šŸŒŸ Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! šŸŒŸ

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs šŸŽ

Who Is Washington D.C. Named After?: Zombie Americans Don't Know! [VIDEO]...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
If you thought that Mark Dice couldnā€™t top his previous videos in exposing the American publicā€™s alarming lack of knowledge about their own countryā€™s history, then think again ā€“ numerous beachgoers in San Diego donā€™t know who Washington D.C. is named after.

Asked ā€œwho is our nationā€™s capital named after,ā€ one woman responded, ā€œErm, OK, umm, see why you gotta ask me something like that, can I Google it?ā€

The woman desperately searches in vain for the answer before giving up.

Video: Americans Donā€™t Know Who Washington D.C. Was Named After

The main problem that I have with any of Dice's videos is that it is never revealed just how long it actually took to find the responses that supported his claims. He also shows few, if any, of the respondents that disagree with his topic.
If it took him a couple of days, or even just all day, I don't see that there's really a problem - if one looks hard enough, one can usually find the sought for responses. If it only took him an hour or so, then there might be some validity in his claim.

The U.S. by far spends the most money per student among the most developed nations in the world. Yet we continue to trail far behind most of those nations in education. Our Public School System is a real mess. Something's very wrong.

Last edited:
The main problem that I have with any of Dice's videos is that it is never revealed just how long it actually took to find the responses that supported his claims. He also shows few, if any, of the respondents that disagree with his topic.
If it took him a couple of days, or even just all day, I don't see that there's really a problem - if one looks hard enough, one can usually find the sought for responses. If it only took him an hour or so, then there might be some validity in his claim.

The very fact that he could find a single so called American that doesnt know the answer to that question is pathetic.
Even the damn foreign tourist got it right.
Fuck liberals and what they've done to education!

The very fact that he could find a single so called American that doesnt know the answer to that question is pathetic.
Even the damn foreign tourist got it right.

Spot On! :beer:

I agree that's a significant problem. "No child left behind", "Everybody's a winner", and so on.
When competition is taken out of the picture, success becomes commonplace, and penalties for failure are minimized, it tends to reduce a person's drive to excel. In other words, why bother with extra effort, if failure isn't painful and being better than others doesn't gain extra rewards?

Anyway, I guess what I was trying to say in my original post was that I primarily disagree with Dice's methodology. I'll admit that he does illustrate some of the problems with our society (there's plenty, for certain), but the way he presents them tends to exaggerate the actual severity of the problems. The fact that they're produced as click-bait for Alex Jones doesn't add much to his credibility either, in my opinion.

I agree that's a significant problem. "No child left behind", "Everybody's a winner", and so on.
When competition is taken out of the picture, success becomes commonplace, and penalties for failure are minimized, it tends to reduce a person's drive to excel. In other words, why bother with extra effort, if failure isn't painful and being better than others doesn't gain extra rewards?

Anyway, I guess what I was trying to say in my original post was that I primarily disagree with Dice's methodology. I'll admit that he does illustrate some of the problems with our society (there's plenty, for certain), but the way he presents them tends to exaggerate the actual severity of the problems. The fact that they're produced as click-bait for Alex Jones doesn't add much to his credibility either, in my opinion.

Americans are getting dumber. That's just the sad reality. The U.S. by far spends the most money per student, among the wealthiest developed nations. Yet it ranks last in education among those nations. We do have a serious problem with our Public School System.

Americans are getting dumber. That's just the sad reality. The U.S. by far spends the most money per student, among the wealthiest developed nations. Yet it ranks last in education among those nations. We do have a serious problem with our Public School System.

The sad thing? This is elementary school crap and to make matters worse they never picked up that tid bit of knowledge between there and adulthood.
You can bet not a single one of those clods have cracked a book since they were forced to in school.

The sad thing? This is elementary school crap and to make matters worse they never picked up that tid bit of knowledge between there and adulthood.
You can bet not a single one of those clods have cracked a book since they were forced to in school.

And they vote. :ack-1: Nuff said.

It's a vicious circle, certainly, Children raised under these reduced standards become teachers (and parents) who further reinforce the situation.
Throwing money at the problem won't cure it, regardless of what some people think. Restricting the few good teachers to only "teaching to the test" doesn't help matters, either. Add in a lack of means to teach and instill discipline - the problem gets even worse.
The cycle needs to be broken somehow. If someone doesn't come up with a solution soon, it may end up being too late.
It could even be too late now.

Forum List

Back