Zone1 In response to anti-Catholics and former Catholics (on why they are that)

Acts of the Apostles ends before Peter's death so it's ridiculous to say the Bible doesn't mention the establishment of the Catholic Church.
The Church has existed since Christ established it 2000+ years ago. Just because it wasn't necessarily called Catholic from Day One doesn't mean anything at all. But as a matter of fact (you anti-Catholics here), the word Catholic was applied AT LEAST

as early as 107 AD

The word could have been used even earlier, but as we all know, history is not always kind of all documents and other evidence.

But that said,

the year 107 is

WAY WAY further back than any other purported "Christian church" can trace its origins

WAY

The Church has existed since Christ established it 2000+ years ago. Just because it wasn't necessarily called Catholic from Day One doesn't mean anything at all. But as a matter of fact (you anti-Catholics here), the word Catholic was applied AT LEAST

as early as 107 AD

The word could have been used even earlier, but as we all know, history is not always kind of all documents and other evidence.

But that said,

the year 107 is

WAY WAY further back than any other purported "Christian church" can trace its origins

WAY
Pure bullshit. All the churches in the Bible were earlier than the Catholic church. Peter's church in Israel, all of Paul's churches, the Antioch church etc.
The Catholic church was started 300 YEARS LATER! Are you nuts?
107. 315.

I accidentally copied some material the other day that likely has been on my flashdrive for some time and likely came from that one former Catholic... can't recall his name but his thread was about why he had left the Catholic Church. So I read through it because I didn't have much else to do at that time... and decided to answer some key "problems" people have w/ Catholicism:

First, there is the accusation this guy made that the early Church was once "genuine" but then went corrupt. Really? I know that the Vatican was corrupted about 65 years ago, but the early Church? Well, the person didn't go into details but I have studied Church history and can find NO evidence that the Church went off the rails early on. And even with the derailing in 1958, well... that does not mean that Jesus has abandoned His Church. He promised He would never do that... (St Mt 28:20.. Mt 16:18)

Then there's this other thing about how, this guy who had been raised Catholic, after studying the Bible, began to find fault with the Catholics for "forbidding marriage." Excuse me? Who forbids marriage? There are Catholic weddings going on in Churches every day around the world. Priests give up "that kind of" relationship WILLINGLY, so I don't even get this argument at all.

Then the guy made a point of how: If you are following a false gospel... Well, it can be credibly argued, and has been over and over throughout the years since Luther broke with the Church, that.. Exactly whom is preaching a false gospel? Those who are members of the Church Christ himself established or those who are in man-made "churches," some of which have sprung up very late in the game, like some sects of the Baptists and 7th Day Adventists and etc...

Then he mentions how Mary appeared to someone or other, doesn't say to whom, and apprently said something about "serving" her, Mary, and of course that is very verboten because Mary is not God. Well, I've been Catholic off and on all my life (though I never left the Church officially so I've been Catholic all my life, period) and I have NEVER heard of Mary telling people to serve HER. SHE serves God... always has. She would never tell anyone to do anything that contradicts God the Father or Christ, the Son (although really, the Father, the Son an HS are ONE).

Ok, there's more I wrote down to comment on but that will do for now
It is a sad grievous but common silliness for ex-Catholics to argue that the Church decieved them but Satan did not and could not.
causes of error in revelations
(1) Faulty interpretation of visions by the recipient.
2. Visions of the life and death of Christ, or other historic scenes, must be understood to be approximate only.
3. Human action may mingle with the divine action.
4. A true revelation may later be altered involuntarily by the recipient.
Causes of False Revelations
1. Pure bad faith, fakery.

2. Overactive imagination.
3. Illusion in thinking one remembers things that never happened.
4. The Devil may give false visions or revelations.

Forum List

Back