Why Poor Whites in Red-States Vote Against Their Interest

In what is quite possibly the most powerful, insightful, and concise answer to the age-old question of why poor whites residing in red-states always vote against their own best interest

Democrats tell the poor that there is no way out of their poverty without the help of the government.

Republicans tell the poor that only they can pull themselves out of poverty.

Poor white people have pride. They may not be highly educated, by they have lots of pride. And they will not vote for a party that tells them that they aren't to blame for their situation.

They know better. So they vote for the party that will tell them what they want to hear. They can/could do better. They just don't. But it is no ones fault but theirs they aren't doing better. And most believe that. So they vote Republican.

That's my best guess.

That and the fact a lot of poor whites are racist and don't want anything to do with a political party that has a lot of minorities claiming membership. As far as the poor white is concerned, it is those minorities that are their problem and their enemy. So they vote for the party of the rich white guy.

It is an amazing phenomena.

So they vote for the party that will tell them what they want to hear.

you mean the Democrats?....

who the hell are you to tell others what their BEST INTERST IS?
vote for yourself for government to wipe your butt if you need and shut the hell about others and how they vote

loser snobs
Progressives are life's losers and having a political run their life from cradle to grave might be an improvement

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

Poor Whites voted against their own interest when a President wants to allow 6 million illegal aliens in the country to compete with them for jobs? I see it the other way around.
It's probably more than 6 million and almost all of them are willing to take the poor (white or black) persons job for lower pay.

Forum List

Back