Why Can't Minors Be Executed?

So your life has no value if a "kid" steals it? You're an idiot
Go fuck yourself.

We aren't talking about the victim's value. That is a red fucking herring. No one, not even Me, is talking about not holding them accountable for their actions.

We are talking about a degree of understanding and rehabilition.

But thanks for proving how little you comprehend what goes on around you.

So your life has no value if a "kid" steals it? You're an idiot
Under the LAW, the 14 yr old is not competent in 99% of the cases. It sucks but you have to include ALL 14 yr olds in the definition. Not individual cases

The key to all this is ALL, not one

He's normally conservative but someone infected him with liberal "compassion" :auiqs.jpg:
I'm always smart and I always comprehend what I'm about.

So, I'm sure you can show where I said we should not hold minors accountable for their actions.

I won't wait.

We kinda have a thing about ending life before it even gets going. Inside or outside the womb.

Most children lack judgment. They act on impulse and are not fully educated on the limits of society, or the law, because their concepts of right and wrong are not fully formed yet.

There are unique cases in law where juveniles (anywhere between 10 and 17) are tried as adults for committing crimes, like assault, and murder. In regards to murder, life in prison is sufficient.

On the other hand, why should we execute children when we have the rest of their lives to reform their behavior?

Tell Me. How many 13-year-olds have total impulse control? Hell, for that matter, tell Me how many 16 yo have total impulse control?

Today, our children are not taught much about right and wrong. <-- an opinon

so, I have a problem with killing minors for crimes committed unless you can show a history and a pattern of depraved behavior.
A pattern of bad behavior in a child is indicative of abuse or neglect by adults. They did not choose their parents who ultimately share in the blame for the actions of their children.

Go fuck yourself.

We aren't talking about the victim's value. That is a red fucking herring. No one, not even Me, is talking about not holding them accountable for their actions.

We are talking about a degree of understanding and rehabilition.

But thanks for proving how little you comprehend what goes on around you.
It's you who doesn't understand real compassion. You lash out due to ignorance, so all is forgiven, but you show you don't give a damn about the innocent until it happens to someone close to you

Examples of these extravagant death row expenditures are not hard to come by. For instance, in the State of North Carolina inmates on death row have cost the state over one billion dollars more than inmates not on death row since 1976. In Texas, one death penalty case costs the state about 2.3 million dollars. This is three times higher than what it would cost to imprison one inmate in the highest security prison cell available for 40 years.

Justice has no price. I'll supply the bullets. JUSTICE over excuses

This kind of absolutism is why Kyle Rittenhouse was put on trial for something he didn't do. It's what lead to the death of Ahmaud Arbery. McMicheal had the same mindset as you: "shoot first, ask questions later."

Not just liberals are susceptible to this rash line of thinking.

A pattern of bad behavior in a child is indicative of abuse or neglect by adults. They did not choose their parents who ultimately share in the blame for the actions of their children.
That is true, but when its depraved to the point of murder, then regardless, they have to answer for it.

In any case, when is it acceptable to execute a child for crimes?

This is the premise of the thread.

My contention is ONLY when you can show a decided depravity to human life.

Most minors don't understand that.

Should we not punish them because they are minors?

Fuck no.

But I need a good fucking reason to use State-sanctioned death.

Seriously? Juveniles have long been held to be less liable for their actions because they are innocently stupid and rash when it comes to making decisions.
Usually juveniles are held for felonious and violent actions, or a harm to themselves. Non violent actions and forget about it. You are property of your parents or guardians

Get violent and adulthood comes early

It's you who doesn't understand real compassion. You lash out due to ignorance, so all is forgiven, but you show you don't give a damn about the innocent until it happens to someone close to you
Incorrect. I am all for punishing anyone for crimes. Even minors. But we are talking state-sanctioned killing.

You will need to show Me a history of depraved indifference to life to justify that.

Simply put, a minor can be held accountable, but not to the point of execution. They simply cannot be held to that standard unless extraordinary circumstances can be shown.

I care very much about the innocent, but I don't commit greater wrongs in the name of black&white retribution.

That is true, but when its depraved to the point of murder, then regardless, they have to answer for it.

In any case, when is it acceptable to execute a child for crimes?

This is the premise of the thread.

My contention is ONLY when you can show a decided depravity to human life.

Most minors don't understand that.

Should we not punish them because they are minors?

Fuck no.

But I need a good fucking reason to use State-sanctioned death.
I'm against the death penalty anyway. The State should never be granted the right to take a life.

Forum List

Back