WND: Woman stabbed 15 times by Somali immigrant in Minneapolis on Christmas Eve

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Woman Stabbed Multiple Times in Uptown on Walk Home from Work

"I could see he was stabbing her"-- witness to Xmas Eve stabbing in Minneapolis. ABC Local. GIVES NO DESCRIPTION OF ATTACKER.

“He was all of the sudden running at me, and he tackled me and we struggled for a long time — for what felt like minutes.” -- Victim of Minneapolis Xmas Eve stabbing tells CBS Local News. NO DESCRIPTION OF ATTACKER.

WND say he's a Somali immigrant

U.S. woman stabbed 14 times by Somali migrant, media go dark

I don’t know what a Somali man looks like. Guess I can try google.

Yea, how can the woman tell he was Somali from just looking at him?

Living in Minneapolis she was probably familiar with them. Somalis and Ethiopeans have a distinct facial bone structure compared to other Africans and if you are around them a lot its pretty easy to tell. that's not to say you cant make a mistake , but they also have a pretty distinct accent and if she was fighting with this guy for a few minutes, its possible she also heard him talking. Anyone who had spent time around Somalis wouldn't have much trouble telling that the guy was at least from that region of the world.

Living in Minneapolis she was probably familiar with them. Somalis and Ethiopeans have a distinct facial bone structure compared to other Africans and if you are around them a lot its pretty easy to tell. that's not to say you cant make a mistake , but they also have a pretty distinct accent and if she was fighting with this guy for a few minutes, its possible she also heard him talking. Anyone who had spent time around Somalis wouldn't have much trouble telling that the guy was at least from that region of the world.

Some of the difficulty of determining that for sure may be why other news agencies haven't including his Somali description though.

Other media, such as the Southwest Journal, have reported on the crime but left out the assailant’s full description as a Somali migrant.

Some of the difficulty of determining that for sure may be why other news agencies haven't including his Somali description though.
That's not why.

It's the same reason a Detroit radio station identified a robber as "a man, wearing a red jacket, and..." other nonsense.

Ethiopians are nice, Somalis, notsomuch.

Just this AM I woke up..was dreaming..Walking (which I never do) down this back way behind a building downtown. All of a sudden there's this Somali-looking guy sitting on the concrete wall and 2 others nearby and I realize I'm all alone, and they're up to no good.

I tried to backpedal and turn around, but he sprang up and was sprinting at me, I was off-balance backwards, throwing a punch when I woke up.

I was literally throwing a punch which is what woke me up. :oops:

Other media, such as the Southwest Journal, have reported on the crime but left out the assailant’s full description as a Somali migrant.

They may not want to go out on a limb and take the womans word for it, because they probably fear a backlash against Somalis

Ethiopians are nice, Somalis, notsomuch.

Just this AM I woke up..was dreaming..Walking (which I never do) down this back way behind a building downtown. All of a sudden there's this Somali-looking guy sitting on the concrete wall and 2 others nearby and I realize I'm all alone, and they're up to no good.

I tried to backpedal and turn around, but he sprang up and was sprinting at me, I was off-balance backwards, throwing a punch when I woke up.

I was literally throwing a punch which is what woke me up. :oops:

Ethiopeans seem to be more open and Somalis more closed off from my experience. I hope you didnt punch your wife by mistake. Telling her that you thought she was a Somali would not have helped matters

Woman Stabbed Multiple Times in Uptown on Walk Home from Work

"I could see he was stabbing her"-- witness to Xmas Eve stabbing in Minneapolis. ABC Local. GIVES NO DESCRIPTION OF ATTACKER.

“He was all of the sudden running at me, and he tackled me and we struggled for a long time — for what felt like minutes.” -- Victim of Minneapolis Xmas Eve stabbing tells CBS Local News. NO DESCRIPTION OF ATTACKER.

WND say he's a Somali immigrant

Thankfully she survived. Hopefully she will get a gun and learn how to use it properly so that if there is a next time she can defend herself.

Forum List

Back