Yoga Is Now Racist

Ricky LIbtardo

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2016
That's right, folks, yoga is racist and in addition it is cultural appropriation.

Who knew the yoga community was a bunch of white supremacists and the wellness community as a whole is inherently racist?

Good luck, folks, if you had the misfortune of being born White you are racist, always will be, nothing you can do about it, and you're a liar if you claim otherwise.

If you’ve ever taken a yoga class, or simply seen it portrayed in pop culture, chances are you associate the practice with themes like "peace," "compassion," or "acceptance." In other words, it’s the last place you’d imagine becoming a hotbed for the spread of hatred and dangerous health misinformation. But for a rising number of practitioners and teachers, love and light are only reserved for people who look and think like the stereotypical white, thin, and increasingly conservative image of "wellness."
Racism is, and has been for many years, prevalent across the wellness industry; many Black and brown practitioners and teachers have spoken openly about being tokenized, facing overt racism within the wellness community, and being held to a higher standard than their white counterparts. In my own community of Orange County, California, racism has taken on a life of its own.

Racism is, and has been for many years, prevalent across the wellness industry; many Black and brown practitioners and teachers have spoken openly about being tokenized, facing overt racism within the wellness community, and being held to a higher standard than their white counterparts. In my own community of Orange County, California, racism has taken on a life of its own.

Certainly biased against non-Carbon-based-lifeforms.

9a8e04e4c245e298bd1e4d62427ea0f1.jpg

That's right, folks, yoga is racist and in addition it is cultural appropriation.

Who knew the yoga community was a bunch of white supremacists and the wellness community as a whole is inherently racist?

Good luck, folks, if you had the misfortune of being born White you are racist, always will be, nothing you can do about it, and you're a liar if you claim otherwise.

If you’ve ever taken a yoga class, or simply seen it portrayed in pop culture, chances are you associate the practice with themes like "peace," "compassion," or "acceptance." In other words, it’s the last place you’d imagine becoming a hotbed for the spread of hatred and dangerous health misinformation. But for a rising number of practitioners and teachers, love and light are only reserved for people who look and think like the stereotypical white, thin, and increasingly conservative image of "wellness."

It must be a relatively recent phenomenon. Perhaps, due to right wing's, guy in the White House. I never really noticed it before.

It must be a relatively recent phenomenon. Perhaps, due to right wing's, guy in the White House. I never really noticed it before.

Trump's fault. Chronic TDS duly noted.

CancerRussh.jpg

leavetheinternet3nl.jpg

I always thought that yoga fans leaned left if they were politically aware at all. First the left wing fascists come after yoga and then they come for organized religion. It's only a matter of time with these people.

First they came for the smokers, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a smoker.
Then they came for the meat eaters, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a meat eater.
Then they came for the SUV drivers, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a SUV driver.
Then they came for my yoga class —and there was no one left to speak for me.

EHl4FXUXYAA97jS.jpg

Forum List

Back