Who else was close(other then white) to inventing Calculus, Eletricy, Engines, etc

Gee, how'd we miss sending the first Muslim to the moon? Or Mars if you're in Sheila Jackson Lee's district.

In the 60's, we were concerned with bringing people back from the moon as well as getting them there. This would not have been a logical plan if we were using Muslims as astronauts.

This thread proves my thread "In Poet's defense" this thread is entertaining white supremacist ideology.

This thread proves my thread "In Poet's defense" this thread is entertaining white supremacist ideology.

I noticed you didnt make one of those "in defense" threads for Mathew. You are complaining about white people not standing up against white racists, but not only are you not standing up against black racists, youre actually making sympathy threads for them. You have an agenda, and that agenda appears to be racism and hypocracy.

Funny how you didn't actually read the thread and notice all the white people coming in here and attacking the OP.

Matthew is a well known racist. first and foremost the thread is titled regarding the discovery of calculus other than white. give Matthew's history of racist mantra its hard to take this thread seriously or even the title itself seriously. Matthew is pretending to be a concerned racist. Its a tactic that David Duke uses regarding segregation.

"Oh I'm not racist I want the white race to separate from other non-white races."

I've heard it all and all of you are buying into it...Yes please continue feeding him more of your gullibility.

LOL "all the white people?" I've seen one guy post several responses that took up one page. Then in subsequent pages I've seen others respond with actual historical facts. Maybe one or two opposing views to the thread but "all the white people?" I think not

Last edited:

I noticed you didn't make one of those "in defense" threads for Mathew. You are complaining about white people not standing up against white racists, but not only are you not standing up against black racists, you're actually making sympathy threads for them. You have an agenda, and that agenda appears to be racism and hypocracy.

Two things...

first where did I say "white people should stand up against white racist?" Please quote that where I've said that verbatim, second, where have I said I am not standing up against black racist? as far as I'm concerned given the consensus there are what two black racist, compared to how many white supremacist on this board?

By the way it's "hypocrisy" and if you think I'm racist kindly demonstrate where I've demonstrated racist mantra.

Google "the Baghdad battery".

from wikipedia:
Skeptical archaeologists[who?] see the electrical experiments as embodying a key problem with experimental archaeology, saying that such experiments can only show that something was physically possible, but do not confirm that it actually occurred. Further, there are many difficulties with the interpretation of these artifacts as galvanic cells:[citation needed]

The bitumen completely covers the copper cylinder, electrically insulating it, so no current can be drawn without modifying the design.
There are no wires or conductors with them.
No electrical equipment is associated with them.
A bitumen seal, being thermoplastic, is excellent for forming a hermetic seal for long-term storage. It would be extremely inconvenient, however, for a galvanic cell, which would require frequent topping up of the electrolyte (if they were intended for extended use).

The artifacts strongly resemble another type of object with a known purpose – storage vessels for sacred scrolls from nearby Seleucia on the Tigris. Those vessels do not have the outermost clay jar, but are otherwise almost identical. Since it is claimed[by whom?] these vessels were exposed to the elements, it is possible[opinion] that any papyrus or parchment inside had completely rotted away, perhaps leaving a trace of slightly acidic organic residue.

So while, with modification, such a device could be a rather inefficient battery, there is no evidence that it could be used as such.

The theory that the "Baghdad battery" shows Mesopotamians had knowledge of electricity is no more logical than finding a wheel inside a pyramid indicates Egyptians drove Ferraris.

Well, obviously I was alluding to the novel solution to the exposure problem inherent in storing sacred scroll vessels outside. -- Duh.

But I see you're good at doing as you're told. :thup:

Now Google "Allesandro Volta" (or do we get to claim the Wops as white people too)?

In order for the discussion to really progress, I think the original poster needs to provide a racial break down of the various camps.

I mean, you got your 'whites', your 'blacks', your 'slanty-eyeds', and your 'mud people', but where do you stick your borderliners? :dunno:

Funny how you didn't actually read the thread and notice all the white people coming in here and attacking the OP.
Maybe I missed something but exactly how did you determine which members are white?

The ones that get called racists because they speak out against Obama are either white, or there are a bunch of idiots on this board.

Matthew is a well known racist. first and foremost the thread is titled regarding the discovery of calculus other than white. give Matthew's history of racist mantra its hard to take this thread seriously or even the title itself seriously. Matthew is pretending to be a concerned racist. Its a tactic that David Duke uses regarding segregation.

"Oh I'm not racist I want the white race to separate from other non-white races."

I've heard it all and all of you are buying into it...Yes please continue feeding him more of your gullibility.

LOL "all the white people?" I've seen one guy post several responses that took up one page. Then in subsequent pages I've seen others respond with actual historical facts. Maybe one or two opposing views to the thread but "all the white people?" I think not

Mathew is a well known idiot, something that is pretty common among racists. There are exceptions, but he, and you, are not among them.

Mathew is a well known idiot, something that is pretty common among racists. There are exceptions, but he, and you, are not among them.

Alas explain all of the "white people" that defied the OP I dont think nobody in opposition to the OP announced their ethnic identity.

Alas explain all of the "white people" that defied the OP I dont think nobody in opposition to the OP announced their ethnic identity.

You don't think? What a surprise.

You're a racist we get it!

I have a question. How many black people can spell better than you?

Eletricity? Anyway, Muslims scholars helped preserve western thought during the dark ages. Arabs invented coffee. To that, I say, thank you very much. No one group can take all the kudos for scientific advancement, because all cultures have a connection in some pivotal way over the centuries. Ever watch James Burke's "Connection" series? Do so if you can.

[. . .] nobody in opposition to the OP announced their ethnic identity.

White boy here, from a relatively uninterrupted line of Celtic descent. The surname is Welsh in origin.

In case there's any doubt (since sarcasm doesn't always come across in translation), I'm strongly opposed to the sentiments underpinning the original post; if for no other reason, because they're an embarrassment to me, as a member of the human race.

Uncle Ferd was close to inventin' dat plastic bathtub liner...

... but somebody beat him to it.
:redface:

Eletricity? Anyway, Muslims scholars helped preserve western thought during the dark ages. Arabs invented coffee. To that, I say, thank you very much. No one group can take all the kudos for scientific advancement, because all cultures have a connection in some pivotal way over the centuries. Ever watch James Burke's "Connection" series? Do so if you can.
Good points, but could it be that we should be looking more at who took all of these stumbled upon inventions that were born out of these single individuals or by so many different people across this world over time, where as who then took this creativity or inventiveness as was found to its greatest potentials and/or heights, thus utilizing them to their max potentials ? Who did this I wonder ? The evidence is quite clear of who did this in the world at different times, and so who made up those societies at the times within these nations in which had become so great with these things in which they had utilized so well ? What character did they possess, and what beliefs did they have, and how structured or disciplined were they as a people ? No coloring allowed, but it should be about what was on the inside that made them tick, and this is what would be a good look see backwards, and then to come forwards with it all.

This would be a better picture maybe as to who dominated in the taking of something thought of or maybe made as an invention to it's highest potentials in the world, and who were those who easily done such a thing as that ? Was it the Germans, the English, the Americans, the Arabs, the Mexicans, the Africans and so on and so forth who took their knowledge to extreme heights ? I guess this is what the OP is trying to get at maybe, and I guess he is trying to find out why these people may have become sterile in continuing their add to the world whether it be in technology, and in creativity/ invention making or etc. that does benefit the entire world. Is he looking at what may have been the point where the knowledge is now being dumbed down in the world or has been stifled all because of, and what may have been the source of this dumbing down that has taken place in the world ? What cultural shifts have taken place, and have they been for the better or the worse in regards to the creativity and inventiveness process ? Has it hindered the flow freely within the world/nations or not ? Certain types of governments can also stop the creativity process or inventive thinking that is needed also, so how does one get to the bottom of the problem when it comes to the worlds knowledge of these things disappearing now ? Who is to blame mostly for standing in the way of these things in which the world needs or should be seeking out always ? I want to say that it is governments, and their operating in ways that begins to stifle the process or stomps it out for fear of people being this smart anymore amongst them.

Forum List

Back