Why are Christie weight jokes/criticism okay but Hillary health criticism not okay?

To the left: why are you so hypocritical on your Hillary protection? Age was fine to attack Mccain and Dole with, but you act like it's sexist to raise health and age concerns with Hillary

Nothing wrong with discussing any health issues Hillary may have. We all should want to know that any candidate running for the highest office in this country is healthy and able to serve their full term if elected. Just don't make shit up if there is no proof that there might be an issue.

Liberal double standard. "I can do it but you can't".

I am sure you have a link, right?
I don't need a link, Swallow. Bill Clinton and his attack squad relentlessly pummeled Bob Dole in '96 on his age and competence. Now he thinks it's unfair to raise questions about Hillary, who will be 69 in 2016, with possible brain damage. I call that a double standard. You know it's true and it makes you look like a disingenuous hack to deny it.

Actually they didn't SGay.

They "pummeled" Bob Dole about his "old fashion" policy ideas.

Bob Dole was running on "bridging" traditional values into the modern age.

Of course you can find a link where anyone in the Clinton campaign machine was saying something like "Bob Dole is too old to be President", right?

Go.

But before all that the left was using age as criticism against Dole

Still Running - Is Age-Bashing Any Way to Beat Bob Dole? - NYTimes.com

You cited the NY times criticizing some pretty soft blows to Bob Doles age. Those attacks don't even come close to the level of attacks against Clinton in that election.

Remarks re Moseley Braun and Clinton[edit]

In a widely publicized incident on July 22, 1993, Carol Moseley Braun, the first black woman in the Senate and the only black Senator at the time, reported that Helms deliberately sought to offend her by singing "Dixie" in her presence.[227][227][228][229] After Moseley Braun persuaded the Senate to vote against Helms's amendment to extend the patent of the United Daughters of the Confederacy insignia, which included the Confederate flag, Helms ran into Moseley Braun in an elevator.[227] Helms turned to Senator Orrin Hatch and said, "Watch me make her cry. I'm going to make her cry. I'm going to sing 'Dixie' until she cries."[230] He then proceeded to sing the song about "the good life" during slavery to Moseley Braun.[231][232] In 1999, Helms unsuccessfully attempted to block Moseley Braun's nomination to be United States Ambassador to New Zealand.[227]

In 1994, Helms created a sensation when he told broadcasters Rowland Evans and Robert Novak that Clinton was "not up" to the tasks of being commander-in-chief, and suggested two days later, on the anniversary of John F. Kennedy's assassination, that Clinton "better not show up around here [Fort Bragg] without a bodyguard".[233] Helms said Clinton was so unpopular and said he had not meant it as a threat.Jesse Helms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That was a sitting Senator.

And what office does Rove hold as a "high ranking republican"?

He's a GOP strategist that ran several successful campaigns.

To the left: why are you so hypocritical on your Hillary protection? Age was fine to attack Mccain and Dole with, but you act like it's sexist to raise health and age concerns with Hillary

Nothing wrong with discussing any health issues Hillary may have. We all should want to know that any candidate running for the highest office in this country is healthy and able to serve their full term if elected. Just don't make shit up if there is no proof that there might be an issue.
The proof is that her husband said Hillary suffered a "terrible concussion that required 6 months of very serious work to get over".

Hillary Clinton Took 6 Months to ?Get Over? Concussion, Bill Says of Timeline - ABC News

I am sure you have a link, right?
I don't need a link, Swallow. Bill Clinton and his attack squad relentlessly pummeled Bob Dole in '96 on his age and competence. Now he thinks it's unfair to raise questions about Hillary, who will be 69 in 2016, with possible brain damage. I call that a double standard. You know it's true and it makes you look like a disingenuous hack to deny it.

Actually they didn't SGay.

They "pummeled" Bob Dole about his "old fashion" policy ideas.

Bob Dole was running on "bridging" traditional values into the modern age.

Of course you can find a link where anyone in the Clinton campaign machine was saying something like "Bob Dole is too old to be President", right?

Go.
Here ya go, Swallow.

Still Running - Is Age-Bashing Any Way to Beat Bob Dole? - NYTimes.com

Does the OP wish to have negative campaign tactics eliminated altogether....or does the OP simply want his side to be able to use them without being questioned?

Probably post traumatic syndrome, you know, her heroics battling sniper fire.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I23fjRN-PGc]Hillary Clinton dodges sniper fire in Bosnia - raw footage - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Because Hillary's diagnosis came from that moron Carl Rove.

Because Hillary's diagnosis came from that moron Carl Rove.

Wrong again.

Bill the rapist Clinton said of his nasty-assed, cowardly, America-Hating wife....

“They went to all this trouble to say she had staged what was a terrible concussion that required six months of very serious work to get over

She also had a blood clot in her skull --

Hillary Clinton?s blood clot in her skull, doctors say - The Washington Post

Do you pratcie being stupid or does it come naturally.

While dimocrap scum and the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM haven't kept this information secret, per se, they surre as FUCK haven't volunteered the information an awful lot.

Blood clots on the brain KILL people. Blood Clots on the Brain can cause severe brain damage.

A Concussion is a very serious medical condition

From the United States Government's Center for Disease Control

CDC - Concussion - Traumatic Brain Injury - Injury Center

What is a Concussion?
A concussion is a type of traumatic brain injury, or TBI, caused by a bump, blow, or jolt to the head that can change the way your brain normally works.

dimocraps are dirtbags

lying dirtbags

This is a Clinton tactic they've crafted to perfection.

Turn a negative into a source for sympathy.

If you're tired of this sort of thing, don't vote for the bitch. Anyone who practices this technique deserves the same.

Why are Christie weight jokes/criticism okay but Hillary health criticism not okay?

Because they are being told by progressives.

You could call it a double standard, if they had any standards at all.

Why did Karl Rove say in 2008 that making an issue of McCain's age was reprehensible?

Let's start with that hypocrisy...

...fair enough?

McCain never took a month off under suspicious circumstances

According to the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM and the scrunts' lying fucking State Department, the piece of shit didn't even go to the Hospital.

Funny, that

Hillary Clinton Faints, Suffers Concussion - ABC News

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton suffered a concussion earlier this week after she hit her head when she fainted because of dehydration from a stomach virus, a Clinton aide said today in a statement.

“She has been recovering at home and will continue to be monitored regularly by her doctors,” Deputy Assistant Secretary Philippe Reines said. “At their recommendation, she will continue to work from home next week, staying in regular contact with Department and other officials. She is looking forward to being back in the office soon.”

No ambulance was called and she was not hospitalized, according to a state department official.

No ambulance? No Hospital?

Remember Natasha Richardson? The Actress suffered what was thought to be a minor head injury and died two days later but the United States Secretary of State doesn't bother with going to the Hospital?

Yeah, right.

Turns out..... dimocraps are lying scum. ALL of them.

And you remember Benghazi? That's where she was scheduled to go before her accident.

More funny stuff, huh?

But wait?

She DID end up going to the Hospital. For a BLOOD CLOT!

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/03/u...rged-from-hospital-after-blood-clot.html?_r=0

dimocraps are just simply lying scum.

And the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM is beyond worthless. Either benign disinterest about anything that might expose dimocrap scum for what they are to willing participants in the lies dimocrap scum tell the American People.

What's worse is we have STUPID, senseless, ignorant fucks all over the Country defending it.

dimocraps are scum. ALL of them

Karl Rove was right to question Hitlery's health. After the dance they gave us, he was more than right.

dimocraps just can't tell the truth.

Hillary bumped her head and the only thing she forgot was that she's responsible for the deaths of 4 Americans at Benghazi

You know...it makes sense, the OP. A Republican strategist says something about a Democratic candidate...but it's okay because a liberal comedian said something about McCain's age or Christies weight. Republican strategist/liberal comedian...same/same. :lol:

Jokes about the physical or ethinc side of a politial candidate have their effectiveness expressed in the ratio of those offended to those amused. Jokes about Christie's size probably offend more of our many obese citizens than physically fit voters. The attacks on Hillary offend lots of women across the spectrum. Which demographic, fatties or chicks can you afford to alientate in order to toss a little mud at a candidate?

Personal mockery is a far more acceptable political technique on the racist right than on the vicitmological left. Propaganda is about converting people. Who is going to say, "Wow! I'm not voting for Christie because he is a blimp!" or "I don't want a president who wears a pants suit."

Christie is already roadkill on the GW Bridge. He's not going anywhere. People who mock Hillary with gender-based stuff risk offending a big majority of the electorate. Go figure.

Because Christie is a male, white, Christian...therefore eligible for ridicule.

Would it hurt for both sides to practice civility? I mean seriously, neither side can absolve themself of ridicule.

Forum List

Back