🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why are Christie weight jokes/criticism okay but Hillary health criticism not okay?

Jokes about the physical or ethinc side of a politial candidate have their effectiveness expressed in the ratio of those offended to those amused. Jokes about Christie's size probably offend more of our many obese citizens than physically fit voters. The attacks on Hillary offend lots of women across the spectrum. Which demographic, fatties or chicks can you afford to alientate in order to toss a little mud at a candidate?

Personal mockery is a far more acceptable political technique on the racist right than on the vicitmological left. Propaganda is about converting people. Who is going to say, "Wow! I'm not voting for Christie because he is a blimp!" or "I don't want a president who wears a pants suit."

Christie is already roadkill on the GW Bridge. He's not going anywhere. People who mock Hillary with gender-based stuff risk offending a big majority of the electorate. Go figure.

No one attacks her or makes fun of her for being female ... but that doesn't stop the left from crying sexism anyway.

I wouldn't vote for Christie anyway but I sure wouldn't have voted for him if he hadn't taken steps to improve his health. Same holds true for Hil, actually even more so because she's older.

I've never seen these gender based mocks. Link?

To the left: why are you so hypocritical on your Hillary protection? Age was fine to attack Mccain and Dole with, but you act like it's sexist to raise health and age concerns with Hillary

Because Christie is a male, white, Christian...therefore eligible for ridicule.
I love the touchy-feely hypocrisy with which the GOP smear machine "raises health and age concerns with Hillary." Mr. Rove raised "health concerns" by falsely stating that Hillary was hospitalized for 30 days (actually 2 days) and the medically false proclamation that her concussion was a "traumatic brain injury" (no evidence of damage to crebral structure). "Raising concerns" is a euphemism for spreading lies. It makes people wonder why Mr. Rove is unable to provide evidence that he did not contract AIDS from having sex with the chickens in his barnyard. What exactly is he hiding anyway?

I always knew that Christie's weight problem came from a fall. If only Christie hadn't fallen he wouldn't have that problem. Falls cause people to gain weight, there is no other cause.

To the left: why are you so hypocritical on your Hillary protection? Age was fine to attack Mccain and Dole with, but you act like it's sexist to raise health and age concerns with Hillary

Personally, I think anyone who joins in these kinds of criticisms are at the middle school level. Actually - that's an insult to middle schoolers. My son is in middle school and he sure wouldn't stoop that low.

And btw, there are plenty of those idiots on both sides of the aisle.

Last edited:
I don't mind charactures of adult pols. But the ones that poke fun at Hillar's body are mysoginistic simply because Hillary looks like a 65 or so year old woman. Just because a woman has big legs, it's not fair ground. You get the legs you get. If somebody wants a cartoon with her dressed like Lady McBeth, have at it.

I like Oliphant's cartoons of Obama as the thin arrogant black aristocrat. Christie actually looks the part of back room NE stab you in the back politician.

Forum List

Back