Why is DJIA coming back on the heels of an Obama recession?

JRK

Feb 27, 2011
The GDP that plummeted in 2008 when the wealth bubble exploded has had in reality no growth sense
Having an economy that grows 2% after falling 18% in 2008 is not growth despite record deficit spending, That is not even a correction

Companies are making money. Those lucky enough to be working are the last ones standing
Companies have trimmed the payroll as well as production, expansion, etc... that has made investors feel confident in they have learned there lesson.
There has been no job growth except in the oil and gas sector
Simply put, BHO anemic economy is priced in

do you ever get tired of living in a fantasy land filled with hate and lies?

For many Americans the economy is for shit.

If you're gainfuilly employed? Well its not so bad, but if you happen to be unemployed it pretty terrible.

Don't count it things getting better anytime soon.

For many Americans the economy is for shit.

If you're gainfuilly employed? Well its not so bad, but if you happen to be unemployed it pretty terrible.

Don't count it things getting better anytime soon.

It is that simple
BHO not allowing the economy to grow has caught up to him
His being re elected has its consequences

It would be different if what is has happened over the last four years wasn't predicted. The Obama camp says that this was the worse of the worse since FDR. Yet even with the drastic drop in housing prices, an apparent barometer of the economy, the prices dropped to where they would have been without the bubble, so in effect no one really lost wealth except those who bought overpriced houses.

It was predicted that Obama's spending on "shovel ready" jobs would not help it would extend the economic downturn and that prediction has obviously come true. Since the left brags that the recession ended long ago where is the recovery?

Yes, the stock market has finally, slowly, come back to where it was 4 years ago, that is what defines slow. The reason it is coming back is that those still lucky enough to work are pouring money into the market in their 401Ks. Why the stock market didn't recover even faster is a puzzle to me. I am thinking that due to Obama policies the rich were pulling their money out to put it where the government couldn't take it.

Any way, the 8 percent unemployment rate we are seeing and the slow recovery are direct results of the two worse presidents since Carter, Clinton, free trade, Obama, spending on shovel ready jobs and green energy that were not ready and failed.

The GDP that plummeted in 2008 when the wealth bubble exploded has had in reality no growth sense
Having an economy that grows 2% after falling 18% in 2008 is not growth despite record deficit spending, That is not even a correction

Companies are making money. Those lucky enough to be working are the last ones standing
Companies have trimmed the payroll as well as production, expansion, etc... that has made investors feel confident in they have learned there lesson.

I've been in the stock market to at least a small degree since the summer of 1966. I remember the impact of several drops but none which affected folks more than this:
October 9, 2007, DOW closed at 14,164.43 then closed at 6,594.44 on March 5, 2009. As you noticed we're just now back so what's so hard to calculate.....

I pulled out everything my wife and I had in equities when the DOW had dropped to about 11,000 and admittedly got back in a little early but ended up raking off about $75,000 above what I would have had if the dip had never occurred.

Last edited:
It would be different if what is has happened over the last four years wasn't predicted. The Obama camp says that this was the worse of the worse since FDR. Yet even with the drastic drop in housing prices, an apparent barometer of the economy, the prices dropped to where they would have been without the bubble, so in effect no one really lost wealth except those who bought overpriced houses.

It was predicted that Obama's spending on "shovel ready" jobs would not help it would extend the economic downturn and that prediction has obviously come true. Since the left brags that the recession ended long ago where is the recovery?

Yes, the stock market has finally, slowly, come back to where it was 4 years ago, that is what defines slow. The reason it is coming back is that those still lucky enough to work are pouring money into the market in their 401Ks. Why the stock market didn't recover even faster is a puzzle to me. I am thinking that due to Obama policies the rich were pulling their money out to put it where the government couldn't take it.

Any way, the 8 percent unemployment rate we are seeing and the slow recovery are direct results of the two worse presidents since Carter, Clinton, free trade, Obama, spending on shovel ready jobs and green energy that were not ready and failed.

FDR created jobs with tax payers wealth
BHO created the UAW legacy
The insanity in ND is also going on in Texas, LA, SD, Okla.
It is the only job growth we have had
Contractors building homes so they could be flipped was a wealth bubble that busted. This has no chance of recovery without "fracking"
As an example that BHO has done all he can do to kill

We the tax payer spent billions to clean up the coal industry to have taken away
so stupid and so over looked by the main stream

I've been in the stock market to at least a small degree since the summer of 1966. I remember the impact of several drops but none which affected folks more than this:
October 9, 2007, DOW closed at 14,164.43 then closed at 6,594.44 on March 5, 2009. As you noticed we're just now back so what's so hard to calculate.....

I pulled out everything my wife and I had in equities when the DOW had dropped to about 11,000 and admittedly got back in a little early but ended up raking off about $75,000 above what I would have had if the dip had never occurred.

So true
Appl has HURT mine, but over all same here
Any 401K that stayed in during that dip is SMOKING

Has there really been no job growth except in the oil and gas sector?

very little
Unconventional Oil and Gas Industry Created 1.7 Million Jobs This Year
The U.S. oil and natural-gas rush is hacking away at unemployment, manufacturing a total of 1.7 million jobs this year

Why not post the BLS data on job growth by sector. It is easily had. I feel like I should not do this for you....as you seem to want to post facts.

By the way...we have gone from "no job growth" to "very little job growth". I like the trend.

All the causes of the recession are still here.
Nothing has been done that changed any causes of the unemployment.
As Editec said it will be a long time before things change.
We've got at least another decade of pretty much the same stuff.

Has there really been no job growth except in the oil and gas sector?

very little
The U.S. oil and natural-gas rush is hacking away at unemployment, manufacturing a total of 1.7 million jobs this year

Why not post the BLS data on job growth by sector. It is easily had. I feel like I should not do this for you....as you seem to want to post facts.

By the way...we have gone from "no job growth" to "very little job growth". I like the trend.

In the private sector It is a matter of opinion as to how many jobs have been actually created
With so many leaving the work force one can make the case for either
Bottom line is anemic is correct
It is amusing the Liberal would question that yet for a man who claimed this
CNN Fact Check: About those 4.5 million jobs ... - CNN.com

And total nonfarm payrolls, including government workers, are down from 133.6 million workers at the beginning of 2009 to 133.2 million in July 2012. There's been a net loss of nearly 1 million public-sector jobs since Obama took office, despite a surge in temporary hiring for the 2010 census.

why is it the Oil and gas states are booming?

What is the point you are trying to make?

I thought you like real rich people? Not so? Because it is the real rich people that are making real serious money in the markets. You don't like that? Why?

Most middle class investors do the buy high, sell low thing. Outflows of 401k money are up as people pay the bills with what little money they have left after dumping their funds at the worst possible time.

And did you know that he Office of President has no seat on the trading floor of any of the stock and bond exchanges?

And finally, have you noticed that the companies in the DOW and the S&P 500 and even other NASDAQ are doing what? Why, they are posting profits. Amazing isn't it? Capitalism at work.

What is the point you are trying to make?

I thought you like real rich people? Not so? Because it is the real rich people that are making real serious money in the markets. You don't like that? Why?

Most middle class investors do the buy high, sell low thing. Outflows of 401k money are up as people pay the bills with what little money they have left after dumping their funds at the worst possible time.

And did you know that he Office of President has no seat on the trading floor of any of the stock and bond exchanges?

And finally, have you noticed that the companies in the DOW and the S&P 500 and even other NASDAQ are doing what? Why, they are posting profits. Amazing isn't it? Capitalism at work.

Zeke you must have not read my post
If you had not sure why you wrote what you did
BHO failed policies on the economy have little to do with the profits in the private sector, especially at that level
Free enterprise making profits as well as finding markets such as The great state of Texas in which Growth is a reality is just a couple of reasons the DJIA is above 14k, not BHO
In fact your thread mirrors my original post and its intent

very little

In the private sector It is a matter of opinion as to how many jobs have been actually created
With so many leaving the work force one can make the case for either
Bottom line is anemic is correct
It is amusing the Liberal would question that yet for a man who claimed this
CNN Fact Check: About those 4.5 million jobs ... - CNN.com

And total nonfarm payrolls, including government workers, are down from 133.6 million workers at the beginning of 2009 to 133.2 million in July 2012. There's been a net loss of nearly 1 million public-sector jobs since Obama took office, despite a surge in temporary hiring for the 2010 census.

A matter of opinion?

You are disappointing.

Why is DJIA coming back on the heels of an Obama recession?

220px-Ben_Bernanke_official_portrait.jpg

images

Forum List

Back