White House delays employer mandate requirement until 2015

I may lose friends over this President and his lying. The same idiots that elected this no experience unproved fool want to replace him with another...Hillary. Hillary that has not one accomplishment to her name. Not one thing that stands out, except Benghazi.

Welcome to the wonderful world of "liberalism". It ALWAYS takes from the bottom of the barrel. Always.

Sure Hillary "The Wide" has accomplishments. She got Vince Foster killed, then she made damned sure that her "good friend" was murdered in Benghazi.

Liberals......what a bunch of dumbasses....:cuckoo:

Knowing that it is going to cause more problems than what they anticipated, so they are moving it again. they knew there was going to be problems, that is why they cheated the system the way they did.

Knowing that it is going to cause more problems than what they anticipated, so they are moving it again. they knew there was going to be problems, that is why they cheated the system the way they did.

I said this when the SCOTUS "legislated" from the bench and I'll say it again. The ACA will NEVER be fully implemented. In fact, at the rate it's going, it will be lucky (for you commies) if it doesn't get thrown out in it's entirety (which it should) in the next 2-5 years.

Now that "we've passed the bill to see what's in the bill" - no one (and I mean even liberals) wants to touch this boondoggle with a 10 foot pole. Way to go Nancy!! What a friggin idiot..

I said this when the SCOTUS "legislated" from the bench and I'll say it again. The ACA will NEVER be fully implemented. In fact, at the rate it's going, it will be lucky (for you commies) if it doesn't get thrown out in it's entirety (which it should) in the next 2-5 years.

Now that "we've passed the bill to see what's in the bill" - no one (and I mean even liberals) wants to touch this boondoggle with a 10 foot pole. Way to go Nancy!! What a friggin idiot..

We're currently spending $100 Billion on Americans without healthcare, many of the them are employed, such as the $1 billion/yr taxpayer expenditure on Walmart employees.

Gives us an answer on that.

We're currently spending $100 Billion on Americans without healthcare, many of the them are employed, such as the $1 billion/yr taxpayer expenditure on Walmart employees.

Gives us an answer on that.

Sure, be glad to. Go get a job that has decent benefits rather than bitch and moan. It's NOT the job of government to "take care" of anyone.

Take that commie crap somewhere else. I'm a 68 year old black man. I've never been without healthcare one day for me and my family. Never once.

I have no sympathy for anyone who fails to provide for their family. None.

Horse patoot, hater dupes. This does away with the penalties, actually tiny, that Pub fear mongers have scared the hell out of people with. Obama himself never wanted them, or mandates for that matter- thought it would succeed on its own merits...Sorry, chumps LOL...

Wow you're still a dumbass......yeah WE wanted the penalties.....get your head out of your ass.

The Obama administration will not penalize businesses that do not provide health insurance in 2014, the Treasury Department announced Tuesday.

Instead, it will delay enforcement of a major Affordable Care Act requirement that all employers with more than 50 employees provide coverage to their workers until 2015.

The administration said it would postpone the provision after hearing significant concerns from employers about the challenges of implementing it.

“We have heard concerns about the complexity of the requirements and the need for more time to implement them effectively,” Mark Mazur, Assistant Secretary for Tax Policy, wrote in a late Tuesday blog post. “We recognize that the vast majority of businesses that will need to do this reporting already provide health insurance to their workers, and we want to make sure it is easy for others to do so.”

The Affordable Care Act requires all employers with more than 50 full-time workers provide health insurance or pay steep fines. That policy had raised concerns about companies downsizing their workforce or cutting workers’ hours in order to dodge the new mandate.

In delaying the enforcement of that rule, the White House sidesteps those challenges for one year. It is also the second significant interruption for the Affordable Care Act, following a one-year delay on key functions of the small business insurance marketplaces.

Together, the moves could draw criticism that the administration will not be able to put into effect its signature legislative accomplishment on schedule.

White House delays employer mandate requirement until 2015 | Wonkblog

Golly Mr. O.......why?
So that key part of Obamacare won't go into effect until after the 2014 midterms interesting.

Interesting?? Not really. The Dems know this POS they passed all on they're own is gonna hurt em.

Kinda sorta think they are remembering the elections where they got asses kicked because folks didn't want the POS THEY passed.

Sure. Lets implement it in 2015 AFTER the elections. Kinda lets you know just how bad the POS THEY passed is beginning to look.

Oh and lets not forget they are trying to exempt themselves and staff from the ACA. That right there speaks volumes about what a REAL POS this bill is.

Last edited:

Just another insult from the folks in DC.

"They won't notice we did this for the midterm elections."

Wow.

and why should the exchanges succeed anyway? has anything passed by this administration worked? you would have to be a fool to think u will get Caddillac or even Yugo Coverage if u buy Obama-Care. If anything, u will find that either your local doctors aren't accepting it, or your local hospital will just tell you to "Take A Number" and wait in line for 3 hours.

Horse patoot, hater dupes. This does away with the penalties, actually tiny, that Pub fear mongers have scared the hell out of people with. Obama himself never wanted them, or mandates for that matter- thought it would succeed on its own merits...Sorry, chumps LOL...

WTF is wrong with you? This bill is ALL OBAMA you can't blame it one anyone but the haters of freedom the Democrat party. Their history is nothing but taking away freedom.

Or have you forgotten that Obamacare was passed in the middle of the night without ONE Republican vote?

No penalties that is a crock. If there are no penalties then I guess the mandates that the SCOTUS voted on did not exist.

If this is such a great law why the delay. Oh yeah they have mid term elections they are afraid of. What an ass wipe Obama is..
The Obama administration will not penalize businesses that do not provide health insurance in 2014, the Treasury Department announced Tuesday.

Instead, it will delay enforcement of a major Affordable Care Act requirement that all employers with more than 50 employees provide coverage to their workers until 2015.

The administration said it would postpone the provision after hearing significant concerns from employers about the challenges of implementing it.

“We have heard concerns about the complexity of the requirements and the need for more time to implement them effectively,” Mark Mazur, Assistant Secretary for Tax Policy, wrote in a late Tuesday blog post. “We recognize that the vast majority of businesses that will need to do this reporting already provide health insurance to their workers, and we want to make sure it is easy for others to do so.”

The Affordable Care Act requires all employers with more than 50 full-time workers provide health insurance or pay steep fines. That policy had raised concerns about companies downsizing their workforce or cutting workers’ hours in order to dodge the new mandate.

In delaying the enforcement of that rule, the White House sidesteps those challenges for one year. It is also the second significant interruption for the Affordable Care Act, following a one-year delay on key functions of the small business insurance marketplaces.

Together, the moves could draw criticism that the administration will not be able to put into effect its signature legislative accomplishment on schedule.

White House delays employer mandate requirement until 2015 | Wonkblog

Golly Mr. O.......why?

This came up in another thread, but I thought it deserved it's own consideration.

Setting aside the obvious politics of this move by the White House, I have an honest question, whether you support Obamacare or not:

Under what authority does the President have to unilaterally suspend part or all of a law?

Is there a clause in the Obamacare law that grants the President the power to delay its implementation? If not, does this mean a future President can decide on his own that a law shall not be enforced? Does the Constitution grant such an Executive power?

Any insight is appreciated.

Forum List

Back