Why would Trump STILL hang on?

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Someone once said that in politics one week is a lifetime and although there is a smidgen of truth in that quip, with just about 28 days to go before election day, Trump's goose is thoroughly cooked.

So, why would this guy, belligerently, choose to hang on to the race in a quixotic attempt to disregard reality?

Is it ego and narcissism?

Sociologists will have a field day analyzing the Jim Jones-like support from some right wingers, but the question still remains as to WHY good ol' Trump refuses to face his inevitable and devastating loss.

Someone once said that in politics one week is a lifetime and although there is a smidgen of truth in that quip, with just about 28 days to go before election day, Trump's goose is thoroughly cooked.

So, why would this guy, belligerently, choose to hang on to the race in a quixotic attempt to disregard reality?

Sociologists will have a field day analyzing the Jim Jones-like support from some right wingers, but the question still remains as to WHY good ol' Trump refuses to face his inevitable and devastating loss.
nat....what if the guy wins?....and you know that in an election,anything can happen.....

Why would Trump STILL hang on?

To destroy those who stopped worshiping him in the GOP because they had to. And they'll have to even more when Hillary's next tape/email whatever damning Trump even more comes out...

Agree with the OP as to all the points about Trump.

nat....what if the guy wins?....and you know that in an election,anything can happen.....

I don't think you understand....even the dullest of the dull are seeing something amiss in their Messiah. I mean, they're still packed behind him for strategic camera shots but there's a tense look on their faces and their body language is guarded. Their "whoops!" aren't quite as "whoopy" anymore..

And that's just the 30% that's solidly behind him. Nobody else is. Even if Hillary was shown to have shot the men in Benghazi herself (you know, CIA style), it still wouldn't be enough to get me to vote for a man who is so very pathological and so very dangerous to be anywhere near Commander in Chief.

• Banned
And that's just the 30% that's solidly behind him. Nobody else is. Even if Hillary was shown to have shot the men in Benghazi herself (you know, CIA style), it still wouldn't be enough to get me to vote for a man who is so very pathological and so very dangerous to be anywhere near Commander in Chief.

the sad news for the GOP is that Trump is acting like a modern-day Samson, bringing virtually the entire republican brand down to rubble.

Did Jim Jones?

the sad news for the GOP is that Trump is acting like a modern-day Samson, bringing virtually the entire republican brand down to rubble.

Reckon they should have heeded Goldwater's advice.

By now, a victory for Trump is even beyond the remotest of possibilities.
although I agree, and to be honest a victory for anyone other than Hillary has been out of the question for the last 9 years, I have to wonder, if we know he cant win, why are you so concerned about him still running.

:wtf:

It's "belligerent ... disregard reality .. ego and narcissism" to not quite the race because you decided it's over?

Egomania much?

Trump is still fighting the primary. He keeps throwing red meat to and riling up his base which is driving moderates to Hillary. He does this because the base has built a cult of personality around him and he loves the attention.

Yes, now they might as well become Democrats

although I agree, and to be honest a victory for anyone other than Hillary has been out of the question for the last 9 years, I have to wonder, if we know he cant win, why are you so concerned about him still running.

trump's dropping out would have been a serious concern for Hillary Clinton.....Pence would have made a more formidable opponent, even this late in the campaign.
I,m just musing and opining as to Trump's rationale for taking down with him a good chunk of the GOP establishment.

I don't think you understand....even the dullest of the dull are seeing something amiss in their Messiah. I mean, they're still packed behind him for strategic camera shots but there's a tense look on their faces and their body language is guarded. Their "whoops!" aren't quite as "whoopy" anymore..

oh i understand,but you hillary people cant explain to me if, she is so much better why has she just stayed ahead of the guy instead of being WAY ahead of him?....

trump's dropping out would have been a serious concern for Hillary Clinton.....Pence would have made a more formidable opponent, even this late in the campaign.
I,m just musing and opining as to Trump's rationale for taking down with him a good chunk of the GOP establishment.

Please. Even if you're right he has no chance, the candidate dropping out a month before the election would be devastating to the rest of the slate, the party would be in complete disarray. You're a self proclaimed old geezer and you know nothing about politics after all these decades of elections you followed. It's incredible

Don't fool yourself. in the first place Hillary was promised this spot if she stepped aside and let the colored boy run. She was promised.
in the second place, what is it that makes you think Pence would have any better chance, or anyone for that matter? do you think that the democrats would have just accepted him? or would they dig into his past and bring things up from 100 years ago when he called someone by a racist name?
would you vote for Pence over Hillary?

famous last words....and if the guy is so bad and hillary is so great.....why hasnt she been 30-40 points ahead all along,instead of just staying ahead?.....

Simple answer......NO ONE is really saying that Clinton "is so great"....She's not.

I have no idea how DJT can say that he has sexually assaulted women
and then pitch a bitch saying that Bill Clinton is a bad guy when Trump
did similar things.....

What's going on here?

famous last words....and if the guy is so bad and hillary is so great.....why hasnt she been 30-40 points ahead all along,instead of just staying ahead?.....

Simple answer......NO ONE is really saying that Clinton "is so great"....She's not.
go to her face book page. Wear a raincoat, there is so much slobbering and masterbating over her greatness that you might catch something just be looking at the web page.

Forum List

Back