Winless Rubio Declares He is the Only Candidate that Can Defeat Clinton, lol

I wish Paul was still in the thick of it. Kasich is the only person presently running for either party I will vote for. If he drops out, I'll vote for Gary Johnson again.

Only a Trump nomination would make me go third party vote, i.e. "I'm wasting a vote to make a statement, neener neener neener!!!!"

I haven't voted for a Democrat or Republican for President since the 2000 elections. Time and time again they show themselves to be spoiled brats more concerned about feathering their own nests than addressing our issues. It is maddening.

The idea that he is the only candidate who can defeat HRC is not entirely fatuous. Even if he fails to gain the nomination (obviously, this is very likely), it could be true.

Trump is viewed unfavorably by almost 2/3 of the American population. His roughly 33% share in the primaries so far is his electoral CEILING, accomplished partly by Democrats voting in Republican primaries to push him above the others. Cruz is brilliant, and a great conservative; I have no doubt that he could make HRC look like a fool in one-on-one debates (assuming they are properly conducted), but he is NOT LIKEABLE, and the Democrats are good at exploiting this. Look what happened to the likeable Mitt Romney - they made him look like an ogre.

Rubio is handsome and charming, and can move to the illusive "middle" quite easily despite his 98% conservative voting record in the Senate.

Americans DO NOT WANT TO ELECT HILLARY CLINTON as their next president. They may want a Democrat, and they may want a woman, but HRC is an odious, un-likeable person with no significant achievements on her record despite decades of opportunities to achieve something noteworthy. The continuing viability of Bernie Sanders is ENTIRELY the result of HRC's shortcomings with the Democrat voters.

American voters will only elect HRC if the Republican running against her is totally unpalatable. Trump or Cruz.

Rubio is the only Republican still standing who could defeat HRC in the general election. The fact that he is doing poorly in Republican primaries does not change this fact.

Cruz seems to be increasing his vote in States where he has actively campaigned, to me his "unlike-ability" is nothing more than a media narrative.

I wish Paul was still in the thick of it. Kasich is the only person presently running for either party I will vote for. If he drops out, I'll vote for Gary Johnson again.

Only a Trump nomination would make me go third party vote, i.e. "I'm wasting a vote to make a statement, neener neener neener!!!!"

I haven't voted for a Democrat or Republican for President since the 2000 elections. Time and time again they show themselves to be spoiled brats more concerned about feathering their own nests than addressing our issues. It is maddening.

Nice to see a person of principles, do you at least vote for someone who can actually win in local elections?

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

Nice to see a person of principles, do you at least vote for someone who can actually win in local elections?

I vote for the best candidate, in my opinion, at the local level. Sometimes they win, sometimes they don't. I was being pressed to run for council by several members of the community last year. I was honored but I want nothing to do with the daily food fight that occurs over at municipal building. They are always on the local news for their foolish antics. From top to bottom it seems to be a mess.

This is pretty sad....
He's speaking as if he picked up three states last night.
He's talking about beating Hillary when he can't beat Trump or Cruz...

This guy is on the brink of self destruction politically.
He needs Florida and then maybe drop out in order to salvage his political career.

This is pretty sad....
He's speaking as if he picked up three states last night.
He's talking about beating Hillary when he can't beat Trump or Cruz...

This guy is on the brink of self destruction politically.
He needs Florida and then maybe drop out in order to salvage his political career.

Of the four candidates running in the GOP primaries last night, Marco Rubio was the ONLY CANDIDATE TO NOT PICK UP A SINGLE DELEGATE!

And he is the only one who can beat the Clinton Machine?

roflmao, the man is delusional.

Isn't Rubio running on the theory that keeping all four candidates in, stealing delegates here and there (not so much for him last night, but anyway...) will get them to a contested convention? That is his way of 'beating Trump.' Rubio has no doubt had establishment Republicans whisper in his ear that they will get him through on the convention floor.
I doubt if they're whispering that after the past week's primaries, but I think that's why he is hanging in.
I agree he should bow out, because losing Florida would be an embarrassment he will never live down. And he is a career politician--he'll be running for something or other forever.
If your theory is accurate, the Rubio should be resigning now as he is only splitting the vote against Trump while not winning many delegates at all. Same goes for Kasich, how however is not running against Trump but instead FOLR his vision for the American people.

Forum List

Back