🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Will Bernie Sanders complete Roosevelts goal of 2nd bill of rights?

Preacher

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2015
Roosevelt's remedy was to declare an "economic bill of rights" which would guarantee eight specific rights:

I hope so. Also this is basing on the assumption he becomes president. If republicans voted these down would their constituency throw them out? It would help them the most....poor red stater's.

I'm proud of Sanders' campaign. That is a team passionate about their unique campaign ideas and the results they're getting among a field of like 30 other people are showing that

i feel similar about trump

Reminds me of FDRs 4 freedoms speech

Four Freedoms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"In the future days, which we seek to make secure, we look forward to a world founded upon four essential human freedoms.

The first is freedom of speech and expression—everywhere in the world.

The second is freedom of every person to worship God in his own way—everywhere in the world.

The third is freedom from want—which, translated into world terms, means economic understandings which will secure to every nation a healthy peacetime life for its inhabitants—everywhere in the world.

The fourth is freedom from fear—which, translated into world terms, means a world-wide reduction of armaments to such a point and in such a thorough fashion that no nation will be in a position to commit an act of physical aggression against any neighbor—anywhere in the world.

That is no vision of a distant millennium. It is a definite basis for a kind of world attainable in our own time and generation. That kind of world is the very antithesis of the so-called new order of tyranny which the dictators seek to create with the crash of a bomb."—Franklin D. Roosevelt, excerpted from the State of the Union Address to the Congress, January 6, 1941

"In the future days, which we seek to make secure, we look forward to a world founded upon four essential human freedoms.

The second is freedom of every person to worship God in his own way—everywhere in the world.

The third is freedom from want—which, translated into world terms, means economic understandings which will secure to every nation a healthy peacetime life for its inhabitants—everywhere in the world.

The fourth is freedom from fear—which, translated into world terms, means a world-wide reduction of armaments to such a point and in such a thorough fashion that no nation will be in a position to commit an act of physical aggression against any neighbor—anywhere in the world.

That is no vision of a distant millennium. It is a definite basis for a kind of world attainable in our own time and generation. That kind of world is the very antithesis of the so-called new order of tyranny which the dictators seek to create with the crash of a bomb."—Franklin D. Roosevelt, excerpted from the State of the Union Address to the Congress, January 6, 1941
Roosevelt would be turning over in his grave if he saw America today. Damn, there are certain words you aren't allowed to say. Let's go to the liberals who are railing against the PC police on that issue, shall we?

Roosevelt would be turning over in his grave if he saw America today. Damn, there are certain words you aren't allowed to say. Let's go to the liberals who are railing against the PC police on that issue, shall we?

Totally irrelevant post

I can't get past the basic fallacy of calling these things "rights" at all. It's fine if you believe that these services should be provided by government. That's a position that can be reasonably debated. But trying to avoid that debate, by simply claiming they are something they aren't, isn't valid. Or honest.

Roosevelt's remedy was to declare an "economic bill of rights" which would guarantee eight specific rights:

I hope so. Also this is basing on the assumption he becomes president. If republicans voted these down would their constituency throw them out? It would help them the most....poor red stater's.

Anyone with a brain would vote those down.

FDR should have been shot along side the supreme court justices that allowed him to intimidate them.

Totally irrelevant post

Only to paid trolls incapable of creative, independent and original thought which could possibly lead to dynamic and highly topical philosophical/political discussion topic connections.

IOW, it's not my fault you're as thick as 2x4.

(hint; 1st Amendment much?)

Last edited:

Anyone with a brain would vote those down.
You mean any republican. No brain/republican same shit.

FDR should have been shot along side the supreme court justices that allowed him to intimidate them.
Advocating for the murder of a president...too bad he isn't alive...could get you tossed in prison.

Advocating for the murder of a president...too bad he isn't alive...could get you tossed in prison.

And?

Forum List

Back