hell out of people with. Obama himself never wanted them, or mandates for that matter- thought it would succeed on its own merits...Sorry, chumps LOL...

and are we all hearing how the likes of Howard Dean and Joe Trippi have been lieing over why the white house is postponing this? Howard Dean is our current Scarecrow from the Wizard of OZ, he looks and acts just like him.

The Obama administration will not penalize businesses that do not provide health insurance in 2014, the Treasury Department announced Tuesday.

Instead, it will delay enforcement of a major Affordable Care Act requirement that all employers with more than 50 employees provide coverage to their workers until 2015.

The administration said it would postpone the provision after hearing significant concerns from employers about the challenges of implementing it.

“We have heard concerns about the complexity of the requirements and the need for more time to implement them effectively,” Mark Mazur, Assistant Secretary for Tax Policy, wrote in a late Tuesday blog post. “We recognize that the vast majority of businesses that will need to do this reporting already provide health insurance to their workers, and we want to make sure it is easy for others to do so.”

The Affordable Care Act requires all employers with more than 50 full-time workers provide health insurance or pay steep fines. That policy had raised concerns about companies downsizing their workforce or cutting workers’ hours in order to dodge the new mandate.

In delaying the enforcement of that rule, the White House sidesteps those challenges for one year. It is also the second significant interruption for the Affordable Care Act, following a one-year delay on key functions of the small business insurance marketplaces.

Together, the moves could draw criticism that the administration will not be able to put into effect its signature legislative accomplishment on schedule.

Golly Mr. O.......why?
So that key part of Obamacare won't go into effect until after the 2014 midterms interesting.

$130.jpg

$757.jpg

$54d.jpg

I may lose friends over this President and his lying. The same idiots that elected this no experience unproved fool want to replace him with another...Hillary. Hillary that has not one accomplishment to her name. Not one thing that stands out, except Benghazi.

How can we fix Obamacare?

First of all we have to know what is wrong with Obamacare. I for one do not know. I know how it effects me. When I took the job I am now in I was promised 3 years of health care after retirement. I went from a job that gave anywhere from 15 years of sponsored group health care. I am on the job for 6 months and Obamacare get crammed down our throat in the middle of the night. The company now says that after 2014 there will be NO health care for retirees they can buy it on Obamacare exchanges. I asked HR what that meant....they said they didn't know. They didn't know. A life changing event and they have no idea what Obama has done to the retirees or what they are doing to retirees. I guess the writing is on the wall, work until you drop.

Golly Mr. O.......why?

It couldn't possibly be because there is an election in 2014, could it?

this will backlash bigtime, the next debacle will be those who will bitch "What About The Rest Of Us"? in regards to those who are being forced to buy into the scam. so some businesses get wavers, those who will be forced to buy don't?

The only waivers after Jan 1 are unions', until their contracts end...

This does away with the penalties, actually tiny, that Pub fear mongers have scared the hell out of people with. Obama himself never wanted them, or mandates for that matter- thought it would succeed on its own merits...Sorry, chumps LOL...

Any problems are caused by Pub fear mongering or obstruction. Kiss your azz goodbye in 2014....

The only waivers after Jan 1 are unions', until their contracts end...

This does away with the penalties, actually tiny, that Pub fear mongers have scared the hell out of people with. Obama himself never wanted them, or mandates for that matter- thought it would succeed on its own merits...Sorry, chumps LOL...

Any problems are caused by Pub fear mongering or obstruction. Kiss your azz goodbye in 2014....

:puke:

Forum List

Back