Zone1 A Brief History of modern Christianity, Catholic v Protestant

FWIW, I am an "orthodox" Roman Catholic and I recently read a translation of Martin Luther's 95 theses. The Church pretty much agrees with almost all of them now. Nothing really controversial today.

I think most "real" Christians buy into the Nicene Creed.

That's good enough for me.

FWIW, I am an "orthodox" Roman Catholic and I recently read a translation of Martin Luther's 95 theses. The Church pretty much agrees with almost all of them now. Nothing really controversial today.

I think most "real" Christians buy into the Nicene Creed.

That's good enough for me.
The fake church in the Vatican may have changed and accepted all (rather than just 41?) of Luther's 95 Theses

but TRADITIONAL Catholicism doesn't and never will.

The Vatican was highjacked in 1958 by anti-Catholics

The fake church in the Vatican may have changed and accepted all (rather than just 41?) of Luther's 95 Theses

but TRADITIONAL Catholicism doesn't and never will.

The Vatican was highjacked in 1958 by anti-Catholics
So Real Catholics still believe in Indulgences?

I don't define Indulgences, the Catholic Church does. Why don't you know this?
I do know what the Catholic Church teaches--and has taught. I know the history. I can summarize it using my own words. I notice you could not define Indulgences and went off to cut and paste....Did you even bother to read it? In your own words...what is an indulgence, and is it still practiced in the Catholic faith?

I do know what the Catholic Church teaches--and has taught. I know the history. I can summarize it using my own words. I notice you could not define Indulgences and went off to cut and paste....Did you even bother to read it? In your own words...what is an indulgence, and is it still practiced in the Catholic faith?
It's not my place to define it since it's a Catholic doctrine. I don't understand why this confusing for you.

It's not my place to define it since it's a Catholic doctrine. I don't understand why this confusing for you.
It is not at all confusing to me. You asked if "Real" Catholics still believe in indulgences. Why, yes Catholics do. And indulgences are--and never were--what Protestants accused them of being...or achieving.

It is not at all confusing to me. You asked if "Real" Catholics still believe in indulgences. Why, yes Catholics do. And indulgences are--and never were--what Protestants accused them of being...or achieving.
So the Church never sold Indulgences?

I think that didn't answer my question.
You asked me what I thought it means. I responded that I think it means what the Church said it means. I've previously given a link to the Church's definition. So I absolutely did answer your question. If you're too lazy to click a link then that's not my problem.

Forum List

Back