Why are we talking about IVF?

Slade3200

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2016
I'm especially interested to hear from the MAGA crew... Why is IVF a topic of conversation in our politics?

Most recent news is that Trump wants the Government or Insurance to cover the costs of IVF treatments. But isn't he somewhat responsible for the reasons why this issue is even a topic of contention right now?

Because its a huge issue for young couples trying to start a family.... I know a couple who spent over 40,000 dollars for treatment...

I'm especially interested to hear from the MAGA crew... Why is IVF a topic of conversation in our politics?

Most recent news is that Trump wants the Government or Insurance to cover the costs of IVF treatments. But isn't he somewhat responsible for the reasons why this issue is even a topic of contention right now?

Try reading your link
The issue of access to fertility treatments became a political flashpoint in February after the Alabama Supreme Court ruled that frozen embryos were considered children under the law. The ruling caused an uproar and cleared the way for potential wrongful death claims if an embryo did not survive the process, causing several providers to pause IVF treatments.

Shortly after the Alabama decision, Trump called on the state's legislature to "quickly find an immediate solution to preserve the availability of IVF in Alabama." The state passed a law protecting the procedure in March, but the legal battle had already opened a new front in the national fight over reproductive rights.

Leftists, the irresponsible statists, should love this proposal. Decent people like me dont want healthcare costs to go up. Which is exactly what will happen.
But they dont care. They want the government to control healthcare, too. Even though THEY are the reason healthcare is so expensive.

Leftists, the irresponsible statists, should love this proposal. Decent people like me dont want healthcare costs to go up. Which is exactly what will happen.
But they dont care. They want the government to control healthcare, too. Even though THEY are the reason healthcare is so expensive.

“They” being Trump?

Try reading your link
The issue of access to fertility treatments became a political flashpoint in February after the Alabama Supreme Court ruled that frozen embryos were considered children under the law. The ruling caused an uproar and cleared the way for potential wrongful death claims if an embryo did not survive the process, causing several providers to pause IVF treatments.

Shortly after the Alabama decision, Trump called on the state's legislature to "quickly find an immediate solution to preserve the availability of IVF in Alabama." The state passed a law protecting the procedure in March, but the legal battle had already opened a new front in the national fight over reproductive rights.
Oh I’ve read the link and know the answer to my question. I’m just curious if MaGA can give an honest answer and take some self awareness

Because its a huge issue for young couples trying to start a family.... I know a couple who spent over 40,000 dollars for treatment...
Same here. But isn’t the reason why we are talking about it because some states are threatening to make it illegal? Part of the SCOTUS repeal of Roe… an agenda item from Trumps admin… you connecting the dots?

Are you talking about Trumps proposal?

Same here. But isn’t the reason why we are talking about it because some states are threatening to make it illegal? Part of the SCOTUS repeal of Roe… an agenda item from Trumps admin… you connecting the dots?
Wasn't it one state that proposed it due to a bunch of frozen embryos that were ruined by some women?... and a court case brought by the donors of the embryos... why do you say "some states"....

Wasn't it one state that proposed it due to a bunch of frozen embryos that were ruined by some women?... and a court case brought by the donors of the embryos... why do you say "some states"....
Yes, and that state had the power to do so because of the Trump admins agenda to reverse Roe and send it back to the states. Now the initiatives in states that are threatening IVF are the far right elements. Do you agree?

Yes, and that state had the power to do so because of the Trump admins agenda to reverse Roe and send it back to the states. Now the initiatives in states that are threatening IVF are the far right elements. Do you agree?
That's ridiculous the two things have nothing in common...

Roe was bad law... sooner or later the supreme court was going to send it back to the states... this is why some pro choice lawyers and judges wanted it to go back to the states and have said so in the past...

That's ridiculous the two things have nothing in common...
Of course they do. The state wouldn’t have been able to do the lawsuit without the SCOTUS decision. It was an agenda item of trumps. Something he still brags about. Pull your head out of the sand

Roe was bad law... sooner or later the supreme court was going to send it back to the states... this is why some pro choice lawyers and judges wanted it to go back to the states and have said so in the past...
Roe protected these rights and its repeal opened up these crazy restrictions we are seeing in states. For example the IVF case which is why it is a subject of conversation this election cycle

Forum List

Back