Why Drinking Water All Day Long Is Not the Best Way to Stay Hydrated

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
If you’re drinking water and then, within two hours, your urine output is really high and [your urine] is clear, that means the water is not staying in well,” says David Nieman, a professor of public health at Appalachian State University and director of the Human Performance Lab at the North Carolina Research Campus. Nieman says plain water has a tendency to slip right through the human digestive system when not accompanied by food or nutrients. This is especially true when people drink large volumes of water on an empty stomach. “There’s no virtue to that kind of consumption,” he says.

I always pay attention. Because I drink so much coffee and diet tea, I rarely have clear urine.

In fact, clear urine is a sign of “overhydration,” according to the Cleveland Clinic. And some of the latest research supports Nieman’s claim that guzzling lots of water is not the best way to stay hydrated.

But, here in Vegas when the temp stays over 100F for days on end, bottled water is everywhere.

Also worth paying attention to the need to Nosh when drinking so much.

A lot more details @ Why Drinking Water All Day Long Is Not the Best Way to Stay Hydrated

If you’re drinking water and then, within two hours, your urine output is really high and [your urine] is clear, that means the water is not staying in well,” says David Nieman, a professor of public health at Appalachian State University and director of the Human Performance Lab at the North Carolina Research Campus. Nieman says plain water has a tendency to slip right through the human digestive system when not accompanied by food or nutrients. This is especially true when people drink large volumes of water on an empty stomach. “There’s no virtue to that kind of consumption,” he says.

I always pay attention. Because I drink so much coffee and diet tea, I rarely have clear urine.

In fact, clear urine is a sign of “overhydration,” according to the Cleveland Clinic. And some of the latest research supports Nieman’s claim that guzzling lots of water is not the best way to stay hydrated.

But, here in Vegas when the temp stays over 100F for days on end, bottled water is everywhere.

A lot more details @ Why Drinking Water All Day Long Is Not the Best Way to Stay Hydrated
That's why I stick with rum........

I add salt to every third bottle of water. Salt is crucial to retention of water. And water has to be retained long enough to do its job of transporting nutrients throughout the body.

Vodka! It’s not just for breakfast anymore!

Forum List

Back