WHY ? WHAT ? And HOW ?

Wildman

Gold Member
Mar 19, 2013
this Side of Heaven
HOW do posters with a few months worth of posting get a "SILVER" rating ? or anything above "ROOKIE" or "NEWBIE"

HOW does this rating system work ? is it $$$$$$$$$ donated ?

WHY can't we have an icon that allows us to show our displeasure of a liberfools, or anyone elses post ?

WHAT are trophy points ? HOW does one get them ?

HOW
does the "VIP Member", "GOLD Member", "SENIOR Member", "SILVER Member", Etc., Etc. be determined ? once more.., is it $$$$$$ ? ?

I've asked a few of these questions myself, still don't know the answer.

Your sig ... they didn't take away our right to disagree they took away a simple and effective way to show disagreement, the disagree button. Why? Because some here are so thin-skinned they can't handle a redex. This site always seemed fair to me, both sides of the aisle nicely represented, balanced so to speak. I find it odd that they'd have not one but three buttons to "like" what someone said, no explanation needed, but no button to "dislike" what someone said, you must give an explanation if you want to disagree. Like a reason needs to be given for disagreeing with idiotic posts.

======= Zoom B,
all three of those icons are, in my OPINION the same, they send bouquets of flowers to the poster.

Admin., where are you on this subject of not being able to disagree with a poster who spews pure partisan bullshit ?

Regards,
WM

======= Zoom B,
all three of those icons are, in my OPINION the same, they send bouquets of flowers to the poster.

Admin., where are you on this subject of not being able to disagree with a poster who spews pure partisan bullshit ?

Regards,
WM

Oh absolutely. Three "likes" (thanks, agree, informative); zero "dislikes" (no thanks, disagree, uninformative).

It's been posted that if you disagree then state why you disagree. Well, most people do when it comes to discussions but when you have posters such as ShootSpeeders and rdeans posting nonsense, an 'explanation' really isn't necessary, just hitting the 'disagree' button works. But alas, I guess the-powers-that-be do not see how the 'disagree' button helps balance it all. Some abused the system so it was taken away from everyone. Makes no sense to me.

If you want admin to see this, try @-ing one of them.

Some people are sooo clueless, even to know that the info is available in the feedback and announcement threads,,,,Where this should have been posted...This place comes with a manual...

Silver and gold are memberships, paid renewing subscriptions. As a perk for paying, you can change the "newbie/rookie" thing to something witty (or not).

There used to be a disagree, but too many people saw it as negative rep and complained after feeling some posters were ganging up on others. The concern was that it may turn off new posters to get too many disagrees.

You can see your trophy points from your profile then click show all available trophies to see their requirements. Mods have been tweaking it and may not be done with it yet. At first, there was an issue with post to like ratios. If you post 10 posts that were really great and got 8 likes, your ratio was awesome and you'd get one of the great trophies. Mods (I think) tweaked those trophies to only be available after x number of posts, as it would be near impossible for someone with years invested and thousands of posts to get that same trophy the newbie (still on good behavior and without a drunken meltdown yet) got on day 2.

The switch from the old format to this new one is still very young and an update is close. I doubt this current form is the final one, still a work in progress.

Disclaimer: This is how I understand it so may not be 100% accurate. I may get corrected.

HOW do posters with a few months worth of posting get a "SILVER" rating ? or anything above "ROOKIE" or "NEWBIE"

HOW does this rating system work ? is it $$$$$$$$$ donated ?

WHY can't we have an icon that allows us to show our displeasure of a liberfools, or anyone elses post ?

WHAT are trophy points ? HOW does one get them ?

HOW
does the "VIP Member", "GOLD Member", "SENIOR Member", "SILVER Member", Etc., Etc. be determined ? once more.., is it $$$$$$ ? ?

I'm a gold member (lol), and I haven't donated a dime yet, but really who cares and why? :lol:

Silver and gold are memberships, paid renewing subscriptions. As a perk for paying, you can change the "newbie/rookie" thing to something witty (or not).

There used to be a disagree, but too many people saw it as negative rep and complained after feeling some posters were ganging up on others. The concern was that it may turn off new posters to get too many disagrees.

You can see your trophy points from your profile then click show all available trophies to see their requirements. Mods have been tweaking it and may not be done with it yet. At first, there was an issue with post to like ratios. If you post 10 posts that were really great and got 8 likes, your ratio was awesome and you'd get one of the great trophies. Mods (I think) tweaked those trophies to only be available after x number of posts, as it would be near impossible for someone with years invested and thousands of posts to get that same trophy the newbie (still on good behavior and without a drunken meltdown yet) got on day 2.

The switch from the old format to this new one is still very young and an update is close. I doubt this current form is the final one, still a work in progress.

Disclaimer: This is how I understand it so may not be 100% accurate. I may get corrected.

Nope. I'm listed as a 'gold' member but I do not pay.

Translation: bunch of thin-skinned crybabies couldn't handle a red x. True story!

I wasn't aware there was another way to get silver or gold. Maybe time or post count? Not sure, then. Sorry about that. I blame Moonglow. (Mama taught me to blame the man)

If you want to get a high post count, just post in the music and humor threads. It's really EASY to increase your post count that way. :biggrin: Also, if you're into the games, then there are the game threads which probably increase your post count even MORE.

Forum List

Back