Why do many TV show watchers prefer superhero shows, soap operas, cop shows, and reality shows over superior fare on HBO and Netflix?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
Why? Why must a lot of people be bland? Is high quality TV too violent and sexual for most people? Do we need high quality shows without sex and violence?

I know middle aged people who like shows like Agents of Shield and Once Upon A Time in addition to reality shows.

Why? Why must a lot of people be bland? Is high quality TV too violent and sexual for most people? Do we need high quality shows without sex and violence?

I know middle aged people who like shows like Agents of Shield and Once Upon A Time in addition to reality shows.
HUH???

HBO costs more money.

Before you do a psychological analysis, you might want to do a financial analysis.

Yeah, like you I feel intellectually superior also but at least I have a reason......... :eusa_whistle:

I'm an oldtimer, I like Game of Thrones on HBO, but then I really like history. The way it was presented on TV really made the middle ages come alive for me.

I dumped Netflix and don’t have HBO. I tend to watch a lot of true crime type shows ( when I watch TV) or old TV shows like Hylander,Monk,Columbo etc or even that new William Shatner documentary show. If it ain’t on the streaming box I get free with my internet or antenna tv I don’t watch it.

HBO and Netflix are trash. I watch "Classic Reel". Great stuff for $3/month.

I binge something now and then, but would rather read a nice book. The movie in my head is far superior to anything Hollywoodites could possibly crank out.

If HBO is nothing but constant swearing, what are any of us who don't have the network really missing out on?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back