World's first human head transplant

I doubt this will work since it means they have to cut and successfully reconnect the spinal cord. If that can be done, it would indeed be a medical miracle for thousands of paraplegics.

Doubt it works but maybe they will learn something new along the way.

The doctor is claiming a 90% chance at success. That just seems incredibly unrealistic to me. Then he says the induced coma will only be a couple months for the spine to heal.

The doctor is claiming a 90% chance at success. That just seems incredibly unrealistic to me. Then he says the induced coma will only be a couple months for the spine to heal.

Translation: We can keep the brain dead body alive long enough for me to claim success and be famous without anybody being able to refute it.

Yeah the doc is a psychopath. Progressive/commie experimentation on vulnerable humans is.so.cliche these days.

if head transplants become normative, that increases our lifespan by a very, very long time shy of brain issues themselves

to regenerate the spine..would be such a leap forward..i wonder how his sanity will be after a head transplant

If he succeeds in transferring the brain intact but none of the nerves reconnect, that brain will be in complete isolation from the world, possibly for decades. I'd rather be dead.
no it wouldnt they wouldnt keep it alive
Interesting ethical question: do you terminate a living person that may or may not want to be terminated?

Forum List

Back