Why the GOP needs to be careful

It's not a question of if, but when. The next election will be the last gasp.

Interesting, but in looking at the percentages, it's necessary also to consider how latinos have been increasing their voting numbers. So, there's nothing here to say latinos behave any differently over generations than any other immigrant group, besides African Americans who tend to be resistant to the gop brand. And, let's leave that for another entire thread (-:

New immigrants tend to want more govt services, like health and educ, and have the more affluent pay for it. A conservative low tax/small govt message, but with a funded safety net of soc sec and medicare and aid to disabled, generally appeals to the middle. Even assuming newly arrived latinos emerge as dominating the entry level workers/voters, older and second generation voters should be receptive to the brand ... assuming we get the racisim out of the narrative.

Recognizing the reality that deporting millions of illegals is utterly impractical, I'd be on board with granting them not citizenship (why reward criminals?), but permanent legal resident alien status.

The people who oppose this will thereby reveal their interest in gaining voters for the Democratic Party, not in doing what's best for America.

Recognizing the reality that deporting millions of illegals is utterly impractical, I'd be on board with granting them not citizenship (why reward criminals?), but permanent legal resident alien status.

The people who oppose this will thereby reveal their interest in gaining voters for the Democratic Party, not in doing what's best for America.

Interesting. Never thought about that before.

I dont have a personal problem with temporary legal status. No citizenship. But temporary legal status.

Of course, I want security first.

Interesting. Never thought about that before.
I think it's a great idea. Never happen, though.

I dont have a personal problem with temporary legal status. No citizenship. But temporary legal status.

Of course. Close the border. That HAS to happen.

But what do you do when their temp legal status expires? If we could afford to deport them, we'd do it now (if DC had the backbone, of course).

But what do you do when their temp legal status expires? If we could afford to deport them, we'd do it now (if DC had the backbone, of course).

They either reapply for temp status or leave the country. If they don't. Deport them.

What we can afford now doesnt necessarily determine what we can afford then. If we put our house in order we might be able to afford alot more than we currently can.

But the politicians don't want to close the border. Why? Do they have an expectation of something coming that the rest of us dont know? Or some goal we are all ignorant about?

They either reapply for temp status or leave the country. If they don't. Deport them.

What we can afford now doesnt necessarily determine what we can afford then. If we put our house in order we might be able to afford alot more than we currently can.

But the politicians don't want to close the border. Why? Do they have an expectation of something coming that the rest of us dont know? Or some goal we are all ignorant about?
I have no clue why the GOP isn't interested in securing the border. Probably has something to do with their leftward slide (Hint to the GOP: We have one liberal party. We don't need two. Cut that shit out).

The reasons the Democrats aren't interested in securing the border is they're more interested in securing political power than the nation. More illegals = more potential (and in too many cases, actual) Dem voters.

My question, what happens when 2, 3 or 4 times as many criminal aliens show up to ICE for their permanent resident status than anticipated? The government was saying there was 20 million in the country then it suddenly went down to 11 does this not make anyone else suspicious?

How about we look into what's best for America instead of what will give power to the left or right :cool:

I think the party that does that will suddenly have more success

As long as 85% of the MSM support the Obama/Democrats what's best for America comes 2nd!

You just can't have a MSM supposedly informing the low information voter with 30 second sound bites and NOT have destruction of America!
And there is absolutely NO way that EVERYONE's standard of living in the USA which has brought all the world's standards of living UP can continue when more people look to the govt. for food/shelter/health!

There is NO way the standards of living that NO other society has ever seen can continue.
The USA has now so burdened businesses and individuals with rules and regulations most manufacturing has been outsourced!
When a grass cutter in the USA under union agreements get's paid $65 in wages and benefits per hour while a grass cutter in other countries
gets $1 a day... there is no way our country can economically survive.
Yet that seems to be the objective of the Democrat party to make more and more people totally dependent on the Federal govt. and there
will be no money to do so. Hence a destroyed country!

Forum List

Back