White House petition calls for Public Schools to Recognize Muslim Holidays

Oh... I see... so while no schools are allowed to mention "God" or "Jesus" or sing "Christmas carols" that mention the birth of "Jesus," so right, since all things Christian are getting their asses kicked OUT of schools, it's time for the muslims to DEMAND their cult now be recognized.

Mind boggling.

Might want to back up a little.

Reality: schools recognize religious holidays already

Check this out :)
Calendars - Current School Year Calendar
Might want to wise up a little.

Reality: schools are predominately leftist indoctrination centers, and they hate anything Christian, so they are at the front of the war on Christianity.

Precious 8-Year-Old Autistic Boy Brings His Bible to School Every Day ? That Is, Until the School Told Him the Book Is ?Only for Church? | Video | TheBlaze.com

Wow.

If there many nutters out there who believe this, the gop is truly doomed.

Good riddance.

I think 4-20 should be a national holiday

I don't know what 4-20 is but the last thing we need is another national holiday.

Unless, the christians want to pay the bill and we know that's not gonna happen. Christians want everything for free - they don't pay their own way and demand the rest of us pay it for them.

Calendars - Current School Year Calendar
Then you must feel REAL GOOD about this aye? This what you want in your school with your daughter?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NY0yhqUb3I]Muslims marry little Muslim girls - YouTube[/ame]

A cult led by a bunch of whack jobs that worship a pedophile that married a SIX YEAR OLD GIRL and FUCKED HER when she was NINE? That what you want? Sure the hell looks like it since you're defending it.

:cuckoo:

Perhaps you can show me where the American Muslim community supports marriage to a 6 yr old? Until then, it's difficult to take what you say any more seriously than say - the KKK or the Westboro Baptists.

have you ever read the koran ? if they follow the teachings of it they are required to kill ALL infidels, lie their asses off to gain ones confidence, AND...., FUCK little girls !! :up: ALSO.., screw as many women as possible so the women will bear a muslime child.., AND that is the FUCKING truth. :up:

here let me help educate you: The Koran -- Browse

Our school system has off for certain religious holidays (Christmas, Hanukkah, Rosh Hashanah, Easter) but they don't ever call them that. It's "winter break" "holiday break" "in-service day" "spring break".

As long as celebrations of all religions are recognised, I don't have an issue.

Separation of church and state.

Christianty, islam, morms, scientology - they all ALL cults and they ALL need to stay in their tax-free buildings. Period. No exceptions.

People need holidays.

It doesn't hurt to accomodate them.

More time off out of school for failing and dropping out students
:thup:

Nothing wrong with a little time off ;)

Seriously though - what's the harm in accommodating religious holidays? If there is a large enough community in that school district, give them their holiday. It doesn't harm anyone.

Separation of church and state.

Christianty, islam, morms, scientology - they all ALL cults and they ALL need to stay in their tax-free buildings. Period. No exceptions.

Try to keep me inside and I will make your life miserable.

And then my wife will make your life miserable because I've been stuck inside with her.:)

As far as I understand how this stuff works, the school schedules are set by the local school government, not the federal government.

As an example, NYC has school holidays for Jewish holidays, but San Francisco does not.

San Francisco, on the other hand, has a school holiday on the Chinese New Year (Friday), whereas NYC does not.

This is a local issue. I have no doubt the Deerborn school system gives their students the day off for Muslim holidays.

A small group of Muslim students from the Commonwealth of Virginia have created a petition on a White House website calling for public schools to recognize Muslim holidays.

Posted on the White House's "We the People" site last month, as of Tuesday morning the petition has garnered over 28,000 signatories from across the United States.

"With the growing population of Muslims in the United States of America…we believe it is high time that Muslim holidays are recognized by schools throughout this nation," reads the petition in part.

"Muslim school children and staff deserve the same benefits afforded to the followers of other faiths. We call on President Obama to support this petition and advance the inclusiveness of our great nation."

Ibrahim Hooper, spokesman with the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR), told The Christian Post that his organization supported "the recognition of Muslim holidays in school systems" with "significant Muslim populations."

Petition on White House Site Calls for Public Schools to Recognize Muslim Holidays

Not really something he executive branch can address.

That happens here.
Tomorrow, we have a holiday for Chinese new year.
We also have Hindu, Buddhist, Christian and Muslim holidays as official days off.
The balance is maintained by cutting the long summer holiday by a couple of weeks.

Everyone gets to celebrate their own holidays and you can simply tale a day doing whatever if you don't want to bother.

Ya... I can see why muslims want to try and weasel their cult into schools with all those little girls...

Muslims or Jews?
This man says 20% of the little girls in his area have been raped by Jews.

Last edited by a moderator:
Christians and Jews have had school holidays for decades.

But heaven forbid the muslims get a school holiday. ... :eusa_hand:

That's what I figure :dunno:

I think it also depends on the community the school supports. If they have enough folks of a certain group, they should incorporate their holidays in the schedule.

So an acceptable threshold must be met for legitimate recognition?

I think if I am a little Buddhist kid and everyone else's religious holidays are being recognized (as, in the articles, with days off) and mine isn't, I am going to feel less of a part of America..

There is a reason for the seperation of church and state and it is a very good reason. I think you can celebrate other religions and teach tolerance in the schools but giving days off will become a sinkhole of fighting among adults with small children caught in the middle.

It is called "winter break" or a reason. People objected to it being called "Christmas break" and they were right to do so.

I am going to support tolerance and education for all religious beliefs to include non-believers, but I think in a secular state we have to take a long hard look at the way these matters are handled and not lose sight of the principles upon which this nation was founded.

Last edited:
Oh... I see... so while no schools are allowed to mention "God" or "Jesus" or sing "Christmas carols" that mention the birth of "Jesus," so right, since all things Christian are getting their asses kicked OUT of schools, it's time for the muslims to DEMAND their cult now be recognized.

Mind boggling.

Then you must feel REAL GOOD about this aye? This what you want in your school with your daughter?

HOAX VIDEO. I am not allowed to post urls.

A cult led by a bunch of whack jobs that worship a pedophile that married a SIX YEAR OLD GIRL and FUCKED HER when she was NINE? That what you want? Sure the hell looks like it since you're defending it.

What about cults led by whack jobs that are the offspring of incestuaous relationships of a brother and sister and whose founder offered his wife to the Pharoah for favors...or better yet, a whack job zombie founder of a cult who, if you are a true believer, celebrates cannibalism by drinking human blood and eating human flesh.

We can make up all kinds of stories and perpetrate all kinds of hoaxs. The god you believe in and the religion you practice is no better nor worse than anyone else's.

I think that is a good attitude and very admirable, but we have nearly a hundred religious beliefs alone recognised at Arlington National Cemetary.

I think that is a good attitude and very admirable, but we have nearly a hundred religious beliefs alone recognised at Arlington National Cemetary.
100 ??

Please provide evidence or link. .. :cool:

Well, I cannot post urls because I need more posts...but let me see if I can get around that rule...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Department_of_Veterans_Affairs_emblems_for_headstones_and_markers

or here...

The following emblems and emblem numbers are publicized as available for Government headstones and markers as of January 2014.[8] A process is in place to consider approving additional religious or belief system emblems requested by the families of individuals eligible for these headstones and markers.[8]

Latin Cross
USVA emblem 01Buddhist (Wheel of Righteousness)
USVA emblem 02Judaism (Star of David)
USVA emblem 03Presbyterian Cross
USVA emblem 04Russian Orthodox Cross
USVA emblem 05Lutheran Cross
USVA emblem 06Episcopal Cross
USVA emblem 07Unitarian Church (Flaming Chalice)
USVA emblem 08United Methodist Church
USVA emblem 09Aaronic Order Church
USVA emblem 10Mormon (Angel Moroni)
USVA emblem 11Native American Church of North America
USVA emblem 12Serbian Orthodox
USVA emblem 13Greek Cross
USVA emblem 14Bahai (9 Pointed Star)
USVA emblem 15Atheist
USVA emblem 16Muslim (Crescent and Star)
USVA emblem 17Hindu
USVA emblem 18Konko-Kyo Faith
USVA emblem 19Community of Christ
USVA emblem 20Sufism Reoriented
USVA emblem 21Tenrikyo Church
USVA emblem 22Seicho-no-Ie
USVA emblem 23The Church of World Messianity (Izunome)
USVA emblem 24United Church of Religious Science
USVA emblem 25Christian Reformed Church
USVA emblem 26United Moravian Church (Agnus Dei)
USVA emblem 27Eckankar
USVA emblem 28Christian Church
USVA emblem 29Christian & Missionary Alliance
USVA emblem 30United Church of Christ
USVA emblem 31Humanist (American Humanist Association)
USVA emblem 32Presbyterian Church (USA)
USVA emblem 33Izumo Taishakyo Mission of Hawaii
USVA emblem 34Soka Gakkai International - USA
USVA emblem 35Sikh (Khanda)
USVA emblem 36Wiccan
USVA emblem 37Lutheran Church Missouri Synod
USVA emblem 38New Apostolic Church
USVA emblem 39Seventh Day Adventist Church
USVA emblem 40Celtic Cross
USVA emblem 41Armenian Cross
USVA emblem 42Farohar
USVA emblem 43Messianic Jewish
USVA emblem 44Kohen Hands
USVA emblem 45Catholic Celtic Cross
USVA emblem 46The First Church of Christ, Scientist (Cross and Crown)
USVA emblem 47Medicine Wheel
USVA emblem 48Infinity
USVA emblem 49Luther Rose
USVA emblem 51Landing Eagle
USVA emblem 52Four Directions
USVA emblem 53Church of Nazarene
USVA emblem 54Hammer of Thor
USVA emblem 55Unification Church
USVA emblem 56Sandhill Crane
USVA emblem 57
[9]Muslim (Islamic 5 Pointed Star)
USVA emblem 98

And please realize I am not saying this at all because I am one of those anti-Islam jerks I see on this board. I just think schools should not give holidays for religions because it opens a can of worms, an I myself am unwilling to leave anyone out, no matter how small. All people should be treated equally.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back