White House pastry chef resigns: Because of the food nazi Michelle

“I don’t want to demonize cream, butter, sugar and eggs,” Yosses said, noting that his departure from the White House is a “bittersweet decision.”
I agree with him. Forcing a world class pastry chef to cook without butter or sugar takes away from his talent. Let the man bake his goodies, that is what he's trained to do. Some of us can only dream of having a world class pastry chef baking goodies for us.

“I don’t want to demonize cream, butter, sugar and eggs,” Yosses said, noting that his departure from the White House is a “bittersweet decision.”
I agree with him. Forcing a world class pastry chef to cook without butter or sugar takes away from his talent. Let the man bake his goodies, that is what he's trained to do. Some of us can only dream of having a world class pastry chef baking goodies for us.

Still, Michelle could have merely poised her fork, and set it aside. Reagan didn't stop serving wine, after all.

He was told by his boss what was expected of him. He disagreed, and no longer has a job. Sounds like Michelle was channeling her inner Republican to me.

Hyperbole or not....no one should expect to have the First Lady to dictate food choices...whether it be in schools or wherever. I'd like for someone....specifically a liberal....to tell me where she 1) Was given the mandate to do so, 2) who funds that mandate, and 3) why any of us should listen to her?

I absolutely agree! pastry is supposed to be sweet and rich, that's the way pastry is.

Butter, eggs, sugar ..... are an intrinsic part of pastries....always have been since times immemorial!

Are they getting politically correct with cakes too?? Is there nothing sacred???:mad:

This is yet another sign of the Epic Fail of Obama's Fantasy Universe.

Code:
The average Teabagger Republican voter has shown repeatedly since even before Obama's nomination that they hate him and will use every possible excuse (or none at all) to tell everyone how much they hate him.

The Republican goal of the last six years has been to make Obama suck as much as Bush.

Oh plz you guys hated bush all 8 years, so get of the high horse dumbfuck. Obama is a joke and a laughing stock around the world, he has no respect at home or abroad

I absolutely agree! pastry is supposed to be sweet and rich, that's the way pastry is.

Butter, eggs, sugar ..... are an intrinsic part of pastries....always have been since times immemorial!

Are they getting politically correct with cakes too?? Is there nothing sacred???:mad:
With this bunch? It's scorched Earth with tradition.

Still, Michelle could have merely poised her fork, and set it aside. Reagan didn't stop serving wine, after all.

Jimmy Carter wouldn't allow alcohol to be served at any WH event.

Michelle was gracious to the man who helped her with her garden: :eusa_whistle:

“I am also so grateful to him for his outstanding work, not just as the White House pastry chef, producing the most delectable creations for everything from birthday celebrations to state visits, but also as a key partner helping us get the White House kitchen garden off the ground and building a healthier future for our next generation. I wish Bill and his husband, Charlie, all the best in their future endeavors,” Michelle Obama said.

White House pastry chef: 'I don't want to demonize sugar' | The Daily Caller

Code:
The average Teabagger Republican voter has shown repeatedly since even before Obama's nomination that they hate him and will use every possible excuse (or none at all) to tell everyone how much they hate him.

The Republican goal of the last six years has been to make Obama suck as much as Bush.

Oh plz you guys hated bush all 8 years, so get of the high horse dumbfuck. Obama is a joke and a laughing stock around the world, he has no respect at home or abroad

A total embarrassment. I'll bet these days when he passes a mirror he looks straight ahead.

He refused to make food that tastes like vomit. The kids in school get that.

If he has stayed his reputation as a chef would have been completely destroyed. He has to leave. Ordinarily being the white house chef would mean a secure future and the ability to go anywhere. Not if the chef is known for bad food.

Forum List

Back