Why does God wear clothes?

Well then,
All I can say is I disagree. I believe God has a body of flesh and bone as tangible as mans.
Fair enough, but don't you think God should therefore be naked? He didn't create Adam and Eve fully clothed.
Eating apples from a tree with a snake in it makes you want to hide your package. I damn sure wouldn't want a snakebite on my dick.....although whassherface might enjoy the extra swelling and throbbing sensation :alirulz: !

I home she doesn't read this. Crazy bitch might put a snake in my PJ's :ack-1:

God tells you that you can eat from EVERY tree in the Garden...But there's ONE NOT to eat from.
This is showing a lack of appreciation.

You'd think 'god' would have thought, "yeah that f#$king snake is going to cause some shit I just know it".

And then not created the snake, the end.

You'd think 'god' would have thought, "yeah that f#$king snake is going to cause some shit I just know it".

No. God may have been hoping that once having a universe lavished at their beck and command, his Free Will creations would violate God's SINGLE request not to eat from the tree.
The snake is punished, not for influencing Adam and Eve, but for disrespecting God.
The snake, after all, was the most clever of the beasts of the field.

No. God may have been hoping that once having a universe lavished at their beck and command, his Free Will creations would violate God's SINGLE request not to eat from the tree.
The snake is punished, not for influencing Adam and Eve, but for disrespecting God.

Yeah but 'god' knew he was a punk who'd start talking smack to all the hot chick in the garden. I mean he's a forked tongue snake. And I'm pretty sure 'god' already knew adam and eve would listen to the snake and etc...unless he isn't all knowing.

So he should have said, instead of "don't eat from the tree of good and evil", "don't talk to ANY crazy talking snakes! Or any talking animals period! If a butterfly lands on your shoulder and whispers "see that 5 foot nuclear device over there, go through that switch", IGNORE THE BITCH."

"In fact, don't talk to animals at all. They're like radio talk show hosts, they sound reasonable but they are all only trying to get you to act against your own best interest." Copyright 2015
:booze:

Yeah but 'god' knew he was a punk who'd start talking smack to all the hot chick in the garden. I mean he's a forked tongue snake. And I'm pretty sure 'god' already knew adam and eve would listen to the snake and etc...unless he isn't all knowing.

So he should have said, instead of "don't eat from the tree of good and evil", "don't talk to ANY crazy talking snakes! Or any talking animals period! If a butterfly lands on your shoulder and whispers "see that 5 foot nuclear device over there, go through that switch", IGNORE THE BITCH."

"In fact, don't talk to animals at all. They're like radio talk show hosts, they sound reasonable but they are all only trying to get you to act against your own best interest." Copyright 2015
:booze:

You can talk to anyone you want, but if they tell you to do something that will piss off someone who is dear to you, will you do it?
Probably not.

Jesus was resurrected with a body of flesh and bones. He's always wears clothes as well.
God has a body of flesh and bones also, just like his son. So it would just seem natural he has clothing as well.
After all, the Bible does say we are created in God's image.
giphy.gif

You think God would have thought, "Damn! Adam and Eve are going to eat from the tree".
And then not created the Heavens and the Earth...the end.

In paintings etc. it's because of modesty

In reality, no one will really care when we are face to face with Him.
So you're ready to meet god with his shlong hanging out? Think it'll be a big one?

Looking for something for soemthing else I came upon this painting from antiquity and the question occured, "Why is God wearing clothes?"

437px-God_the_Geometer.jpg

Description
English: Science, and particularly geometry and astronomy/astrology, was linked directly to the divine for most medieval scholars. The compass in this 13th century manuscript is a symbol of God's act of Creation. God has created the universe after geometric and harmonic principles, to seek these principles was therefore to seek and worship God.
File:God the Geometer.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Where's God get his clothes? Does he make them himself? So at some point, God spent some amount of time thinking about how he wanted to look dressed and made the garments we see him depicted in. Can we draw any conclusions from his fashion sense? :) What would the harpies on "Fashion Police" have to say? :)

A better question is;

Why are you such a raging bigot?

In paintings etc. it's because of modesty

In reality, no one will really care when we are face to face with Him.
So you're ready to meet god with his shlong hanging out? Think it'll be a big one?

I don't give it much thought - I know you are trying to be outrageous and offensive (which, you might be in God's eyes) - but, in the beginning, all body parts were just that. Seeing a penis or vagina was no different than looking at someone's elbow or foot. Only our pervert minds now view things in a different light.

When we see / meet God, our minds will be different and we will see things in a holy and perfect way.

If there is a God, I doubt he would need clothing. :rolleyes-41: Besides, would anyone know? Why do people take these artists renditions of something they really don't know about so seriously?

If there is a God, I doubt he would need clothing. :rolleyes-41: Besides, would anyone know? Why do people take these artists renditions of something they really don't know about so seriously?

Judging by the Bible, lots of people have had two-way conversations with God. Fashion musta come up now and again. ;)

God made adam in his image, so the story goes

Adam and Eve were naked in the garden, so good was likely naked

Why would god need clothes any how?

Who would make him clothes? What would they be made of? There was nothing original.

If god is everywhere and in all things, why do not all things need clothing?

Who would make him clothes? What would they be made of? There was nothing original.

Genesis is interesting for how the nakedness is described as part of 'evil.' After they learned of good and evil eating the forbidden fruit, only then did they realize they were naked and being naked was thus 'evil.' Why would God have made them naked if being naked is evil?

:lol: Who is God's tailor? The same one who made the emperor's new clothes?

Forum List

Back