White House delays employer mandate requirement until 2015

January 1 who must comply?

Individuals. And it's common knowledge how your wingnut heroes are gonna make as much hay out of that as possible. Let 'em.

As has already been mentioned, other parts of the law which will help people are not getting delayed.

(smile) You aren't intelligent enough to get to dismiss ANYONE as a wingnut.

So all ANYONE hasw to do is go to the Excgange and say "I have it through my employer" and just like that they get a years reprive from ANY penalty's?

Individuals. And it's common knowledge how your wingnut heroes are gonna make as much hay out of that as possible. Let 'em.

As has already been mentioned, other parts of the law which will help people are not getting delayed.

So all ANYONE hasw to do is go to the Excgange and say "I have it through my employer" and just like that they get a years reprive from ANY penalty's?

Good question. Is that what YOU heard?

The point is this, the LAW said EVERYONE Jan 1 2014.

Like they always do the Admin can't think past his dick.

....and now they've just muddled it further.

It ISN'T going to get any better.

You jumped all over Greenie's defense using the Ca Covered Care...and THEY used bad numbers to mislead everyone into thinking that the Rates would be less.

YOU have no kniwledge of any of this and simply jump on the bandwagon of ANYONE who types anything YOU agree with.

You jumped all over Greenie's defense using the Ca Covered Care...and THEY used bad numbers to mislead everyone into thinking that the Rates would be less.

YOU have no kniwledge of any of this and simply jump on the bandwagon of ANYONE who types anything YOU agree with.

Hmmm, it seems to really chap your hide that Greenbeard ate your lunch. OH well...

In the meantime, it doesn't appear that you have a crystal ball, so I think if whereever I do get my info, it won't be from the likes of you.

Hmmm, it seems to really chap your hide that Greenbeard ate your lunch. OH well...

In the meantime, it doesn't appear that you have a crystal ball, so I think if whereever I do get my info, it won't be from the likes of you.

LMAO

Greenie resorted to reinterpreting the Law to "prove" his view.

The law is there for all to see and Greenie is a shill like yourself...I have been beating him about the head and shoulders for months about his stupidity.

This situation takes the cake. The mandates on businesses was the heart of the whole f...king Obamacare deal. The liberals are nothing but liars. THEY KNOW that the mandates is the hinge that Obamacare rode on when the SCOTUS was debating this POS. Gosh the liberals will defend Obama no matter what. Kill a 16 year old innocent American and they apologize for it by saying he deserved it because he had a bad father. The are despicable people.

Employer Mandate? Never Mind

Review & Outlook: Employer Mandate? Never Mind - WSJ.com

These columns fought the Affordable Care Act from start to passage, and we'd now like to apologize to our readers. It turns out we weren't nearly critical enough. The law's implementation is turning into a fiasco for the ages, and this week's version is the lawless White House decision to delay the law's insurance mandate for businesses, though not for individuals.

The employer mandate is central to ObamaCare's claim of providing universal coverage. Companies with 50 or more "employee equivalents" must pay a $2,000 penalty per full-time employee if they don't provide government-approved health insurance. The provision was supposed to start in January, and delaying it is like Ford saying its electric car is ready to go, except the electric battery doesn't work.

From the above cited article:

Which brings us to the dubious legality of this delay. The Affordable Care Act's Section 1513 states in black-letter law that "(d) Effective Date.—The amendments made by this section shall apply to months beginning after December 31, 2013." It does not say the Administration can impose the mandate whenever it feels it is politically convenient

We need a Reagan we got Nixon. "When the president does it, that means that it is not illegal ...

Last edited:

Hey, genius, without the employers supplying information about insurance there will be no way to enforce the mandate for individuals.

How can we fix Obamacare?

Eliminate it and start focusing on the actual problems in healthcare.. Work on opening up competition, reduce the cost raising issues like bogus lawsuits, open up tax free medical savings accounts for everyone, let people have more choices in levels of insurance coverage...

KEEP GOVERNMENT OUT OF THE BUSINESS OF PROVIDING HEALTHCARE AND HEALTH INSURANCE

The announcement is catnip for Obamacare critics, who are intent on portraying every implementation hiccup as the sound of a law groaning atop a fatally flawed foundation.

The reality is much different. The employer mandate decision does reflect some real problems with the measure itself. But those problems exist at the margins of the law’s core functions. And ironically, the solution will increase the pressure the administration is under to get the core of the law right. But broadly speaking the uproar amounts to much ado about very little.

“[T]here is very little in the ACA that changes the incentives facing employers that already offer coverage to their workers, and fully 96 percent of employers with 50 or more workers already offer today,” write Linda J. Blumberg, John Holahan, and Judy Feder of the Urban Institute. “Competition for labor, the fact that most employees get greater value from the tax exclusion for employer sponsored insurance than they would from exchange-based subsidies, and the introduction of a requirement for individuals to obtain coverage or pay a penalty themselves, are the major factors that will keep the lion’s share of employers continuing to do just what they do today with no requirements in place to do so.”

In other words, even in absence of Obamacare’s $2000-a-head penalty, employers still have very real incentives to offer their employees health benefits. And if the delay will only have a modest impact on the insurance market, then it should also have a modest impact on the law’s fiscal consequences.

The Real Consequences Of The Latest Obamacare Hiccup | TPMDC

:)

why do you think they postponed it?

Where does the Constitution give the President to enforce only the laws he wishes to enforce?

Exactly. If I'm not mistaken, it's against federal law to smoke dope. Period. End of story. Yet folks down in Denver are toking away and this president has decided to do nothing.

Heck, he'll probably take up residence there after he's run off.......

Bush's fault.

Has to be

Obama inherited Obamacare from Bush

Bank ATM fucked up Obamacare

How can we fix Obamacare?

Eliminate it and start focusing on the actual problems in healthcare.. Work on opening up competition, reduce the cost raising issues like bogus lawsuits, open up tax free medical savings accounts for everyone, let people have more choices in levels of insurance coverage...

KEEP GOVERNMENT OUT OF THE BUSINESS OF PROVIDING HEALTHCARE AND HEALTH INSURANCE

Holy shit, someone actually gets it! :clap2:

Forum List

Back