Would Americans vote for a woman president?

Would Americans vote for a woman president? Would you, would you have if . . . .

• Kamala Harris - The best woman to ever run for president?

• Hillary Clinton - Eminently qualified?

• Geraldine Ferraro - A lost opportunity?

• Ann Richards - Second female governor in history, democrat who ruled over a conservative state

• Jill Stein - Perennial favorite among the populist left

• Carly Fiorina -Former CEO of Hewlitt Packard

• Elizabeth Dole - Former president of the Red Cross

• Nikki Haley - Contender against Trump

• Condoleezza Rice - Scholar and Diplomat

• Candace Owens - Political commentator, conservative populist and activist

• Catherine Austin Fitts - Independent financial expert on government waste and corruption

• Yes, Obama and the establishment are correct, a woman can't be president. Folks shouldn't support it

• Pinapple

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nothing to be sorry for. It's hard to conceive of every contingency when making these polls.
True.

But, so long as I have been given that gold badge, I have a lot of time to edit posts and polls.

I don't know if I have that status because the powers that be gave it as a reward for volunteering my time, or if it was anonymously gifted. heh.

Who knows?

Anyway, so long as I have it, I do go back and make adjustments to my posts with feedback. I'm rarely engaged with USMB for more than five hours a day. So? If feedback comes in, I'll make adjustments.

Time limit to edit your posts goes from ninety (90) minutes to five (5) hours !

I had a lot of folks recommend candidates, but I felt most of those were already represented by one women or another.

I threw in Candace for MAGA folks that aren't sexist or racist, so I thought I had my bases covered. I definitely should have thrown in Tulsi, Lake or Noem. My bad.

True.

But, so long as I have been given that gold badge, I have a lot of time to edit posts and polls.

I don't know if I have that status because the powers that be gave it as a reward for volunteering my time, or if it was anonymously gifted. heh.

Who knows?

Anyway, so long as I have it, I do go back and make adjustments to my posts with feedback. I'm rarely engaged with USMB for more than five hours a day. So? If feedback comes in, I'll make adjustments.

I had a lot of folks recommend candidates, but I felt most of those were already represented by one women or another.

I threw in Candace for MAGA folks that aren't sexist or racist, so I thought I had my bases covered. I definitely should have thrown in Tulsi, Lake or Noem. My bad.
I probably would have voted for Candace if it wasn't for the recent exposure of her anti-Israel stance.

But like Lincoln said, the can't please all the people all the time.

And Reagan's 80% of a loaf is better than no loaf at all.

pknopp is correct.

If a person really likes the party that is running a particular candidate, and those that receive a certain amount of the vote, they don't have to spend resources again getting on electoral ballots in many states. Likewise, if they receive enough donations, they may even qualify for federal campaign funding.

"Each state also regulates how political parties qualify for automatic ballot access, and how those minor parties that do not can."
1728936951099.png

Short answer...it is just sad the Democrats have offered up such poor female (we can still call them that right?) candidates. I suspect the Republicans will have a great one soon.

Men have been our presidents for the last 200 plus years, and according to the Trumpers everything is f___ed up in our country and they need a savior...to make America great.

I think it's about time to see if women, can do the job better that their male predecessors...

Can't hurt, men have just destroyed our country according to Trumpers....😁
Harris contributed more than her fair share of the problems already.

Looks like Condi Rice got the second most votes.

So the question is, could she beat the top voted choice for a woman president?

96pira.jpg

So recently former president Obama, and today, on Face the Nation, the supposition is that men won't vote for a female presidential candidate. They posit this, because from their view, America is irredeemably sexist.

But is this true? Would you vote for a woman for president?

Obama confronts men for finding ‘all kinds of excuses’ to avoid voting for a female president​

96kiw7.jpg

Face the Nation: Frost, Salvanto​

Oct 13, 2024
". . . CBS News Director of Elections and Surveys Anthony Salvanto joins "Face the Nation with Margaret Brennan" to break down the poll the latest CBS News poll shows that Kamala Harris and Donald Trump are effectively even in all of the battleground states likely to determine the presidential election. CBS News Director of Elections and Surveys Anthony Salvanto joins "Face the Nation with Margaret Brennan" to break down the poll. . . . "

(Time stamped at the relevant portion)

So the question is, is Obama correct? Or would you vote, or would have, if any of the following women ran for president?

You can make two choices from the above options.

That she is female seems to be the largest hurdle for many. I think it may be a larger issue with MAGA types than the fact that she is black. It shows that we have a very long way to go in this nation.

So recently former president Obama, and today, on Face the Nation, the supposition is that men won't vote for a female presidential candidate. They posit this, because from their view, America is irredeemably sexist.

But is this true? Would you vote for a woman for president?

Obama confronts men for finding ‘all kinds of excuses’ to avoid voting for a female president​

96kiw7.jpg

Face the Nation: Frost, Salvanto​

Oct 13, 2024
". . . CBS News Director of Elections and Surveys Anthony Salvanto joins "Face the Nation with Margaret Brennan" to break down the poll the latest CBS News poll shows that Kamala Harris and Donald Trump are effectively even in all of the battleground states likely to determine the presidential election. CBS News Director of Elections and Surveys Anthony Salvanto joins "Face the Nation with Margaret Brennan" to break down the poll. . . . "

(Time stamped at the relevant portion)

So the question is, is Obama correct? Or would you vote, or would have, if any of the following women ran for president?

You can make two choices from the above options.

Candace Owens would certainly get my vote.

Forum List

Back